Why can't we equalize?

The Kinross Saint

I've been reading this forum for a long time without making much of a contribution so I've decided to get involved!

Something I've noticed recently, this season especially, is our lack of ability to equalize when we go behind. We've fallen behind in 13 games this season in the league, and have managed to take 1 point from these games. We've only scored a leveler 3 times this season, against Hearts twice in Perth and once away at Hamilton recently. 

So why do we struggle to get ourselves back on level terms? Are we just set up in a way in which the first goal is crucial?

1 hour ago, The Kinross Saint said:

I've been reading this forum for a long time without making much of a contribution so I've decided to get involved!

Something I've noticed recently, this season especially, is our lack of ability to equalize when we go behind. We've fallen behind in 13 games this season in the league, and have managed to take 1 point from these games. We've only scored a leveler 3 times this season, against Hearts twice in Perth and once away at Hamilton recently. 

So why do we struggle to get ourselves back on level terms? Are we just set up in a way in which the first goal is crucial?

Seems to be the mindset of most teams nowadays that the first goal is crucial and if you get it you have to work your socks off to keep the lead. We are far too pragmatic in our set up to open up. Our most emphatic win this year has been 2-0!