Danny Swanson

templeofsaints

Who cares? So what, he had a wee skirmish with a bouncer, he's not the first and certainly won't be the last. There are definitely a lot worse than wee Danny to have played for Saints,  witnessed a few myself and some on here class them as legends, personally I class them as cunts.

2 hours ago, Daddycool said:

Team night out. Bouncer tries to manhandle Fellow player . Swanson tells the bouncer to calm down. Bouncer grabs Swanson by the throat Swanson reacts and defends himself. Know the real story before commenting. Or we can all believe the papers eh 

Fair enough, but remember that before you posted, the paper story was all we had heard about the incident. You obviously know Danny and have more info than the rest of us. Care to name the fellow player?

I remember another team night out which resulted in two of our players being dismissed and I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens here.

A few months back by pure coincidence I watched a documentary about the effects on  family and friends when a close friend or family member is killed by way of a crime,this programme may have been on before I saw it you may all have watched it before I did.

Anyway the Swanson’s family’s loss was the the very first case to be looked at,Danny himself contributed by interview expressing his experience,thoughts and feelings as well as how events have left himself and his family.He came across very well and it was plain to see how things have taken there toll on him.

If he has been a naughty boy and it is proven to be so I certainly would not condone his actions,but I definitely would no rush to judge a comparatively young man(he is to me)who has been through the mill in recent years,no matter the glamorous life style,loads of cash etc etc we might like to think he has none of this makes up for the loss of someone close.

Was sad to read this as I think in general he battles with his demons depression wise.

I too saw the documentary and he came across as a good soul, certainly not a thug anyway, just someone looking out for his chum.  Newspapers in general never let the truth get in the way of a good story (I have personal experience of how low the press will stoop... they don't get the tag gutter press for nothing) Even if he had squared up to a bouncer I am wondering what part of the bouncers knee he could have damaged ;-)

I think on each of his stints with Saints he's done ok for us so I don't understand folk wanting to write him off so quickly, certainly this stint he has hardly been given a chance, and anyway a team struggling isn't one I think his talents would thrive in.

14 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

Was sad to read this as I think in general he battles with his demons depression wise.

I too saw the documentary and he came across as a good soul, certainly not a thug anyway, just someone looking out for his chum.  Newspapers in general never let the truth get in the way of a good story (I have personal experience of how low the press will stoop... they don't get the tag gutter press for nothing) Even if he had squared up to a bouncer I am wondering what part of the bouncers knee he could have damaged ;-)

I think on each of his stints with Saints he's done ok for us so I don't understand folk wanting to write him off so quickly, certainly this stint he has hardly been given a chance, and anyway a team struggling isn't one I think his talents would thrive in.

Agree with this. The incident involving his friend happened when he was with us and he's been very open about his problems with mental health. The club were well aware with what they were taking on and I hope they stick with him now.

Some of the stuff on the St Johnstone banter facebook page about the club generally is awful and the stuff about Swanson is no different. Some people have been determined to write him off since he's come back and want the club to use what appears to be a relatively minor indiscretion to dispose of him. I'm sure if it was Jason Kerr who had been involved in this incident people would be screaming for leniency.

Yes he's not produced on the pitch so far but he's hardly been given a chance this season and he's shown in the past just how good a player he is in this team when he's fit and focused. He injected a bit of magic first time round and helped us into Europe and the second spell he scored about 15 goals which effectively got us over the line for another venture into Europe. It could well be that he is unable to get back to his old level but he at least deserves the chance to get there. 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saints said:

Well said.  Your 2nd paragraph is spot on, i had the phrase "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" quoted at me by a reporter I was complaining to about an inaccurate article.  I took it further but in the end it was his word against mine.

4 hours ago, Wendy Saints said:

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Agree with this. The incident involving his friend happened when he was with us and he's been very open about his problems with mental health. The club were well aware with what they were taking on and I hope they stick with him now.

Some of the stuff on the St Johnstone banter facebook page about the club generally is awful and the stuff about Swanson is no different. Some people have been determined to write him off since he's come back and want the club to use what appears to be a relatively minor indiscretion to dispose of him. I'm sure if it was Jason Kerr who had been involved in this incident people would be screaming for leniency.

Yes he's not produced on the pitch so far but he's hardly been given a chance this season and he's shown in the past just how good a player he is in this team when he's fit and focused. He injected a bit of magic first time round and helped us into Europe and the second spell he scored about 15 goals which effectively got us over the line for another venture into Europe. It could well be that he is unable to get back to his old level but he at least deserves the chance to get there. 

Agree with both of you. I'm quite surprised at how quickly Saints fans are calling on punting Swanson and O'Halloran. The same folk will be raving about them next season if they're on form and we're doing well.  If they were new players we knew nothing about and just didn't cut it then fair enough. But they're not. We know they can both offer a lot going forward.

Neither returned to us particularly fit, are playing in a struggling team, and not getting any run of games to find form. They still need to do a lot better, there's no doubt.

Yes some people can claim Saints shouldn't have re-signed them after they chose to leave, but we did and both are Saints players now. Time they got a wee bit of support and encouragement.

9 hours ago, Saline Saint said:

A few months back by pure coincidence I watched a documentary about the effects on  family and friends when a close friend or family member is killed by way of a crime,this programme may have been on before I saw it you may all have watched it before I did.

Anyway the Swanson’s family’s loss was the the very first case to be looked at,Danny himself contributed by interview expressing his experience,thoughts and feelings as well as how events have left himself and his family.He came across very well and it was plain to see how things have taken there toll on him.

If he has been a naughty boy and it is proven to be so I certainly would not condone his actions,but I definitely would no rush to judge a comparatively young man(he is to me)who has been through the mill in recent years,no matter the glamorous life style,loads of cash etc etc we might like to think he has none of this makes up for the loss of someone close.

What was the name of the doc? I'd like to watch it

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree with both of you. I'm quite surprised at how quickly Saints fans are calling on punting Swanson and O'Halloran. The same folk will be raving about them next season if they're on form and we're doing well.  If they were new players we knew nothing about and just didn't cut it then fair enough. But they're not. We know they can both offer a lot going forward.

Neither returned to us particularly fit, are playing in a struggling team, and not getting any run of games to find form. They still need to do a lot better, there's no doubt.

Yes some people can claim Saints shouldn't have re-signed them after they chose to leave, but we did and both are Saints players now. Time they got a wee bit of support and encouragement.

I have no doubt I'll be proved wrong within minutes, but it seems to me that Danny has had a lot more game time than MOH this year, and every single time I've seen him play I've been disappointed (wasn't at the Hibs game but I think that's the only one). And as has been shown elsewhere he seems to be some sort of bad ju-ju. (joking, obviously). 

MOH on the other hand seems to be slowly getting better each game. 

The players that seem to be most contentious among fans lately have been Danny (think he's had enough time but willing to give him till the end of the season as I want to be proved wrong), Tony Watt (still think he's too good to let go), Murray (sorry, but surely he's done), Wotherspoon (liability) and Joe (I'm with the opinion that we should be starting Liam Gordon). 

Midfield for will continue to be hellish until we get a baller in the middle. 

8 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I have no doubt I'll be proved wrong within minutes, but it seems to me that Danny has had a lot more game time than MOH this year.

Transfermarkt figures, which can be wrong sometimes, has it...

Swanson - 631 minutes

O'Halloran - 284 minutes

For reference, Drey Wright managed 1,615 minutes.