WAP

I am afraid WAP is losing too many posters or disinterested posters.

It may be because there isn't much happening & all these winter/international breaks.

It may be that some may have to go to P&B but I don't like the site & to be honest there are only about 4 regular Saints posters on there as well.

Seems about the same as always to me. On all forums, you get folk who for all sorts of reasons have moved on, and seem to think that because they don’t post anymore, the forum must be dead or dying. There’s some great new regular posters. If it’s its time to die, it will. No point stressing about it.

The FB thing was apparently set up as a reaction to all the moaners on WAP. It’s now full of people moaning all the time, because in essence that’s what fan forums are for, and what they all inevitably return to.

Ask Beatson - he will have regular stats on unique users etc. If they arn’t good enough, he would presumably lose the advertising and the forum will die anyway.

It is what it is. No point worrying about it.

Dont use it as much as P and B, but only because it's a larger forum and it's easier to talk about other things like FM and that on there, prefer here for Saints chat as you dont have opposition fans constantly butting in to tell us what a shite small club we are, just seems to be a lack of posts on here though.

Dont even go near the "banter" page, and only look at Twitter for the excellent unofficial account and to see if anyone knows any transfer rumours around the windows.

Still look every lunchtime at work and post if I've something to say. I also do the prediction league every week and vote on MOM if I've seen the game.

I hope it stays around,  forums are all about people's opinions and I respect everyone's

I still read the site on a daily basis but guess I fall into the disinterested category. It's a cycle though, posters don't contribute because there isn't much being discussed but not much is being discussed because people aren't contributing. 

I can't agree with @Abernethy Saint that it's as it always was. A decade ago there would be 300 posts in match threads and 100 votes on man of the match. We aren't far away from there not being a match thread.

Why is it like this and what are the problems? Social media giving folk a platform is maybe one but other club forums still thrive. Do we have it too good and there's nothing to moan about? That's maybe valid.

Two problems for me though are the way this board works with threads, or a lack of, and the cliquey nature, which is magnified when there are fewer posters. Every forum ever has been cliquey but the lack of threads on here combined with the same sort of private stuff regularly cropping up, isn't an appealing read.

The reluctance to start new threads is also an issue in my opinion. Having one big transfer thread, that often strays off transfers, is the wrong way to work and points that could draw discussion often get missed or overlooked. Equally, searching back to find a years old thread to make a loosely related point doesn't encourage new discussion either. People shouldn't be afraid to start new threads and shouldn't be shot down for it. They can always be merged with an old thread if appropriate. 

Bit of all of the above... I still dip in & dip out.. obviously if nothing much happening you won’t generate any interest...I would hate to see it wither on the vine.

We as a wee club have much to be proud of, however, and I know this is a general sweep, but I personally think Perth folk top the league in apathy... not just in a footballing domain but in a civic way too...

I visit the site regularly (every couple of days), but don't post all that often. As has been said above i use Pie and Bovril (but never post there), but revert to WAP for the inside track on what's going on, transfer and match threads etc. Never been anywhere near the facebook banter page, as it's roaster central.

I’ve more or less stopped reading the forum due to constant iPhone spam ads that divert me away from the page, telling me I’ve won something. They’re awful. 

I get in over half of the time I try and browse the forum and surely can’t be the only one 

Nowadays real conversation is sparse on here and there aren't enough voices left to drown out the old boys club patter that derails most topics. That stops me checking frequently and definitely from contributing because there is little point. News breaks elsewhere long before it gets picked up here so the forum's value is not what it once was.

10 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’ve more or less stopped reading the forum due to constant iPhone spam ads that divert me away from the page, telling me I’ve won something. They’re awful. 

I get in over half of the time I try and browse the forum and surely can’t be the only one 

Used to happen to me, but stopped over a year ago. Is it on your phone or computer? Or both?

15 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

1. Get an adblocker on your phone.

2. If Beatson removes the ads and tells me how much the hosting is, i'll sponsor the site for three years.

3. Can do it as a business expense for running  :)  SHIRT SALE >>>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183747022981

Edited by MySpazz

Im on everyday mainly to see if there is any nuggets of information and on match days to see what the general feeling of performance was. There is nobody around here asking me how did saints do today even my polar bear buddy told me saints are shite. The forum gives me a connection to the club