St.Johnstone V Dundee - Wednesday 3rd April

SaintJet

Putting my 100% fail record for starting threads at risk here but not much I fancy.

Dundee are desperate and will bring a big following through so the away team will be buoyed by that if nothing else. Their defense is pretty rubbish so if ever we wanted to put a nail in their coffin now is the time.

TW is clearly unhappy with the form and effort from some of our players so it will be all changed again.   I think Liam Gordon should start and I'm hoping we start Kane and Watt up front and take the game to Dundee - we having nothing but respect top play for but I'm sure the team will be reminded what this game means to the fans.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I think it will be the smallest Dundee crowd for years to be honest. Complete apathy from both sets of fans for this and they seem resigned to their fate with McIntyre in charge. Lucky to break the 4k mark I reckon. 

I can understand your thinking and on Monday that would have been the mindset from Dundee but when match day arrives and the magnitude of the game for them dawns the short hop to Perth you would think will attract them.  

Nothing to lose Tommy, baws oot and entertain. Time to see if a few fringe lads can step up, and give Swanson and MOH the chance to find form.

Clark

Foster Gordon Kerr Tanser

O'Halloran Callachan Craig Swanson

Kane Kennedy

Resident ITKer perthsaint has said we're playing 4-4-2 for this. 

Hopefully means Kane and Watt up front, think they could both benefit from a partner up front.

Midfield will make or break us. Wotherspoon is perfect on the left as it allows a more attacking right winger, but we dont have that option. No idea who'll be in there, he seemed raging so could make an argument for dropping anyone, certainly can't see Goss starting though.

Both St Mirrens goals at the weekend came from an unmarked man 8 yards out. That's what we need to exploit.

Feeling hopeful we see a reaction from Saturday. If I was to pick the lineup I'd go with:

Clark

O'Halloran Davidson Craig Kennedy

Swanson

Kane

OR (if there is any hope or desire in keeping Watt)

Clark

O'Halloran Davidson Craig Swanson

Watt Kennedy

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Hendry injured too? Hes been out with a groin strain and official preview quotes TW saying nobody will be back from injury before the split

From what I've heard Hendry will start.  Watt is definitely out along with Spoony.

Joe and Kerr will start at the back.   I'd expect Craig to be in the middle. Kennedy out left with O'Halloran possibly right. 

33 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

From what I've heard Hendry will start.  Watt is definitely out along with Spoony.

Joe and Kerr will start at the back.   I'd expect Craig to be in the middle. Kennedy out left with O'Halloran possibly right. 

Fair dues, wasnt sure about Hendrys situation tbh.

He probably deserves a run tbh.