ejksjfc

Celtic v Saints, Scottish Cup February 10th

Recommended Posts

Hayes and Davidson were side by side on the halfway line at the start of the move, by the time Hayes was in our box, Davidson had strolled about four yards.

Hes really getting on my nerves lately.

We've tried to "push up, play attacking, play 4-4-2" btw, and conceded two goals in 15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I would have taken a full back off and left Kennedy on

And go more attacking?

We've lost the game, we're aswell settling for 4 than making some cringey attempt to attack them and getting ****ed by 7 or 8. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

And go more attacking?

We've lost the game, we're aswell settling for 4 than making some cringey attempt to attack them and getting ****ed by 7 or 8. 

 

If trying 3 at back I was suggesting playing a Kennedy as wing back rather than Foster. Take your point about the number of goals we could concede but that still may happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rickardo said:

And people ask why the crowds are so shite ? Wimpish performances like that do **** all to help.

I'd argue its folk who spend their weeks telling everyone and sundry how shite Saints were the previous weekend, that do the most damage, but what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SconeSaintees said:

Tell me the positives in that display???

There were none, we were thumped by a far superior team playing at the top of their game.

Doesn't mean we all have to strip naked, throw spears at the sun and demand the everyone at the club is sacrificed though. 

Maybe, just maybe, we just forget about it, move on, and try and help the player rebuild their confidence.

I'd be amazed if anyone in the league could play Celtic three times in 12 days and come out it feeling positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the talk of Gulf in cost/talent is acceptable and for St Johnstone to compete certainly needs a below performance from Celtic.

However I can not accept a non trying, work shy performance as we produced out there today, where we wanted to compete and our strengths in the past have shown we can compete at the back/midfield was shocking today.

 

 

   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Center Half said:

All the talk of Gulf in cost/talent is acceptable and for St Johnstone to compete certainly needs a below performance from Celtic.

However I can not accept a non trying, work shy performance as we produced out there today, where we wanted to compete and our strengths in the past have shown we can compete at the back/midfield was shocking today

 

I don't think that's fair. The players have no confidence and Celtic had two or three players straight on top of anyone who got the ball, no team in the country will play through that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

There were none, we were thumped by a far superior team playing at the top of their game.

Doesn't mean we all have to strip naked, throw spears at the sun and demand the everyone at the club is sacrificed though. 

Maybe, just maybe, we just forget about it, move on, and try and help the player rebuild their confidence.

I'd be amazed if anyone in the league could play Celtic three times in 12 days and come out it feeling positive.

As well as all that crap you say it doesn’t mean we have to start doing are we not allowed to “hurt” after a result like that,as that’s how I’m feeling right now,wish I had your ability to brush it under the carpet and move on as quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...