St Mirren v Saints Saturday 27 April League Game 35

garydavidson

Not sure I agree with the people criticising the goalkeeper/both CBs, for the goal, it's just a wonder striker, nothing more.

We weren't great, but it felt like more of a poor St Johnstone performance than some we've seen away from home since January, if that makes sense.

O'Halloran really poor, but feel like he just needs a spark to get going, although I've thought that about Swanson all season.

Not sure why Tommy didn't go with the same team as against Dundee. Hendry had no support at all but still did a decent job. Two centre backs look good & hopefully both here next season. I think Gordon is better than Kerr but is too early tell.

O'Halloran was poor . Wotherspoon was Wotherspoon & Swanson came on & did nothing.

Defence getting the blame for goal but St Mirren were allowed to take a throw to the goalie with no one within 15 yards & maybe the defensive midfielders shouldn't have given the striker so much room.

Gordon MoM for me with Kennedy close second.

14 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Can see Danny going out on loan to mid to lower Championship next season.

Not sure if Danny would go for that or if he would be wanted.

I think we should be looking to off load him , O'Halloran, McMillan & probably Wotherspoon either by pay off or asking them to find new clubs.

15 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Can see Danny going out on loan to mid to lower Championship next season.

I am of the opposite opinion 

I can see him being a first team regular with a good pre season behind him

Thats what I think Tommy will be thinking as well. 

42 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Not sure if Danny would go for that or if he would be wanted.

I think we should be looking to off load him , O'Halloran, McMillan & probably Wotherspoon either by pay off or asking them to find new clubs.

We’ve just given O’Halloran and Wotherspoon 2 year deals not a chance they’ll be punted. Both are absolutely fine at this level, in fact an O’Halloran who finds some form (which will only come from games) is electric at times. Wotherspoon did nothing wrong on Saturday, actually looked for the ball and didn’t give it away yet you’re still criticising him, what chance does the guy have when fans are on his back even if he didn’t do anything wrong?

As for the comment about Gordon being better than Kerr, that’s laughable. Ones played approaching 50 games for saints in a season and a half and is arguably our best player. The other whilst a good player, definitely isn’t being talked about for 7 figure moves. 

I’m also happy to have Swanson in the squad. The last few games he’s actually shown a willingness to get involved and try and do something. Bringing him on 1-0 up and defending a slim lead is never going to highlight his quality. 

On 4/27/2019 at 11:04 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

Lauders Bar closed down.

Brekkie in Spoons. Argyle St. prior to choo choo from Central.

C.o.y.s.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:43 PM, sixties saintee said:

Aye heard you were coming.

Sorry to disappoint you old bean .

In March there was a fire in Victoria's night club ( next door ) which has now been demolished .

Fire fighters took 3 days to totally extinguish flames.

Anyhoo, had a Braw day oot.

Pity 2 points were conceded in the 90th Minute.

C.o.y.s. 

21 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Sorry to disappoint you old bean .

In March there was a fire in Victoria's night club ( next door ) which has now been demolished .

Fire fighters took 3 days to totally extinguish flames.

Anyhoo, had a Braw day oot.

Pity 2 points were conceded in the 90th Minute.

C.o.y.s. 

Good to hear mate.