St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical - Scottish Cup 4th Round 19/1/19

jhq

Competent first half performance from us.

Second half was very disjointed and we looked rusty with players over/ underhitting passes and making the wrong decision constantly when in good positions.

I did think if Accies nicked a goal it might be a bit of a concern as we were so slack. But we looked comfortable at the back for the most part, and they lack a cutting edge up front.

Bit of a Jekyll and Hyde performance from Kane I thought. His workrate, link up play, winning headers and ability to find space in behind were all very good, but his quality/ decision making in some good situations were often poor. Interested to hear what others felt.

Overall, great to be in the next round after a potentially tricky tie, and a competitive match to get the sharpness back.

To The fat Hamilton t watt that flung his pie at t watt after his goal ye should have just  sat n ate it.watt pretended tae take a bite and flung it back .

some real bozos amongst 50 or so away characters.

get it up ye and enjoy yer trip back tae Glasgow.

Edited by slf

On 1/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Cagey said:

Will be interesting to see if the reduced prices will bring in more fans like some think.

As I thought. Now let's stop this, bring down prices & more fans will come.

If we can't attract them with £15/10 & on the back of a great display at Dens then ?.

By Christ Hamilton were dreadful. 

Obviously happy with a win and another clean sheet, but a lot of that game we were worryingly poor. 

Will put it down to post-Christmas syndrome and the fact we had absolutely no need to get out of neutral, never mind 1st gear, but we'll really need to up our game for the leauge starting again. 

Some good performances (Zander did what he had too, Tony was good again, thought Kane was OK and Callachan put in a decent shift again) but Matty seemed out of sorts the whole game. 

Nothing wrong with winning ugly and fair enough if it keeps the powder dry but there wasn't much in the way of opportunities being created. 

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Competent first half performance from us.

Second half was very disjointed and we looked rusty with players over/ underhitting passes and making the wrong decision constantly when in good positions.

I did think if Accies nicked a goal it might be a bit of a concern as we were so slack. But we looked comfortable at the back for the most part, and they lack a cutting edge up front.

Bit of a Jekyll and Hyde performance from Kane I thought. His workrate, link up play, winning headers and ability to find space in behind were all very good, but his quality/ decision making in some good situations were often poor. Interested to hear what others felt.

Overall, great to be in the next round after a potentially tricky tie, and a competitive match to get the sharpness back.

Are with all that.

Don't know why Tommy didn't  freshen things up in second half. Think Matty was wanting subbed a lot earlier & Tony looked fecked in last 10 mins . They had a 3 week break & looked to be struggling & we had guys on the bench that needed game time.

We have a game on Wednesday so would have been good for them all.

2 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

By Christ Hamilton were dreadful. 

Obviously happy with a win and another clean sheet, but a lot of that game we were worryingly poor. 

Will put it down to post-Christmas syndrome and the fact we had absolutely no need to get out of neutral, never mind 1st gear, but we'll really need to up our game for the leauge starting again. 

Some good performances (Zander did what he had too, Tony was good again, thought Kane was OK and Callachan put in a decent shift again) but Matty seemed out of sorts the whole game. 

Nothing wrong with winning ugly and fair enough if it keeps the powder dry but there wasn't much in the way of opportunities being created. 

Their left back used the old trick of ,hit the danger man with the first tackle of the game & crock him for rest of game.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Their left back used the old trick of ,hit the danger man with the first tackle of the game & crock him for rest of game.

I missed that - did wonder what was up and I thought I saw the odd little limp from him now and again. He got clattered (accidentally) in thier box as well and it looked like a bad one, but he bounced back up sharpish. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Well we are through.

Second half was awful.

How spoon got 90 mins is beyond me. Hate to say that was Kane's chance today and all round not good enough, can't fault his effort, he will run all day and gets into some good positions but several times today from good positions played a poor, wrong or slow ball and when he had chances himself looked so hesitant and negative. Frustrating as there is something there but how long is it going to take?