Saints vs Livi - 9/3/19

Widge

Crap performance - plenty of effort from some players but a lack of composure, discipline and hunger saw the better team win.

Joe deserves all the flak he gets tonight - needs to be rested and Gordon given a chance. Kane did ok despite being isolated for long periods but right now Tony Watt can GTF. I'd rather see Hendry given a starting jersey.

As for midfield Swanson was a bit better but not much, Matty did ok but faded, Spoony was dragged all over the place, Muzz off the pace and Goss seemed reluctant to take the ball forward - we badly missed a Callachan/Craig to hold up the ball in the middle of the park.

Where to start?

Bell - a disaster we were all warned about. Even at 2-1 down with time in the game, he's holding on to the ball, refusing to throw and dropping the ball to is feet only to pass it out to Joe or Scott who immeditely hoof it over the midfield to nobody, or out the park. Wotherspoon - utter and absolute liability. It is disgraceful that man is on the park and that's all on Tommy. None so blind as those that refuse to see. 

We don't have strikers that cannot score. I'll wait for the replay but it looked to me that Tony had a chance on an open goal from point-blank. Can't be too hard on him to be fair as at least he got in a position and he should never, in any team, be a player that's benched for Chris Kane.

Murray Davidson looks like he's given up. And Tanser, just ****ing hell. He has one idea and he can't even do that. 

I can't be bothered to go on. That was utterly abject. A team that looks like it just couldn't care less. ****ing criminal. 

Let's be clear here. Livingston are a poor football team. They are not a team we should be losing to, under any circumstances, but especially not in that way. 

Time for Tommy to earn his contract extension and get a rocket up this rabble. We'll need 12 points as a minimum for top 6. Aye right. 

Not worth overreacting IMO. We've been through bad patches and have come through it. We will again.

The signings of Swanson and MOH were a gamble as they weren't fit and it's not paid off but I don't remember too many folk complaining when they were signed. We'll see different players next season I'd be very confident about that.

We have also been hit badly by significant injuries to Wright and Zander. It's very clear how spoiled we were when we could call on Mannus or Clark and now we're seeing just how crucial it has to have a reliable number 2 keeper. 

And for those with an itchy trigger finger in regards to Tommy's job.....be very, very careful what you wish for.

11 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Not worth overreacting IMO. We've been through bad patches and have come through it. We will again.

The signings of Swanson and MOH were a gamble as they weren't fit and it's not paid off but I don't remember too many folk complaining when they were signed. We'll see different players next season I'd be very confident about that.

We have also been hit badly by significant injuries to Wright and Zander. It's very clear how spoiled we were when we could call on Mannus or Clark and now we're seeing just how crucial it has to have a reliable number 2 keeper. 

And for those with an itchy trigger finger in regards to Tommy's job.....be very, very careful what you wish for.

# Club   W D L Goals +/- Pts
1  Celtic FC Celtic Scottish Champion 17/18Scottish cup winner  17/18 8 7 1 0 18:2 16 22
2  Motherwell FC Motherwell FC 8 6 1 1 13:6 7 19
3  Rangers FC Rangers 8 5 2 1 22:5 17 17
4  Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 8 4 1 3 13:10 3 13
5  Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 8 3 3 2 11:9 2 12
6  Heart of Midlothian FC Heart of Midl. 8 3 2 3 9:8 1 11
7  Dundee FC Dundee FC 8 2 2 4 9:15 -6 8
8  Livingston FC Livingston FC   8 2 1 5 5:11 -6 7
9  Hamilton Academical FC Hamilton Acad. 8 2 1 5 5:18 -13 7
10  Kilmarnock FC Kilmarnock FC 7 1 3 3 5:7 -2 6
11  St. Mirren FC St. Mirren Scottish First Division champion 17/18 7 1 2 4 6:16 -10 5
12  St. Johnstone FC St. Johnstone 8 1 1 6 4:13 -9 4

Form table since the winter break. But let's not over-react eh?

I'm not calling for Tommy's head but I do want him to, frankly, sort it out. 

And every team gets injuries. 

10 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

I think you are being extremely generous in your analysis.  Today was pathetic and combine that with most games in 2019, then there is undoubted concern from the majority of fans.  Tony Watt and Chris Kane have scored four goals this season.

Kane has scored one goal in over 14 hours of football this season.  McMillan's stats are actually far superior to Kane's.  Watt's miss today was a shocker.

I am not for a minute questioning our manager's position, but for goodness sake what is this obsession he has with playing Spoony each week regardless how gash he plays and you really must question the wisdom in his signing of Calamity Bell.

11 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:
# Club   W D L Goals +/- Pts
1  Celtic FC Celtic Scottish Champion 17/18Scottish cup winner  17/18 8 7 1 0 18:2 16 22
2  Motherwell FC Motherwell FC 8 6 1 1 13:6 7 19
3  Rangers FC Rangers 8 5 2 1 22:5 17 17
4  Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 8 4 1 3 13:10 3 13
5  Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 8 3 3 2 11:9 2 12
6  Heart of Midlothian FC Heart of Midl. 8 3 2 3 9:8 1 11
7  Dundee FC Dundee FC 8 2 2 4 9:15 -6 8
8  Livingston FC Livingston FC   8 2 1 5 5:11 -6 7
9  Hamilton Academical FC Hamilton Acad. 8 2 1 5 5:18 -13 7
10  Kilmarnock FC Kilmarnock FC 7 1 3 3 5:7 -2 6
11  St. Mirren FC St. Mirren Scottish First Division champion 17/18 7 1 2 4 6:16 -10 5
12  St. Johnstone FC St. Johnstone 8 1 1 6 4:13 -9 4

Form table since the winter break. But let's not over-react eh?

I'm not calling for Tommy's head but I do want him to, frankly, sort it out. 

And every team gets injuries. 

He certainly deserves the chance to sort it out. 

And I acknowledge that this is a poor run. Which we have been on before and come through. Just as we've had good runs. Every team does get injuries but ours have been to our two most significant and in form players.

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Joe deserves all the flak he gets tonight 

I'm at the stage of thinking itll be a blessing if Aberdeen sign him. He was absolutely woeful today, and cost us the game away to Hamilton. Add in the fact he seems totally uninspiring as a captain, and you wonder if we'd be much worse off if his wage ****ed off, we used Gordon and Anderson instead, and spread the wealth into other positions.

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

Crap performance - plenty of effort from some players but a lack of composure, discipline and hunger saw the better team win.

Joe deserves all the flak he gets tonight - needs to be rested and Gordon given a chance. Kane did ok despite being isolated for long periods but right now Tony Watt can GTF. I'd rather see Hendry given a starting jersey.

As for midfield Swanson was a bit better but not much, Matty did ok but faded, Spoony was dragged all over the place, Muzz off the pace and Goss seemed reluctant to take the ball forward - we badly missed a Callachan/Craig to hold up the ball in the middle of the park.

You can't be critical of Watt on here,they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

He had a decent start but that was against lowers league teams. He has done little in premiership. Missed another sitter 2 minutes from time today. There was also the one he should have just nodded home a few weeks ago.

That is about the only time he has been in a position to score.

Living off scoring a goal against Barcelona when he was a kid.

Think he should go back to playing with his PlayStation or reviewing TV shows on BBC Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

You can't be critical of Watt on here,they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

He had a decent start but that was against lowers league teams. He has done little in premiership. Missed another sitter 2 minutes from time today. There was also the one he should have just nodded home a few weeks ago.

That is about the only time he has been in a position to score.

Living off scoring a goal against Barcelona when he was a kid.

Think he should go back to playing with his PlayStation or reviewing TV shows on BBC Scotland.

I've been a fairly vocal defender of him, but hes not contributing. If hes on a hefty wage, and expecting a raise, I don't see why we'd be fighting to keep him around. Hes deluded if hes holding out for a bigger club coming in for him.

That was an inept, spineless and cowardly effort today. What promise and potential we have thrown away since December. To drop/move Liam Craig to accommodate Goss hasn’t been one of our better moves. As for persisting with Spoony, I utterly despair. Platitudes and excuses don’t work with me, look at our shots on goal since December. Horrendous.

If my perception is wrong it doesn’t matter, it’s still my perception. Only events on the field can change it.

Edited by andrew

Sometimes a team is just out of kilter, and I think this is us just now. Losing Drey was catastrophic for us he certainly made us tick. 

Just looking for the right blend... hopefully no relegation worries so Tommy should start working on a team for next year, I fear if we were ever to be relegated we’d never get back to the top league. 

I wasn’t too worried regarding defeats to Celtic and the so called bigger clubs, but alarm bells sounded when we couldn’t defeat Hamilton the other week, it is imperative we beat the teams below us... 

How did we manage a draw at Ibroke!?

Think we need to get behind our wee team, they need all the support they can get.

COYS

Cruising along again like the Hibs game in total control, then we give away a total shit goal and another after that, players then start losing any cohesion and it goes tits up.

where do I start joe the fanboy player what a fraud, no leadership, no ability, who the fcuk wants this on a free, take him please, waste of a jersey, Liam Gordon must be pissed off this imposter plays every week before him, Ando should never been allowed to leave.  Tanser never seen such a bigger shite bag on the pitch, think he is going to get tackled and just punts it, Ricky pop star hubby just moans at everyone else and adds fook all.

Midfield doing nothing, no creativity, ,Spoony, I like the guy, but wtf going on, Goss a nice luxury but that’s about it.

One up front again, against a piss poor live team, come on wright you brought in all these attackers and you shite bag every game, when our players are better you play down to opposition every game, the bollocks about chances today are bullshit, your team at not playing for you any more, too many passengers.

Tommy had a decent budget and January signings seem to have totally disjointed the whole thing, needs to sort it in the next four games, time for the cup final sentiment run out,too many underachievers or Tommy favourites in the team and let’s flannel it up as much as we want, the performances since xmas have been shit. Yep we over achieve but this has been awful since Xmas and we are heading to ninth when we could have been pushing for Europe.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

10 hours ago, rik2304 said:

He certainly deserves the chance to sort it out. 

This cliche was punted earlier in the season. And also last season. He was backed with cash in the window and failed. Team selection and approach  shows me he's lost it. The cliche has worn thin...