Top 10 complete Saints marketing fails..

Melbourne Saint

37 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Biggest marketing fail ever for me was not getting season ticket forms out for 2014/15 after we won the semi-final. Handing them out with cup final tickets at the ticket office and putting them in envelopes to those receiving their tickets by post.

I often wonder how many ST holders we could've had that 14/15 season (and subsequent years due to habit) had the club been on the ball

You can add this season 1/2 season tickets to that.

The team are absolutely flying on the park. Yet, I would be surprised if we have sold more 1/2 season tickets than any other year.

We should be screaming from the rooftops!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

20 hours ago, The Inspiration said:

Biggest marketing fail ever for me was not getting season ticket forms out for 2014/15 after we won the semi-final. Handing them out with cup final tickets at the ticket office and putting them in envelopes to those receiving their tickets by post.

I often wonder how many ST holders we could've had that 14/15 season (and subsequent years due to habit) had the club been on the ball

I agree to an extent but, easy to say in hindsight, but I personally sat through a few seasons worth of dreadful home matches up until this season’s great improvement. Who is to say that if we had increased the season ticket numbers after the cup win that we would then have reduced them again a season or two later due the lack of entertainment. Then how would we have increased it again from 2016? Rinse and repeat? Hard to do with no cup win.

It’s not the full picture but neither is it always as easy as striking at an opportune time like the cup final.

20 hours ago, andrew said:

I agree to an extent but, easy to say in hindsight, but I personally sat through a few seasons worth of dreadful home matches up until this season’s great improvement. Who is to say that if we had increased the season ticket numbers after the cup win that we would then have reduced them again a season or two later due the lack of entertainment. Then how would we have increased it again from 2016? Rinse and repeat? Hard to do with no cup win.

It’s not the full picture but neither is it always as easy as striking at an opportune time like the cup final.

But I suppose that's the point Andrew. We would have had at least as many as we do now....we couldn't have any less than we do now. Any who bought them off the back of the cup win might have drifted away again but we might have retained 10% who would have still been paying £200 a year.

Anyway...it's been done to death. Missed a trick...

On 1/14/2019 at 1:42 PM, Papa Jack said:

But I suppose that's the point Andrew. We would have had at least as many as we do now....we couldn't have any less than we do now. Any who bought them off the back of the cup win might have drifted away again but we might have retained 10% who would have still been paying £200 a year.

Anyway...it's been done to death. Missed a trick...

Indeed, you’re quite right :)

• 4 weeks later...

promoting the academy more and this season the u18s ,most other teams have have official pages on their websites and do match reports for the 18s and player profiles etc ,this lets the fans know who their youth players are  but most importantly it makes the players feel they are really part of the club with supporters taking a keen interest in their development as well 

8 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

promoting the academy more and this season the u18s ,most other teams have have official pages on their websites and do match reports for the 18s and player profiles etc ,this lets the fans know who their youth players are  but most importantly it makes the players feel they are really part of the club with supporters taking a keen interest in their development as well 

well said...

9 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

I thought that was your job? :laugh: