Zander Clark

McDiarmid Mole

Saints are having real problems getting an extension sorted for Zander and Rangers have asked his agent (Jackie McNamara) to be kept informed on the situation.

Talks have been ongoing for months but Saints are struggling to get much out of McNamara. A couple of times Saints have thought a deal is close but then nothing gets signed. 

Could really do with getting it sorted. 

30 minutes ago, Widge said:

May be true, but why would Clark move? He’s going to go back to being a number 2 behind McGregor who’s been Rangers best player arguably this season. He’ll play for at least another few seasons. 

He would get in Scotland team even as Rangers No 2.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

May be true, but why would Clark move? He’s going to go back to being a number 2 behind McGregor who’s been Rangers best player arguably this season. He’ll play for at least another few seasons. 

Zander is from Glasgow is he not? I imagine the travel to and from work every day gets a bit boring. McGregor doesn't have too much left in the tank, great keeper and hardly ever at fault but packing in Scotland to concentrate on club football does show he has his concerns about longevity. He will have seen the chance Bain got at Celtic and maybe think the gamble is worth it.

Whether Mr Brown holds out for the right price is another matter.

Seems a valid story. It will give him something to think about. First team keeper in a season or two and international games would be a real possibility. But so would warming the bench for 4 seasons before fading away when they sign another 1st team keeper when McGregor hangs up the gloves. 

More concerned about us though. We had the luxury of Mannus and Clarke, both proper keepers. We lose Zander and we have to sign from the market which gives me little confidence. 

Love ZC, would hate to see him go and warm the bench at a vile club like Sevco. Money from an English champ side would be good and just might get us a fair replacement. 

If Zander were to go to THE THE then Kelly at Livingston would be a good shout.  Even if Zander stays Kelly would be good to have 2 first choice keepers again.  Read he has a £50K release clause in his contract.......so the difference in prize money between 7th and 8th pays for him.

Like all good prospects at Saints it was/is only a matter of time!

However, look no further than Mikey?! Is it a chance worth taking? I suspect he would? 

I was sad to see Mannus go, and now I believe Clark is more of an all rounder, my point is, no player is bigger than the club...Players move on and the space is soon filled... I think we will get another season or two out of him, Saints would be mugs to give him away for nothing! 

32 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

If Zander were to go to THE THE then Kelly at Livingston would be a good shout.  Even if Zander stays Kelly would be good to have 2 first choice keepers again.  Read he has a £50K release clause in his contract.......so the difference in prize money between 7th and 8th pays for him.

I think Kelly is destined for bigger club .

Interesting to see who is top keeper on Saturday.

9 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Was in the news yesterday they've offered him a new deal, assume it would increase the fee needed 

On 5/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, McDiarmid Mole said:

Saints are having real problems getting an extension sorted for Zander and Rangers have asked his agent (Jackie McNamara) to be kept informed on the situation.

Talks have been ongoing for months but Saints are struggling to get much out of McNamara. A couple of times Saints have thought a deal is close but then nothing gets signed. 

Could really do with getting it sorted. 

Would he really want to head to Rangers and be number 2 again. Just looking at Michael O'Halloran and how a move there stalled his carear. 

Does not surprise me that he is a possible target for clubs and confirms something I heard on Saturday at the game.

10 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Was there not mention of Celtic being interested? 

I think it will either be one of the top six sides or down south, no chance he would come to Saints.

Guest ScottMann

Oh well that's him 100% away to them then. :roll:

Leaked story of a bid coming in soon...the same old, same old no matter which club's at Ibrox.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:51 AM, ScottMann said:

Oh well that's him 100% away to them then. :roll:

Leaked story of a bid coming in soon...the same old, same old no matter which club's at Ibrox.

He will get an express route ,shoe in ,picked for Scotland  now.

pity Scotland are shite mind.

Expected Zander to get slaughtered on Sportscene but the goal didn't look as bad as it did at the game. Gordon should probably have made contact with the ball & it took dip after passing Gordon. Goalie should have probably saved it though.

Halkett could probably try that another 99 times & not go even near the goal & he was more surprised than anyone.

Let's give goalie benefit of the doubt & put it down as a fluke.

How much would we sell Zander Clark for? 

I believe that a top half championship club are ready to make an offer.

£800,000-£900,000 is likely

£1 million plus MEGA sell on/Scotland cap clauses would be good.

£2 million is what he is worth.

£3 million is what other clubs would get.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz