Celtic v Saints, Scottish Cup February 10th

ejksjfc

We've had 2 games as practice v em.  They'll be complacent. We'll miraculously find our form. Tommy has been working on this match for 4 games now.  Players know what is required.

I was hoping to go, but now can't.  Let's hope we have a good few fans there to celebrate with our players at full time.  

There must be a way to counter Celtic which doesn't involve either ten men behind the ball or getting mullered 6-0. But we need to give them more to worry about than a week past Wednesday. They press you early and high but if you can beat that, there is definitely space to exploit.

Anyone heading through that usually wouldn't go to Celtic Park? Be nice to have a few more fans than usual there. 

This is going to be another battle of attrition. Familiarity and two good tacticians will make this very close unless someone from Saints lets their guard down early and then it's very difficult to see us come back if we open up and push for a leveler.

I hate to say this and even contemplate it but I can see a return tie in Perth- God save us! 

Can't make this one but confident despite all evidence pointing the other way. Probably won't even get to see it on the telly. 

Zander

Foster - Jas + Joe - Tanser

Matty Davidson Goss Craig MOH

Watt

Last throw of the dice for Tony IMO. We've seen so much quality with so little return, time for him to step up on the big stage. 

Worried about Tanser getting turned inside out by Forrest yet again and not sure that MOH can be relied upon for cover, so maybe another option there. 

On Sunday we let them stroll down the middle of the park like they were taking the dug for a walk on the North Inch, can't let that happen again.

Having watched the last two games, the tactic Celtic do well is closing down. We will not get an opportunity to play it out from the back. Our best tactic is direct play. So need someone to win the first and most likely the second balls. Do not crowd the wings let the wingers get one on one and hope for the best. Pointless playing for a draw need to be more aggressive and if it's 6 it 6 but at least we had a go.

I agree have a go!! if you pack the defence surrender 60% of the field to them let them come at you for 90 mins with the hope of a break away the end result is inevitable as is the result. By all means defend well for the ENTIRE 90 odd mins but have real go at them any team that has had success against them has done that. We all know their main weakness is defensively let'stry and exploit that.

1-0 Saints, Goss to score

4 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

There must be a way to counter Celtic which doesn't involve either ten men behind the ball or getting mullered 6-0. But we need to give them more to worry about than a week past Wednesday. They press you early and high but if you can beat that, there is definitely space to exploit.

Anyone heading through that usually wouldn't go to Celtic Park? Be nice to have a few more fans than usual there. 

I am. Regular away fan but haven't been there since 2014...May ish...

Celtic will have most of the ball and normally i hate this tactic but let them have it soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter, tell Matty n Moh not come back over the half way line give their defense something to worry about.

Clark

Foster Joe Kerr Tanser

Alston Muzz Craig Spoony

Moh  Kennedy

subs-Bell Gordon Keown Goss Swanson Watt Hendry