Saints vs Livi - 9/3/19

Widge

Wow lots of interest for this one I see. 

Two teams in woeful form and have scored 4 goals in their last 8 games combined. So a high scoring game in store I suspect. 

I’ll be there, pretty sure the last time I watched a saints game at Livi, Nick McKoy played and we lost in extra time after a Liam Craig goal. Other notable games include Dave Mackay scoring a free kick against us at least once and Leigh Griffiths wonder volley to beat our long unbeaten streak. So potentially not a happy hunting ground apart from our success early in the season. 

8 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Looks like a keeper problem for the weekend - Sun reports Mark Hurst has quit to go to America:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3968871/st-johnstone-crisis-mark-hurst-quit/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1551998468

just like the old days, when there were only two subs, neither of whom was a keeper.

10 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Looks like a keeper problem for the weekend - Sun reports Mark Hurst has quit to go to America:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3968871/st-johnstone-crisis-mark-hurst-quit/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1551998468

Can't blame the guy. Don't know the reason for going to the States but the guy has spent a good few years here with the club investing time & money on him. They have renewed his contract a few times & are bound to know his capabilities but the first time there is an opportunity to take the top spot Saints bring in another keeper that the team he is with doesn't seem to rate him.

I'll be going. 

Hopefully the break's going to have the opposite effect to winter break. For what is an important game for a top-6 place, finding it hard to get worked up. Not sure what the injury situation is these days, there seems to be talk that MOH is on his way back but hard to believe that there'll be any sign of him before the split at least. Easton might be on the bench but is that exciting? Maybe just the time of year, not being able to get intested in top 6 or whatever but I'm frankly overcome with meh. 

Also Livingston's a pretty uninspiring away trip and a dull team to play against and it's almost certain to be a midfield header competition with the occasional foul and throw-in to liven things up. 

Watt Kane

Alston Davidson Craig Matty

Usual

Cammy "FFS" Bell

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Can't blame the guy. Don't know the reason for going to the States but the guy has spent a good few years here with the club investing time & money on him. They have renewed his contract a few times & are bound to know his capabilities but the first time there is an opportunity to take the top spot Saints bring in another keeper that the team he is with doesn't seem to rate him.

Can't be true. Nothing on OS.

6 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'll be going. 

Not sure what the injury situation is these days, there seems to be talk that MOH is on his way back but hard to believe that there'll be any sign of him before the split at least. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/843332/michael-ohalloran-fighting-fit-for-st-johnstone/

35 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Yeah was the same as last time we played them. No idea why they said there would not be a cash gate.

Hope the cash gate isn't "buy  tickets from their ticket office the other end from the away supporters"  when I was there for the first away game midweek the queue was ridic.

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

His girlfriend seems to live in America, so that might be the reason he left.

Can agree hes maybe disillusioned about Bell being brought in to replace him, but hes never done anything on loan to suggest hed be first choice for us, and walking out on your club, out of the blue, when the club is short on numbers, is pretty poor. Hes probably been kept on as hes cheap.

Just guessing but wonder if we'll play a back three for this. Let's us match up, and also a chance to try something different to resolve the winless run.

Gordon, Kerr and Shaughnessy at the back, Tanser and Easton either side. Muzz and Craig with Swanson ahead of them, and Kane and Kennedy up front.

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Thanks for that. Sounds hopeful, maybe he'll get a few minutes tomorrow.

Would be surprised if his first game back was on plastic. 

Random - do you think TW is likely to move away from his 'we need consistency' position? I don't think the recent issues have been down to formation. Play for 60 minutes away the way we did for most of the game against hibs and we'll beat livingston I reckon. In fact Alston in for Spoony and that's not far off our best 11, it sounds like MOH might get a run, Easton might be back and apparently Danny Swanson has turned a corner. All if buts and maybes and it might be Friday night beer talk,  but if even one of those 3 make a positive impact it should make a difference, and of course it puts pressure on places. 

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Random - do you think TW is likely to move away from his 'we need consistency' position? I don't think the recent issues have been down to formation.  

I think we matched up and played 3-5-2 in our win there earlier this season? And history shows we struggle against that formation when we go with a back four, as we're either a man down in the middle, or only have striker against three centre halves.

I like the idea of consistency, but games need taken on individually.

Edited by RandomGuy

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

His girlfriend seems to live in America, so that might be the reason he left.

Can agree hes maybe disillusioned about Bell being brought in to replace him, but hes never done anything on loan to suggest hed be first choice for us, and walking out on your club, out of the blue, when the club is short on numbers, is pretty poor. Hes probably been kept on as hes cheap.

If we are running this club employing a second pick goalie because he is cheap then we are in trouble.

If he was as bad as you say on loan & I have no reason to doubt you,why keep renewing his contract even if he was cheap.