Kilmarnock V St.Johnstone - Saturday 6th April

SaintJet

So on the back of nice win we go to Killie who have been excellent all year and will be a stern test. We opened the season here back in August and alarm bells were ringing with our performance but we steadied the ship.

Outside of Celtic Kilmarnock are the best team I've seen at McDairmid and we played well to share an entertaining 0-0 draw in October in Perth.

Still hope we might put out the same starting team as Wednesday and go at them with the same tempo we showed early on Wednesday.

Having watched the team for a number of games I feel I can now offer an opinion. I would play 4:3:3 the formation we finished with against Dundee. Two midfield players need to sit and offer cover to the back four. Four attacking players is more than enough, we got caught out a number of times against Dundee on the counter.  

KIlmarnock.png.498cc303bc24d6eeafa1244c11b64013.png

Edited by Johnny B

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Having watched the team for a number of games I feel I can now offer an opinion. I would play 4:3:3 the formation we finished with against Dundee. Two midfield players need to sit and offer cover to the back four. Four attacking players is more than enough, we got caught out a number of times against Dundee on the counter.  

KIlmarnock.png.498cc303bc24d6eeafa1244c11b64013.png

I'd rather not see Goss there, tbh. Hes not going to be here next season and has made the team worse every time hes played. Hes clearly a good footballer, but he just doesn't fit in.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

@RandomGuy I understand why you would not play Goss in this formation who would you play? 

Alston is probably the best fit, as he provides an attacking threat, but Davidson would still be preferable to Goss.

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Not seen anything to even suggest Goss is a good footballer.

Hes good on the ball, for the most part, but that's it's really.

Being pretty simplistic about it it, the best we've played since December was against Dundee on Wednesday (or maybe the Rangers 0-0). The difference was energy and some fight. We really need that tomorrow so for that reason alone Goss doesn't even make the bench never mind starting. 

Last time we played them at RP it was the midfield, Jones and Stewart that made the difference. The former won't be played and they don't have the latter. Let Matty run at O'Donnell, and Kerr/Joe/Gordon should be able to deal with Brophy and Burke, who are good players tbf.

If Power and Dicker are on the park, we dont' have anything to compete in that space. Unless we can clone Liam Craig and play 4 of him. Best we can do is get Callaghan in there and hope his physicality and chaos factor can cause some upset. 

Christ, I've just talked myself into a back 5 and a shitfest draw.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

8 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Being pretty simplistic about it it, the best we've played since December was against Dundee on Wednesday (or maybe the Rangers 0-0). The difference was energy and some fight. We really need that tomorrow so for that reason alone Goss doesn't even make the bench never mind starting. 

Last time we played them at RP it was the midfield, Jones and Stewart that made the difference. The former won't be played and they don't have the latter. Let Matty run at O'Donnell, and Kerr/Joe/Gordon should be able to deal with Brophy and Burke, who are good players tbf.

If Power and Dicker are on the park, we dont' have anything to compete in that space. Unless we can clone Liam Craig and play 4 of him. Best we can do is get Callaghan in there and hope his physicality and chaos factor can cause some upset. 

Christ, I've just talked myself into a back 5 and a shitfest draw.

Brophy is out aswell, apparently.