St.Johnstone v Aberdeen Saturday 23rd Feb

SaintJet

I hate starting match threads but  there is serious tardiness around these days.

Lets hope we get back to winning ways in Perth. No Zander and Mikey doubtful.

Hope we set up for taking  the games to the Dons - we can match up well them and their " Goal Machine" Cosgrove ( Willie Millar's new idol) will meet his match in the Jason the Argonaut.

I think we will win this one - lets discuss.

5 hours ago, SaintJet said:

We haven't had a decent league game to look forward to on a Saturday since before Christmas so hopefully fans will be  encouraged to come out since the weather is supposed to be decent.

True, but yer team is yer team.  Some of the apathy from Saints fans is pathetic.  Let's turn out and roar the lads on.

COYS!

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

The goal was self inflicted Callachan lost the ball Goss dived in and gave Shinnie a free shot. Thought we had the better chances just lacked finishing. My opinion on the games I have watched Foster is a weak link and his passing is atrocious. 

Don't think Callachan was even on the pitch...

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

The goal was self inflicted Callachan lost the ball Goss dived in and gave Shinnie a free shot. Thought we had the better chances just lacked finishing. My opinion on the games I have watched Foster is a weak link and his passing is atrocious. 

Think it was Kennedy that lost the ball for first goal. Not sure who lost it for the second.

Both goals almost identical. Lose good possession & give Shinnie a free shot at goal with nobody closing him down & goalie nowhere near the shot.

Goss is dross. Craig is doing nothing in midfield,

Before the break Liam was one of our best players as holding midfielder. He is poor in midfield & Goss is doing nothing to help defence.

FFS Tommy put Liam back to holding midfield & get Goss back to where he came from.

Edited by Cagey

Dreadful quality game from both sides, but Aberdeen looked far more dangerous in attack and deserved their win.

Wotherspoon and Foster's laurel and hardy routine was funny for a while, but thought to keep it going for most of the match was a bit of overkill.  Foster was brutal, one of those games, but Wotherspoon contributed zero. Players on the bench must sit wondering what's the ****ing point when he stays on the park for 71 minutes playing like that.

Liam Craig was also murder. Playing excellent centre midfield upto the break but shuffling things around hasn't helped him. When we went 2 up front he should have been hooked.

Lacking in creative/ attacking threat in the line up, with only Kennedy offering much going forward.

Careless touch by Kennedy for the first goal, and again by Swanson for the second.  Swanson had given the ball away each time he'd had it beforehand the goal, so Aberdeen should have been expecting it. Wee Danny looks very unfit and a shadow of his former self.

Thought Murray Davidson was immense today, if the rest of the team gave a f**k like he did it might have been a different story. Kerr got better as the game went on and was excellent, thought Tanser also had a mostly good game.

Kane back to his usual running and falling over and offering very little goal threat. 

We look a disjointed rabble  in possession at times, and too many players below par. Not sure what the answer is, and sadly neither does Tommy Wright.