League Game 21: Saints v Livingston Wednesday 23 Jan 2019

garydavidson

Guest ScottMann
1 hour ago, SconeSaintees said:

I have just written to Donalda MacKinnon, Head of BBC Scotland to ask her for an explanation as to why there is a clear anti St Johnstone bais within her sports broadcasting dept.

Be interesting to see her response!!

It'll be - platitude...platitude...you're wrong, we're right. 

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Although we are playing Celtic three times in ten days technically only one really counts for the league. If we get beat in the game in hand it wont have a bearing on position unless the goal difference takes a battering again.

Fair comment.  Worth noting, I think, that when Scott Sinclair takes his disjointed run up to a penalty he is set up to shoot to the keeper's right.  He has had 2 daisy cutters saved but last night he put more height on the ball and scored.  No doubt that Zander and Tommy will have studied his technique since no way will we play 3 games against Celtic without at least 2 penalties given against us.

4 minutes ago, south inch said:

Fair comment.  Worth noting, I think, that when Scott Sinclair takes his disjointed run up to a penalty he is set up to shoot to the keeper's right.  He has had 2 daisy cutters saved but last night he put more height on the ball and scored.  No doubt that Zander and Tommy will have studied his technique since no way will we play 3 games against Celtic without at least 2 penalties given against us.

I thought that run up was considered to be against the rules?

7 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

but there's really not much between the 10 teams below the satan's stillborns. every team can get a result. it's actually an interesting one...

Normally that would be true, but this season there is a huge gulf in quality between the bottom 3 and the rest.  I'd be hugely pissed off if we lost a game to any of them. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Only if you dummy kicking the ball. You can do anything you want during the rum up to that point.

don't think they can adequately qualify what is an "adequate" run up.... i remember Ronaldo, Henry and i think di Baggio getting pelters for chipping pens or other nonsense during run ups/ strikes. much as i wasn't a big fan of Raymond Stewart,  didn't he have close to a 100% record at pens from his time at West Ham & Saints? he just blasted it, mostly close to middle. even if a goalie could read it, he hit it hard.