Hearts v Saints at Tynie 26/1/19

ejksjfc

Yes bitterly disappointed with that performance today. Hearts looked quicker,stronger and hungrier all over the park.

Our players looked totally uncomfortable with the system and at times it looked like we didn't know who was picking up who.

We've been so good this season, so shouldn't get carried away, but we have mostly really struggled against the better sides, other than Aberdeen.

Losing at Tynecastle is certainly no disgrace, but to go a whole game without a shot at goal with the attacking players we have is pretty shite in all honesty.  Are Hearts really that much better than us?

Fair enough trying a system, but you have to adapt to what's in front of you, and after the first 5 minutes we were never in it, so to leave it until we inevitably lost a goal is a strange decision.

Still, we've made far more successful tactical adjustments all season so maybe just have to take that on the chin and move on. It's only three points.  It does give me the fear for the forthcoming triple header with Celtic though..

Not the best preparation for 3 games against the ‘tic.. sad in that imo totally preventable.. 

its not the first time I have  thought to myself team selection/tactics haven’t looked right only for Saints to storm it.. that’s why I am sitting on a cold plastic seat & not the dug out! However Tommy & Co definitely got it wrong the day!  

Still a great time to be supporting the Saints ... predictably unpredictable.. 

Just now, dublin saint said:

When he pays £28 quid he can criticise. Hope next time rangers lite come to town saints will do the same- repairs to the Ormand stand

Aye 28 quid for a seat covered in pigeon shit, Budge totally at it moving everyone to the top, nothing to do with repairs, as the whole place is a shithole.

Anyway that was poor stuff today against an average team, players didn't seem to know where they were playing, should have set up to have a go at a team low in confidence, instead we hand them the initiative, and Richard Foster what was that all about at the last goal lost the ball and then just walked back, must have been saving his energy for sprinting down the tunnel at the end!

We have a problem in midfield. Craig & Muzz did well on Wednesday but Muzz has been out for a while & he put in some shift on Wednesday. Craig is getting on a bit & 3 games in a week may have been a step too far. We may have got away with Callahan & Another in midfield but we do not have an An Other.Spoony can play in there bit the only position he seems to be effective is wide left.

Tommy has brought in a lot of forwards but like Spoony only seem to be effective wide left. Maybe that's why he was looking at Polworth.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

We have a problem in midfield. Craig & Muzz did well on Wednesday but Muzz has been out for a while & he put in some shift on Wednesday. Craig is getting on a bit & 3 games in a week may have been a step too far. We may have got away with Callahan & Another in midfield but we do not have an An Other.Spoony can play in there bit the only position he seems to be effective is wide left.

Tommy has brought in a lot of forwards but like Spoony only seem to be effective wide left. Maybe that's why he was looking at Polworth.

Liam craig is 32 to say he is getting on a bit and unable to play 3 games in a week is crazy. 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think the bigger problem was that once Callachan was booked he became pretty ineffective in midfield, reluctant to tackle etc. Muzz did ok but both him and Liam were being pulled all over the place because we failed to build from the back and instead relied on the long ball.

I’d imagine that say, last Thursday/Friday, the starting line up would have played a match against a team made up of our other players.

What if the first team lost to the second team, say, 2-0? That might indicate that it wasn’t the best idea to play that way for real and lose 2-0 again.

I might be talking rubbish though. Has been known. Just musing.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, dublin saint said:

This whole thing is b*******.  Reported to the police for being rude to someone?  If your kids are affected by swearing at a football match, sit somewhere else.  Or if there's nowhere else to sit because...and here's the thing...IT'S A FOOTBALL MATCH, the solution is simple -don't bring them to a football match.

People are getting fed up with this precious victim garbage, because what you end up with is freedom of speech and association stamped on by the State.  Once we start down that route, all bets are off and things get really ugly.  Thankfully the wheel is starting to turn.  History tells us very clearly that erosion of liberties like this (particularly when it's dressed up with the"for the common good" excuse) never ends well...

The times in which we live, eh?

1 minute ago, HertsAgain said:

This whole thing is b*******.  Reported to the police for being rude to someone?  If your kids are affected by swearing at a football match, sit somewhere else.  Or if there's nowhere else to sit because...and here's the thing...IT'S A FOOTBALL MATCH, the solution is simple -don't bring them to a football match.

Why does the fact that it's a football match make it OK? Here's an alternative suggestion: maybe the person who shouldn't be going to football matches is the guy who can't go to them without randomly shrieking abuse at people?

Honestly, some of the behaviour you see from grown men at football matches, under the bizarre excuse of "it's a football match", is just downright odd.

12 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

People are getting fed up with this precious victim garbage, because what you end up with is freedom of speech and association stamped on by the State.  Once we start down that route, all bets are off and things get really ugly.  Thankfully the wheel is starting to turn.  History tells us very clearly that erosion of liberties like this (particularly when it's dressed up with the"for the common good" excuse) never ends well...

You sound like you will be at the front of the queue to burn books and turn in your family and neighbours!

Don't bring kids to a football match? That seems a bit backward, fits in well with the rest of your rant though.

The  whole report sounds odd.

if the guy was sitting behind him that would make him a saints fan- why would a Saints fan shout abuse at saints fans?

he was reported to the police by stewards, who are investigating. What’s to investigate- you’ve got your man

we took a decent support but as we were all crammed together I’m surprised I never saw anything 

12 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Why does the fact that it's a football match make it OK? Here's an alternative suggestion: maybe the person who shouldn't be going to football matches is the guy who can't go to them without randomly shrieking abuse at people?

Honestly, some of the behaviour you see from grown men at football matches, under the bizarre excuse of "it's a football match", is just downright odd.

This reminds me off a midweek match up in Inverness.a group of visiting fans were singing non offensive songs in support of their  team.A woman also in the away section complained to the police about these troublesome stjohnstone supporters singing.

ask lark Saint he was one of the supporter/culprits.

3 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

The  whole report sounds odd.

if the guy was sitting behind him that would make him a saints fan- why would a Saints fan shout abuse at saints fans?

he was reported to the police by stewards, who are investigating. What’s to investigate- you’ve got your man

we took a decent support but as we were all crammed together I’m surprised I never saw anything 

Hearts fans had half the roseburn.

1 minute ago, slf said:

This reminds me off a midweek match up in Inverness.a group of visiting fans were singing non offensive songs in support of their  team.A woman also in the away section complained to the police about these troublesome stjohnstone supporters singing.

ask lark Saint he was one of the supporter/culprits.

I was singing as well yer honour.

29 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Sanitisation is the name of the blame game.

unless yer rangers or Celtic dudes who get all their nonsense swept under the carpet.must be a mountain of shit under that carpet.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

That's the point though isn't it?  Speech is either free in this country, or it's not.  If it's not, who gets to decide what's acceptable?  You?  The State?  If we think that freedom of speech and expression are valuable, like it or not, we have to allow for people who feel the need to shriek abuse.  Personally, I think the ability to argue against bad ideas or concepts with confidence that I'm not going to get dragged off to jail for it is something worth keeping, and to make the decision to move seats at an event where some t*** is shouting their mouth off for the sake of peace is a price worth paying.  Try arguing against some things in China and see how far you get, because that's where it ends.  I understand those of a more, shall we say, left leaning persuasion might be tempted, but IMO we go there at our collective peril.