Sign in to follow this  
Cumbo

Jeanfield v Blackburn - Tomorrow Saturday 29 December

Recommended Posts

Not going to Dundee to watch Saints tomorrow?

Don't fancy watching the old firm?

Well there is only 1 game in Perth tomorrow and its at Riverside Stadium as Swifts entertain Blackburn United.

Swifts won 3-0 down in West Lothian under the lights in October and are looking to complete the double over tomorrow's opponents.

Kick off is 1.30pm

IMG-20181227-WA0000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cumbo said:

Not going to Dundee to watch Saints tomorrow?

Don't fancy watching the old firm?

Well there is only 1 game in Perth tomorrow and its at Riverside Stadium as Swifts entertain Blackburn United.

Swifts won 3-0 down in West Lothian under the lights in October and are looking to complete the double over tomorrow's opponents.

Kick off is 1.30pm

IMG-20181227-WA0000.jpg

Nice to see Jeanfield doing well. Just as a matter of interest what would happen if they get promoted does the ground comply for lowland league (or the next step up). Also does the East of Scotland league change next season or do they stay with the "conferences" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

Nice to see Jeanfield doing well. Just as a matter of interest what would happen if they get promoted does the ground comply for lowland league (or the next step up). Also does the East of Scotland league change next season or do they stay with the "conferences" ?

Was about to ask the same questions.  

PS Come on the Swifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does comply to Lowland requirements we just need to get our entry level licence. We have applied for this and are working towards it although the SFA have thrown a spanner in the works by insisting that floodlighting is mandatory. 

However there are 3 LL clubs who don't have then and over half of the 17 clubs who have applied for SFA membership this year don't have them either.

Its just a case of wait and see.

As for next season all we know is there will be a 16 team premier league. The top 5 of each conference are guaranteed a place and the others depend on Lowland league promotion and relegation. 6th place may also be promoted.

Below that has yet to be decided.

Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cumbo said:

It does comply to Lowland requirements we just need to get our entry level licence. We have applied for this and are working towards it although the SFA have thrown a spanner in the works by insisting that floodlighting is mandatory. 

 

 

Any plans to get Floodlights at the ground?

Or a bar?

How many go up to the Lowland League?

Exciting times seeing how well you guys are doing, i look out for the score each week.... are crowds going up?

What do you get 150 a match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No bar yet or floodlights yet but that is in the pipeline.

New committee taken over this season and looking to make changes to club.

Only 1 goes up just now but that all depends if they are licensed. That is something we are working on BTW.

Crowds are up a little which is a positive.

Finished 2-2 yesterday. Last minute debatable pen recused a point though we did play 70 minutes with 10 men. Still unbeaten in the league though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this