Danny Swanson

templeofsaints

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Transfermarkt figures, which can be wrong sometimes, has it...

Swanson - 631 minutes

O'Halloran - 284 minutes

For reference, Drey Wright managed 1,615 minutes.

Thanks. That's a lot of time for Danny to not be showing any real signs of improvement IMO (admittedly with a lot of late subs). 

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Thanks. That's a lot of time for Danny to not be showing any real signs of improvement IMO (admittedly with a lot of late subs). 

631 minutes is barely 7 full matches. We know from experience that he needs a run in the team to get himself up to speed both in terms of fitness, first touch and confidence.

He's had 5 starts since coming back to us. 3 of them have been against Celtic. He's only started two games in a row once and both of those were against Celtic. 

I suppose the good thing about being in no mans land for the rest of the season is we can give MOH and Swanson a proper run in the team. MOH needs to get his fitness up and Swanson probably needs to confidence the support (and probably the manager) that he still has something to offer us on the pitch for next season. He wont be a cheap player for Saints so if he shows nothing between now and the end of the season, that may change things.

I'll wait until the full details are made public before commenting. There is always two sides to these stories. 

Regarding Swanson - we're basically bottom six now and with a healthy cushion on the teams below us. We should absolutely be using the next 7 games to get Mikey and Swanson back firing. These guys have all the talent in the world. Tommy needs to figure out how to get them playing. I'm not that bothered about results now - he can be as experimental as he wants. Lets make sure we find out what works for next season. 

17 minutes ago, Broon said:

I'll wait until the full details are made public before commenting. There is always two sides to these stories. 

Regarding Swanson - we're basically bottom six now and with a healthy cushion on the teams below us. We should absolutely be using the next 7 games to get Mikey and Swanson back firing. These guys have all the talent in the world. Tommy needs to figure out how to get them playing. I'm not that bothered about results now - he can be as experimental as he wants. Lets make sure we find out what works for next season. 

Aye

3 hours ago, slf said:

Aye

Yes I absolutely agree we should give him until the end of the season and play him as much as possible. For me it's commercial, we have an expensive asset and as yet the return on investment is not proven. If he can get 12 game's worth of time under his belt and is still poor, then it's time to cut the losses. I would dearly love to be wrong. 

MOH, on much less game time, has to me shown some evidence that there's still a player in there and he's coming back from a hamstring. I'm not even sure that if he starts all the games between now and the end of the season that will be enough to form a view, but I'll be happy just to see the standard of performance continue to improve. 

5 hours ago, Broon said:

I am bothered about results. Firstly I don't like to see us get beat. Second ,every position is I believe is worth over £100 grand so between 7th & 10th can pay a few wages or signing on fees.

Can't see why Mikey & Danny can be on big wages as I don't think there were too many big spenders willing to sign them.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

I am bothered about results. Firstly I don't like to see us get beat. Second ,every position is I believe is worth over £100 grand so between 7th & 10th can pay a few wages or signing on fees.

Can't see why Mikey & Danny can be on big wages as I don't think there were too many big spenders willing to sign them.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't want us to be shitfesting 1-0 results and playing for time in the corner in the 85th min. Let's go and try and get back to trying to play football.

• 6 months later...

Article in Record by Danny talking about his problems after his mate was killed. More or less saying he couldn't be bothered & wasn't training properly. Reckons he was suffering from grieve.

Think we could all see he didn't look interested but hopefully after the last few games he looks like he has got his mojo back.