Widge

Saints vs Livi - 9/3/19

Recommended Posts

Tommy has been backed extremely well in the market by the club and it's time that those players started producing the goods.

He said that certain players keep making the same mistakes and not learning, well I'm afraid Tommy is in the same boat- he keeps picking those players that are letting the side down.

The gaffer is still the right man for the job, but it's time to be brave and play with attacking threat.

We have the players to turn it round. Davidson and Spoony are prime examples of players that are not as good as other options in the squad at this moment. Callaghan and Alston are better options just now, give them a regular chance to show it.

The back four were fantastic in our run of clean sheets, Craig started the season so well. Kennedy ripped teams up at points. Let's get the right formation, tactics and bodies on the pitch and we can get some results going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good points there S-DT.

Isn't it ironic that in a season where there has been good investment in the playing staff and a general consensus, by the support, that we have the best squad in years - the club can quite conceivably end up in its lowest position in the league for a number of years. 

Edited by Indicator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Indicator said:

Some good points there S-DT.

Isn't it ironic that in a season where there has been good investment in the playing staff and a general consensus, by the support, that we have the best squad in years - the club can quite conceivably end up in its lowest position in the league for a number of years. 

It's what would previously have been called a transitional spell/season. Nowadays it's a disaster and someone must pay.

I'm no psychologist but to me it suggests their confidence is shot to pieces. They start off as if they're going to end the run then as soon as they lose a goal it's 'oh God, here we go again'.

I read Thistle and Motherwell fans saying the same thing happened to them after having to play at least one of the Old Firm numerous times in a very short period and getting stuffed so it's not a unique situation. Ours has just gone on longer. We'll recover and we'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy says nobody was running into space. In the last 10 minutes of Hibs game Alston was brought on in left wing position WTF & then was moved to right . He then made 3 or 4 runs behind from passes by Swanson.

Next game is still not picked.

Think he is still our second top goal scorer on limited game time.

Is he being frozen out like Millar & Scougall before him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Tommy says nobody was running into space. In the last 10 minutes of Hibs game Alston was brought on in left wing position WTF & then was moved to right . He then made 3 or 4 runs behind from passes by Swanson.

Next game is still not picked.

Think he is still our second top goal scorer on limited game time.

Is he being frozen out like Millar & Scougall before him.

It's an interesting analysis and debate. Alston is a goal threat, Spoony a liability. 

Tony Watt and Chris Kane between them have scored a massive 4 goals all season.:cry: Can't see either being around next season, Watt away and Kane finding his level on loan in Championship.

Alston has scored that same number on his own, doesn't get a game and isn't a striker. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

It's an interesting analysis and debate. Alston is a goal threat, Spoony a liability. 

Tony Watt and Chris Kane between them have scored a massive 4 goals all season.:cry: Can't see either being around next season, Watt away and Kane finding his level on loan in Championship.

Alston has scored that same number on his own, doesn't get a game and isn't a striker. 

 

Finally someone who see Watt for what he is....a weight on the wage bill.

I said on this forum at the start of the season that he was rubbish. He is.

Watt will be gone. Sort of player, like Cillian Sheridan who just "plays football" for a living. Has a talent, gets paid for it, takes it a bit for granted, but really sees themselves as something else. Football is just "what they do".

Like being a regular job.... someone asks you what you do: "ack, am a bus driver", but you don't love it, you just do it.

Watt is like that. Don't see that he is in the game to improve and kick on. Feels like he's in it to get the pay packet, cos like a bus driver "that's his job".

Next stop, i'd say League One england or off to USA / China...one of those moves.

All up, terrible player IMO

"oh but his hold up play is good" - GTFO - that's not enough!

-oh aye, and i would be willing to say Watt is on nearly double the salary of Kane.

Edited by MySpazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Having watched the "highlights" the defending was shyte we were clueless , how many chances does watt need to score agree wae myspazz.

Ditto.

carthorse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I wasn't concerned with Watts lack of scoring, as his hold up and link play was superb.  However this has subsequently deserted him since the turn of the year.  Honestly he is not providing value for (supposed) money

3 goals in 24 matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now