WAP

23 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

A decade ago there would be 300 posts in match threads and 100 votes on man of the match. We aren't far away from there not being a match thread.

Just needs one person to start a match thread all season and the posts will follow.  Key topic for those not going to games to read post match reviews.  I enjoy reviews when Ive missed games.  

9 hours ago, sleepless said:

Living in England, I rely on WAP for info about the club. Yes, there's some idiots who tend to throw their weight about, but the Ignore button is my best friend.

Two in particular that I’ve had the dubious pleasure of encountering. People speaking from a position of ignorance.

19 hours ago, MySpazz said:

1. Get an adblocker on your phone.

2. If Beatson removes the ads and tells me how much the hosting is, i'll sponsor the site for three years.

3. Can do it as a business expense for running  :)  SHIRT SALE >>>> https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183747022981

I would also sponsor the site. Already toying with buying an advertising board at the club for my business.

I only view the site on my iPhone. 

19 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I would also sponsor the site. Already toying with buying an advertising board at the club for my business.

I only view the site on my iPhone. 

Try something like this on iPhone

https://itunes.apple.com/il/app/adblock-plus-abp-remove-ads-browse-faster-without-tracking/id1028871868?mt=8

- great place to keep connected to whats going on, im on few times a week, just on the saints chat section

- its a good core who love the club and discussion is decent when things are going on

- saints Tv has helped brings us non-locals closer to the action

- right now, im apathetic on the season, and disgruntled on how scottish football hasn't moved forward

Still browse, though possibly less than previously, and occasionally post. As others mention, the lack of others' posting means there's less discussion so less to get involved in.  Enjoy pie and bovril as match threads with other clubs fans give a bit of variety and there's more topics to browse through.  Follow both sites though.

Don't use Twitter and lasted about half an hour on the FB banter page, brutal!

We're on a shite run, but still comfortably mid table and not going to get relegated this season, and no cup runs, so in reality there's not a lot to be up or down about either way which maybe means less folk bother posting.

Think the popularity of the site went downhill when 101 got banned and then seemed to go down dramatically since the cup win. 101 had some genuinely baffling opinions but it was a great source of debate, he crossed the line with some comments and get banned unfortunately.

I don't have much free time and the performance of Saints over the last few years has kept me from attending games. Sure we are doing well but the performances have often been brutal. It has led to me only making a couple of games a season so can't really contribute to opinions on games etc.  I do try and find any relevant information and post it here when I do come across it.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:47 PM, Radford 72 said:

Having one big transfer thread, that often strays off transfers, is the wrong way to work and points that could draw discussion often get missed or overlooked.

Is it not ironic that you just posted the same thing on page 650 of a P&B thread? :laugh:

check site couple times a week, but don't post often

Live in Fife now and generally go to more away matches than home - for the better atmosphere

been to montrose, livvy, dens, QOS, Tynecastle this season and only home for aberdeen recent 2-0 defeat. Also go to Hampden for all Scotland competitive matches, but football only part of life juggling family/hills/curling commitments.

enjoy reading real match feedback...

I'm still a regular reader but don't post as much as I used to - partly due to time; partly due to not living in Scotland so not seeing as many matches as I once did.

On the subject of forum users sponsoring the site in order to get rid of the adverts - I can't speak for Jamie or his reasons, but I know from involvement with previous/other forums that there's often a reluctance to do that because you can get into situations where the people chipping money in expect different treatment.