Hamilton Away

byebyedundee

I'll probably go to this, big game and final run-out before the cup so could be interesting as I don't think Sunday's team is an easy pick. 

Hoping for an attacking set-up and a couple of goals, especially from Tony, as he needs to get the monkey off his back from the weekend and start finishing before the fans run out of good will. 

Murray calling him out for shiteing it may not have helped, but may have been a clever ploy.

32 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Hoping for an attacking set-up and a couple of goals, especially from Tony, as he needs to get the monkey off his back from the weekend and start finishing before the fans run out of good will. 

Murray calling him out for shiteing it may not have helped, but may have been a clever ploy.

Can't agree with Watt "running out of good will", if Saints fans turn on him and help force him out the door because he's not scoring every week, I'll be seething, he's the best striker we've had in years.

Murray should concentrate on his own game, he was constantly letting folk run off him at the weekend, and his best pass of the match was to set Celtic up.

I'd love to thump Accies tonight but would happily settle for any kind of win. The team unit was good against Celtic but let down by tired legs and poor decision making as a result. We need to press Accies because they will be up for it with a new manager and a last gasp point against Dundee. Let's hope the likes of Kennedy and Watt turn up to turn up the heat in the race for top 6.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Can't agree with Watt "running out of good will", if Saints fans turn on him and help force him out the door because he's not scoring every week, I'll be seething, he's the best striker we've had in years.

Murray should concentrate on his own game, he was constantly letting folk run off him at the weekend, and his best pass of the match was to set Celtic up.

How many years?

not a patch on macca 

8 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

Another Mickey Mouse plastic surface to contend with.Hope Matty turns up tonight he seemed a bit subdued last couple of weeks

I thought that he was far better on Sunday than he's been since the winter break, seemed to show a lot more for the ball and certainly was up for running at defenders. Not everything quite went his way but the effort was there. Maybe not quite back to his best form but heading in the right direction. 

Up against poorer opposition you'd expect him to tear them to bits tonight. Hope he plays, scores a couple and gets subbed off for protection at 60 minutes. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Davidson is a legend. Watt is a decent footballer who looks good running towards his own half or out wide but is a striker who can't score.

I remember when he played for Hearts & never thought he could damage us.

4 hours ago, 541ntees said:

How many years?

not a patch on macca 

He stronger and quicker than MacLean, MacLean was a better finisher though. He's a more complete striker than someone like May, even though he'll never come close to his goal tally. I'm not sure we'll have another striker to manage that this decade though.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Davidson is a legend. Watt is a decent footballer who looks good running towards his own half or out wide but is a striker who can't score.

I'm not going to compare them both, but just because Davidsons been here a long time, and Watt hasn't, doesn't mean one should get more criticism. 

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

He looks great on the ball, no doubt, and he's certainly put in a lot of effort shown none of the attitude problems that were allegedly a problem for him previously. There was a run on Sunday though when I was surprised at how slow he looked, I always thought he had a bit of pace but in a straight race he looked sluggish. 

Anyway we now a situation where he's missing chances he should be scoring, Tommy has made comments about him not getting in the box enough, there's been no talk from the club about a contract extension and a well-respected 'old guard' player has made negative public comments. 

I like guy, and I really want him to turn a corner. Even if he's not scoring it's clear he contributes a great deal to the team. I don't honestly think it's the lack of goals as much as the squandering of opportunities that might be causing a bit of negativity. 

Edit - have to start heading down the road now .. COYS etc

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Not as seething as 90% of the fan base were on Sunday when he pussied out of a header that could well have won us the match...

Not exactly the actions of a goal hungry striker who is desperate to break his duck!!

14 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Sadly having bought Saints TV so I could watch every minute I will miss the first half. At a meeting in RAF Akroteri. So I predict 0v0 first half and 0v2  at full time.

There's no live video for this one, since Accies don't have a deal with SportsMediaGB. Audio commentary only.

20 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

There's no live video for this one, since Accies don't have a deal with SportsMediaGB. Audio commentary only.

Ah bollocks. 

Just after i messed about getting a vpn and a saints tv account.

Does the audio start with kick off? Or am i missing a button?