Dundee v Saints 30/12/2018

ejksjfc

Absolutely battered them, genuinely must have had about six clear chances at goal.

Defence is incredible, Tansers turned into an absolute superstar. I slagged Callachan, comparing him to Paton, but he's made me look like a right fanny there, was like Muzz in his prime. Won every ball in midfielder, got forward, got back, just bullied folk, MOM for me. Spoony and Craig ran themselves into the ground. Kane was perfect for that game too, had a few chances he seemed to rush, but he's just so busy and constantly looking to get in behind. 

Watt deserved a goal. Three separate instances when he was surrounded by Dundee players and he somehow escaped with the ball, rushed a few efforts, was unlucky with a backheel.

Kennedy is incredible, just incredible. Dundee defence was completely shit scared of him, amount of times he ran right at them, and past them, was unbelievable. They restorted to smashing his knees and running studs down his achilles, as there was no other way to stop him.

What a team we have here, we'll struggle to keep it beyond this season so folk need to see it as much as they can.

Absolutely immense performance today - should have been 5 or 6. Kennedy is outstanding, Callachan had another great game, Kane and Watt led the line well and the defence was rock solid - Tanser's goal was a beautiful sight.

Dundee are shit just now but don't let that take anything away from an amazing team performance from Saints.

What a great day out that was. Superb performance against a Dundee that stank the place out. They are so, so poor but can't take anything away from the lads. 

As a couple have already said, on the way home I was thinking that Callachan is an upgrade on this season's Murray Davidson. He chucks himself around like Murray but he's faster, more robust, much better at going forward and beating men. He's maybe not quite as good in the air but not sure we've seen enough to say that with confidence. Tanser is rightly getting glory but on the other side Foster's been very solid with good distribution. 

What a team indeed. 

How the hell did we end up with Kennedy. Tommy must have good connections or was just jammy to end up with him & Drey.

We will be lucky if Matty is here next season. The amount of non Saints fans that have said to me he is a player in the last few weeks is unreal.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard didn't make a bid for him. If so I hope we knock it back.

Would be really disappointing to see any of this team go next season but I guess its inevitable. Best squad we've had in quite a while. A real attacking side that has been enjoyable to watch for a large part of the season. I anticipate that a few players will be poached by clubs with more money for them not to get a game.

Can honestly say it’s been a while since I enjoyed a Saturday night as much as this.  team was immense today back 4 solid special mentions to Tanser and Kerr, Ross and Liam brilliant biggest compliment to Ross was we didn’t miss muzz in the middle, watt excellent up front and as for Kennedy he was unplayable today a joy to watch just a pity we only scored 2. As for the scumdee that was the worst Dundee team I’ve ever had the pleasure to watch .........will miss them next season 

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Two matches in a row that Danny Swanson has stomped off the pitch.

Didnt applaud the fans when subbed off v St.Mirren on Wednesday and disappeared up the tunnel at full time today without acknowledging the fans.

Something not right with him...

Done nothing since he came back & doesn't look interested.

Tommy has given him one last chance & it doesn't look like he is taking it. If he doesn't he is finished in football.

29 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Done nothing since he came back & doesn't look interested.

Tommy has given him one last chance & it doesn't look like he is taking it. If he doesn't he is finished in football.

I think you have to remember that this is quite an emotional time of the year for Danny with the anniversary of his pals murder.

Maybe he is just trying too hard and putting himself under too much pressure. Plus he was probably rushing to get ready to watch the Edinburgh derby.

7 minutes ago, Cagey said:

A word for Liam on his 362nd appearance. Scored a goal & inches away from spectacular 2nd.

I think we all thought that he would be a bit part player this season but Tommy couldn't get a holding midfielder & tried Liam in there & he has made the position his own.

He has been immense. We have quality leadership across the pitch. A joy to watch.

Every single time we went forward, we looked dangerous, ah the joy.  Listening to the radio after game, Willie Miller noted 12 great chances for us from his notes. Im sure he missed a couple of other half chances.  Dominated em!

One sided, bossed it, take 3 points.  Good pitch, good weather, good support, good game. Good day.  

Dundee have been poor for seasons now, avoiding relegation playoffs by skin of their teeth in recent seasons...  today they simply couldn't cope by our skill, energy, running, strength, desire... Could say men v boys.  However hope they survive as easy trip away.

20181230_001931.jpg

Brilliant day from start to finish. 12 hours on the pish and a superb team performance to cap it off.

Echo a lot of what's been what's been said!

Callachan has been brilliant the past few games, so much energy breaking up the play and loves to drive forward with it which is something Murray and Liam possibly don't do so much.

Back four very comfortable, again.

Tony Watt toyed with their defence at times, and Kennedy has developed into an absolute standout player, I think he really is having the time of his life. Feels harsh to not mention the whole team though, as Every Saints player dominated his opposite number.

If we took that support every week, in terms of numbers and noise, we'd destroy everyone with this team.  Imagine that backing at Ibrox and Celtic park, we'd rip the cunts apart!

Amazing .. every pub you went into was stowed out with Saints fans partying before and after.