Big Noise In Perth Tonight

Indicator

2 hours ago, Indicator said:

"Scottish Premiership managers will meet with top flight referees on Thursday evening to discuss a way forward after recent high-profile controversies…

Venue is McDiarmid Park.

Far be it for me to comment negatively before seeing what comes out of the meeting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46902736

The only way to solve the problem is to bring back the refs from abroad with no alegences or bias.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

The outcome was some more training for refs and the introduction of VAR https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46913628

Really can't say I am a fan of VAR as it still isn't conclusive. I can't imagine how the incompetence of the SFA will help that implementation. 

I hope we never see VAR. Did you see that Southampton v Derby match the other night? Shocking. The goal had been given, no one argued, and everyone was back up the pitch ready to kick off. Someone, I presume in the VAR room, had a word with the ref and persuaded him to have look. He watched it about five times and then decided to disallow the goal for offside. Absolute disgrace of a decision and if this is supposed to help referees and football in general, then it's being used all wrong.

41 minutes ago, cristo said:

I hope we never see VAR. Did you see that Southampton v Derby match the other night? Shocking. The goal had been given, no one argued, and everyone was back up the pitch ready to kick off. Someone, I presume in the VAR room, had a word with the ref and persuaded him to have look. He watched it about five times and then decided to disallow the goal for offside. Absolute disgrace of a decision and if this is supposed to help referees and football in general, then it's being used all wrong.

Yeah,watched it . Guy was a millimetre offside, if he was. Depends when you stop the bid. Who is to say if it was stopped a fraction of a second earlier he may have been onside.

Var should be used for clear & obvious mistakes, not for actions that take 5 or 6 looks in slowmo to decide if the decision was wrong.