Saints v Sevco 23rd Dec

Havana Saint

2 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Thought the ref had a shocker it was embarrassing how he gave every decision to sevco.

Decent performance from whole team just didn’t take our chances and Kennedy hitting top form, top top player, should have had a point but again not dealing with cross balls let’s us down.

be good to end the year with two wins and keep the didees down where they belong.

what a shower follow the tribute act, flares, party songs, trackside invasion, suppose they get a bit excited winning the league three times before Xmas!!

have to disagree, I thought the ref had a really good game.

That was a sore one to lose. We were excellent today and if we play with that type of energy and poise we will be in the shake up for a top six place. 

I thought Jason was outstanding, Matt MOTM and Liam had another outstanding game.Alston was impressive and should have scored late on. I think Spoony is a great player but he is liability in a formation like today where everyone has to dig in and do a shift.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Not sour grapes or bias although it might be.

Summed up by linesman at east stand unable to say whose throw it was so the natural order of things give it to them.

Was it my imagination or did he step out 8 yards at our free kicks & 12 at theirs.

Danny just on the field & ends up with bloody nose. I don't suppose the cameras picked it up.

A few thought he was decent, all about opinions, personally thought he favoured sevco at every turn, maybe showing my dislike of the tribute act and their prick of a manager.

aye noticed that with the free kicks too, short steps for sevco wall, long steps for saints wall ....., and tavenier should have been carded for his fore arm smash on spoony in front of the east when he had skinned him.

Tommy mentioned the Swanson one on the radio, but usual beeb boys club just ignored it as did sportscene later on. And while I’m on one what’s the point of billy Dodds, what a waste of airtime, sevco apologist.

Craig miss from the header, thought give him the benefit from where I sit, but seeing the highlight should be scoring.

A lot of positives to be taken from the game. Whole team showed commitment, great we didnt lose an early goal and got the first. We needed the 2nd goal and paid the price. Rangers were given too much space to get crosses in and definitely a weakness. Have to say that Saints struggle when the ball is in the air. Get it on the ground and they look confident and able to control the game. The team has come a long way since September. Thought the "places like this" comment was was disrespectful. 

Not looking forward to the back to back games against Celtic. When the fixtures are set out at the start of the season no team plays another consecutively so why rearrange games like this.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

A lot of positives to be taken from the game. Whole team showed commitment, great we didnt lose an early goal and got the first. We needed the 2nd goal and paid the price. Rangers were given too much space to get crosses in and definitely a weakness. Have to say that Saints struggle when the ball is in the air. Get it on the ground and they look confident and able to control the game. The team has come a long way since September. Thought the "places like this" comment was was disrespectful. 

Not looking forward to the back to back games against Celtic. When the fixtures are set out at the start of the season no team plays another consecutively so why rearrange games like this.

Commitment and desire has been in abundance since August. Superb.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:03 AM, RandomGuy said:

According to perthsaint on P&B, line up is...

Clark, Foster, Shaughnessy, Kerr, Tanser, Alston, Callachan, Craig, Davidson, Wotherspoon, Kennedy.

There better be serious injuries up front to be going 4-6-0 against this lot.

Looks like Tommy reads this forum. Quotes 4-6-0.

Sevco 2-1 up. Ball goes out for goalkick,  Ballboy throws ball to McGregor who deliberately punches it onto the roof of the net to waste time - no booking.

Minute later same situation but this time ballboy throws ball back but this time Mcgregor pretends to miss it and further pretends he cant stop as he looks as if hes running on ice. - no booking

Final whistle goes and he immediately heads to the officials to berate them about something.

Scottish football - one league - two sets of rules.

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

Lovely goal by Kennedy but a disappointing result in the end unfortunately.

A good battle though all round. 

Seen a few folk moaning about the Gerrard interview.

What did the wee thug say?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46665295

"Speaking on BT Sport, he added his side "shouldn't have to work that hard to win at places like this"."

Which seems to suggest Saints didn't lie down strangely enough. I read that as more of a complement? 

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

"Speaking on BT Sport, he added his side "shouldn't have to work that hard to win at places like this"."

Which seems to suggest Saints didn't lie down strangely enough. I read that as more of a complement? 

When someone says "with all due respect" you know it is insulting.

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

He effectively said Rangers shouldn't need to try too hard to beat Saints, that's disrespectful.