Saints v Motherwell at home

slf

Any news of the game being at risk due to forecast snow? 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/784598/heavy-snow-and-blizzards-forecast-as-met-office-issue-weather-warning-for-tayside-and-fife/ 

I travel from Dunfermline so it's not a million miles away but I woudn't want to waste a trip or get stuck on the M90.

6 minutes ago, supersaintee said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/784598/heavy-snow-and-blizzards-forecast-as-met-office-issue-weather-warning-for-tayside-and-fife/

I travel from Dunfermline so it's not a million miles away but I woudn't want to waste a trip or get stuck on the M90.

I don't think it would get called off far in advance as the snow is only forecast for the Saturday and it would depend what time and how heavy it falls. 

Ditch the Xmas shopping for a few hours.

go to McD watch the game.

it will be quieter than the shopping hastle. Your also  guaranteed no to hear slades merry Christmas and other shit tunes  that get  done to death at this time of year on a loop.

34 minutes ago, supersaintee said:

listen dude we got undersoil heating.we got covered stands to keep the snow oot.hot pies an bovril for yer health.treat yer self tae a bus trip if ye like ,then ye can get pished at the bar under the stand.

dont trust the weathermen/women  either.

7 minutes ago, slf said:

listen dude we got undersoil heating.we got covered stands to keep the snow oot.hot pies an bovril for yer health.treat yer self tae a bus trip if ye like ,then ye can get pished at the bar under the stand.

dont trust the weathermen/women  either.

Buses from Dunfermline to Perth are awful - 3 buses to get from home to McD - total time 2 hours each way compared to 35 minutes by car. I've got my season ticket so already bought and paid for. Undersoil heating and hot food aren't really that much of a concern, more worried about spending hours on the M90 towards Glenfarg afterwards because someone doesn't realise they need to change gear to drive up hill in the snow. 

I'll hold off until about 1.30pm on Saturday to see what the script is. Just hoping that if there is going to be a call off it's done in reasonable time but wondered if there was any mention of a potential pitch inspection. Doesn't sound like it. 

Edited by supersaintee

24 minutes ago, supersaintee said:

I'll hold off until about 1.30pm on Saturday to see what the script is. Just hoping that if there is going to be a call off it's done in reasonable time but wondered if there was any mention of a potential pitch inspection. Doesn't sound like it. 

Braw.yer no a supersaintee for nothing.

2 hours ago, GMac said:

Just need to get all the other fans who used to come along back watching Taysides number 1 team.  You were all there in May 2015, no excuses get your erse along on Saturday, your team needs you.

3 hours ago, slf said:

Ditch the Xmas shopping for a few hours.

go to McD watch the game.

it will be quieter than the shopping hastle. Your also  guaranteed no to hear slades merry Christmas and other shit tunes  that get  done to death at this time of year on a loop.

That’s the way.yo ho ho .

that weather forecast will scare a few 'maybe's'.  They've updated the forecast,  to all day rain/sleet/snow.   Game hopefully played, but wouldn't think any extra will be through the gate.  

Motherwell prove a test.  We've drawn with Killie and Hearts last home outings, decent points and performances against teams above us.   Mwell hot and cold, going to be a decent game.   A win would keep up us challenging for the title.

Great season for entertainment, hope we see more this Saturday.

Edited by Dave H

Yes. My neighbour is a Well fan and says his pals are not coming as they expect heavy snow in the Blackford / Auchterarder area by late afternoon.

He is going with his young lad . Which bit of the ground does he go to for the parent child deal or does it apply anywhere that the away support is?

On 12/13/2018 at 6:27 AM, supersaintee said:

Your hardly coming from the other side of the world mate .. I think you’ll know well in advance 

6 hours ago, Norsaint said:

Yes. My neighbour is a Well fan and says his pals are not coming as they expect heavy snow in the Blackford / Auchterarder area by late afternoon.

He is going with his young lad . Which bit of the ground does he go to for the parent child deal or does it apply anywhere that the away support is?

Phone the club .