St Johnstone v Hamilton Academical - Scottish Cup 4th Round 19/1/19

jhq

53 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

but Matty seemed out of sorts the whole game. 

Agree with Cagey, he got hacked down in the first minute and received at least one other bad tackle in the first half. He wasn't poor by any means, just quiet going by the high standard he has set himself the past few months.

Have to say I far prefer him centrally. Ever since being moved there's he's been one of the best attacking players in the league. I realise we have been very successful so far this season in selecting the team based on the opposition, but I do wonder why not move others around him, and keep the best attacking player in the position where he has performed best?

Hopefully with MOH back there will be more likelihood of doing that.  Also think we might see him central again on Wednesday night as we may go 3 at the back to match up with Livingston.

Job done. First half good, superb start. Second half just an endurance training session.  Get the minutes under the belt. 

This winter break in league needs mothballed, waste of time.  Looked like too much turkey and lack of sharpness second half.  

One thought, why the players were winding the accies fans up celebrating the goals in front of them.   Dont recall many home goal celebrations in front of the main stand away fans....

In the hat, fingers crossed we avoid top flight team.

48 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

How did joe play? :D

Solid enough.

5 minutes ago, Dave H said:

One thought, why the players were winding the accies fans up celebrating the goals in front of them.   Dont recall many home goal celebrations in front of the main stand away fans....

Tony Watt seems to get a lot of abuse off them, I don't know if that's because his Airdrie/Celtic links, or something else.

I think Kerrs just been brought up in a squad alongside the likes of Craig and Macca, and takes any chance to wind cunts up.

Good wee win. 

Never really under any threat from Hamilton. Anyone in the next round for me .

What is it with our stewards and searching folk:mad: 2300 at the match and the bloomin steward frisks season ticket holders going in the mainstand.:laugh:

@slf did you get searched going in today? If not then I want to know how I look more dodgy than you:razz:

Got the job done early and then just went into preserve mode. Wasn't the most enjoyable game, but good to get some minutes into the lads legs after the break.

Defence never looked under any threat (Hamilton's new striker looks like a fat Sunday League Player). Callachan continues to prove to myself he should be in our starring XI even when Davidson returns and Watt linked up well at times. Was pretty dissapointed in Kane, I'm a big fan of his and certainly can see what he usually brings to the side, but at times his play was sloppy, he slowed down play on a couple.of occasions and had a very weak attempt at goal.

All in all, glad to be in the next round of the cup.

Expect us to put in a better performance against Livi, but with the same type of result.

Our play was good apart from the last 30 yards towards their goal where we were murder to watch. 

Thought Foster was our most solid looking player. 

Danny should have been brought on much earlier. 

Kennedy cynically disarmed with first tackle which reduced his effectiveness. 

Canning took pelters from his own supporters, total numpties. 

Good to see SLF and the doc. Few beers in the Royal after and a visit to the Himalaya for a chefs special and a plastic fork. 

Night in the Sally including brekkie for just £37 which was great. 

Hopefully an away tie at ICT or Dingelly Dell in the next round. 

8 hours ago, 541ntees said:

and some folk were saying that he was being left out cos he was away to Aberdeen

Those that are saying that have probably wanted Liam Craig left out before he went to HIbs as well.  That year he signed a pre contract with Hibs, he played every match up to the end of the season and even scored the winning goal against Motherwell that secured European football. 

Edited by mainstand

This was my first game since we beat St Mirren back in October. Pleased with the result, shame it wasnt a great spectacle but you cant have everything.

I thought Jason Kerr was outstanding - really very solid and there was only one time that I thought he was caught out (by an admittedly poor Hamilton side). For all that everyone is raving about our attacking options (rightly so), its clear that its the defence that is responsible for our league position. Its a while since I have seen such a balanced side and one with so many options from the bench too.

I was also really impressed by Callachan. I think his was one of the most underwhelming signings in the summer and I had forgotten all about him until he made his debut. The fact that the team didnt miss Muzz shows that he performed very well.

Disappointed by Kane - I really want him to be successful but for all his hard work, he made some poor decisions. I cant see him getting the chance to start many more games.

Any stattos know when we last scored that early in a game?