Kilmarnock V St.Johnstone - Saturday 6th April

SaintJet

2 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I know we had to change things but a bit risky putting on all three subs when an injury can send us down to 10 men.

I think hes completely lost patience with this squad.

Wouldnt be surprised if more contracted players than we'd expect are allowed to leave this Summer.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Three subs at half time. 

Tanser, O'Halloran and Hendry off. Gordon, Alston and Swanson on.

Foster at left back, Joe right, and Gordon/Kerr central.

Tommy must have lost the plot. He barely ever used all 3 & rarely subbed before 70th minute.

Why are these players so shite when they were decent til winter break , or was it all down to Drey Wright.

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Tommy must have lost the plot. He barely ever used all 3 & rarely subbed before 70th minute.

Why are these players so shite when they were decent til winter break , or was it all down to Drey Wright.

Not sure whats happened. Maybe too many players who have come in during the good times and dont realise how much of an achievement finishing top half has been, so they assume simply being competitive with the majority of teams is just a matter of fact and not something that needs earned. Would tie in with TWs comments about players who "think they've arrived in the game" just last week.

No matter what happens, Anderson needs to remain at the club next season, I've no doubt he's been missed as an influence there. The players are left looking at Shaughnessy, whos been one of the worst performers and clearly wants away, as the captain. Davidson and Craig in there too but both have found themselves dropped at different stages for their own poor performances.

Just my opinion of course.

Well that was a pretty poor 90 minutes made worse by the fact that I had ghostie sitting 3 rows behind me giving a running commentary.

The chances of saints stringing 3 or 4 passes together today was about as unlikely as ghostie stringing 4 words together without a f****** in it.

Glad to see Tommy try and change things at half time not sure there wasn't a bug or injuries as the 3 players taken off all looked off the pace. But a stupid decision by  Kerr to man handle the killie player on half way line was only ever going to end in a red.

Poor from Saints - midfield never got going and in Kennedy and Mikey we had wingers that didn't get too far forward. Defence was doing ok but lost a soft og and then a daft penalty - the mood Madden was in the home team were getting the benefit of all the decisions - e.g. the booking for Hendry which all but nullified him. At least we had Zander to keep things respectable even though he could barely stand.

Kerr's 2nd booking was daft - no complaints there. At least Gordon got some game time. Alston did ok until he had to drop back to right-back but Swanson was again guilty of wasting the ball too often. I really fear for his chances in the squad never mind the first team once we have the likes of Watt and Wright back.

Killie are a team brimming with confidence and it showed - between that and the pitch we were up against it. Hopefully the next fortnight can act as an arse-kicking period so we at least finish the season with some entertainment.

52 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do you know it was all tactical and not illness or injury?? 

Hendry on a booking was understandable and Mikey lacking sharpness as well but Tanser looked fine. When the subs came on I thought we were going to go 3 at the back but Foster went to LB and Joe to RB so possibly an injury to Tanser. But it seems risky if you've got players injured etc that you also make tactical subs at the same time - especially with 45 to go.

Didn't go today. Second away game missed in a row. Well done to the 156. 

I did watch it on Saints telly though. 

As far as I could understand the Tanser pull had to be tactical to change the shape, as I really don't think he was the most deserving victim. 

Was quite happy with the selection today to be honest. Nothing in the performance changes the views I've had for months. It's broken record time but Kane is a championship striker, Swanson can simply GTF and car share there with Joe, and we need better quality in centre mid. 

If we end up 7th, that's probably OK for this year. Some positives are that we can hopefully win a few of the last 5 and if the 3 points we handed to Killie today help them to 3rd, or even 2nd, then that's OK too.