Stjohnstone v Motherwell 11 th may

slf

25 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Wotherspoon in the middle. Don't mind him wide left but he contributes nothing in the middle.

19 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

'sake.

What the **** does Spoony have on Tommy?

4 games undefeated and a fairly consistent team, so why not bring back a perennial underperformer and start him right away after injury, bang in the middle of the midfield. 

Christ

I wouldn't be certain hes starting central, that graphic they put out has been wrong before.

Could well be Wotherspoon left and Kennedy central.

If win today we'll have more points than Hearts. If we win next week as well and Hibs lose both their games we'll also have more points than them.

I hate the split, so often at the end of the season the table looks ridiculous 

Up there with one our best performances of the season. Davidson was incredible, harking back to his performances that seen him called up to the Scotland squad. He had everything, including a finely taken goal.

Spoony and Craig also had fine games. You can't deny that when Spoony plays wide we play better football. He works so well with whichever fullback he plays with. Two fingers to the twats in the stand that are on his back constantly. Good player.

No failures at the back either with a special mention to Tanser who was class again.

Strikers worked hard and caused problems. Kane should have had a few goals again, his finishing is poor. He's a nuisance though.

Well played Saints.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Surprised how well MOH up front worked, was linking play well and obviously got his assist.

Davidson and Craig strolled that, a shame we broke them up to fit Goss in earlier this year.

not going to say he's back to his best, but today he hit another level from earlier performances

We ran Well into the ground. They were knackered at the end.

Mikey & Kane ran them ragged.If Kane could score he would not be with us. He won a pen with his strength & pace . He rag dolled them all day. Mikey pace is unreal ,just wish the coaches would get him to get his head up & find a pass.

Having said all the main reason we won was Muzz. Even after a booking for nothing after 15 mins he won every challenge & scored the deciding goal . What a player and some thought he was finished.

Must be due a well deserved testimonial.

Best performance from Murray in a long time. Don't particularly like Tanser as a defender, but he did very well all game against Cadden. 

Motherwell were surprisingly poor with Turnbull coming very deep a lot of the time and they never really threatened that much.

Only a couple of points....Wotherspoon works hard, but his decision making isn't the best. We seemed to aim the Clark kicks to MOH to try and head onto Kane....surely they should work that the other way around.

14 minutes ago, Broon said:

Up there with one our best performances of the season. Davidson was incredible, harking back to his performances that seen him called up to the Scotland squad. He had everything, including a finely taken goal.

Spoony and Craig also had fine games. You can't deny that when Spoony plays wide we play better football. He works so well with whichever fullback he plays with. Two fingers to the twats in the stand that are on his back constantly. Good player.

No failures at the back either with a special mention to Tanser who was class again.

Strikers worked hard and caused problems. Kane should have had a few goals again, his finishing is poor. He's a nuisance though.

Well played Saints.

Sorry Broon, I must be a 't***' then. He was good in parts but he makes far too many mistakes, can't be relied on defensively and is inconsistent with his touch and passing. Kane, and him, stood out like sore thumbs today as being players in the team that are simply not good enough. The better the rest of the team plays, the more it shows him up. For both of them you can't fault their effort but they just aren't the quality of others in the squad. Without sounding like a broken record Kane is a Championship level striker, being a nuisance isn't nearly enough if we want top 6.

Standouts for me were Tanser, Kerr, Gordon, MOH, Davidson and Craig. Foster had a good game too. 

All in all it was a pretty satisfying last home game, although until the penalty it could have gone either way. Motherwell seemed to crumble a bit going down a goal. Also good to see us getting a second, something we've been pretty poor at this year, and it was a lovely goal.

Before the game, when I was walking to McDairmid along Rannoch Road, opposite the shops, a group of 5 or 6 Saints young lads (assume they were Saints anyway) attacked 4 young Well boys. It started before the shops with the usual posturing, one of the Saints lads seemed to be suggesting he had 'something' in his pocket. This wasn't an organised fight, the Well boys didn't seem up for it and as far as I could tell they just wanted to get to the ground. When it kicked off again it was behind me, was over quick, and the Saints boys ran away into Letham. Looked like of the Motherwell guys took a few punches but was OK. Utterly disgraceful stuff, there were kids around. Cowardly too as the Well boys were just jumped. Hope they get done. 

3 hours ago, cristo said:

If win today we'll have more points than Hearts. If we win next week as well and Hibs lose both their games we'll also have more points than them.

I hate the split, so often at the end of the season the table looks ridiculous 

I doubt if we would have got 8 points against top 6 teams.

41 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Sorry Broon, I must be a 't***' then. He was good in parts but he makes far too many mistakes, can't be relied on defensively and is inconsistent with his touch and passing. 

Spoony makes mistakes because unlike the rest of our team he tries to pass the round thing rather than scud it as hard as he can. He's a quality player who when played in his correct position is one of out best players. He tackles well, has great feet and always works well with our fullbacks in wide areas. Where he's totally underrated is his assists. Statistically he's season after season our most creative player. Today, he slipped Davidson in for a chance and put one right on Kane's head. He also put two other fantastic balls in that could easily have ended in goals.

Granted, he's not a central midfielder and I share every fans frustrations when he plays there.  However to say he's not good enough for us in my opinion is nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Broon said:

Spoony makes mistakes because unlike the rest of our team he tries to pass the round thing rather than scud it as hard as he can. He's a quality player who when played in his correct position is one of out best players. He tackles well, has great feet and always works well with our fullbacks in wide areas. Where he's totally underrated is his assists. Statistically he's season after season our most creative player. Today, he slipped Davidson in for a chance and put one right on Kane's head. He also put two other fantastic balls in that could easily have ended in goals.

Granted, he's not a central midfielder and I share every fans frustrations when he plays there.  However to say he's not good enough for us in my opinion is nonsense.

Statistically, our most creative players in terms of "chances created" over the past two seasons has been Ricky Foster, with Scott Tanser just behind...

4 minutes ago, Broon said:

Fair enough, I guess we disagree. I just don't see that he tackles well - the opposite in fact I think he lets a lot go past him and he's easily turned. I don't think he has great feet either. His touch is inconsistent. 

I will concede that he never hides and is always asking for the ball, which is admirable. But he's nowhere near the player that Kennedy, Wright or an in-form O'Halloran is. He's not some creative flair genius that's playing in a team of hoofers so his delicate mastery of the game is under-rated. I've tried to see the good in him - I really have - I just have that sinking feeling when he gets caught in possession again, when he runs it into touch again or another cross fails to get past first man. 

But everyone sees a different game and today was a good result, so we can all be happy with that. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Statistically, our most creative players in terms of "chances created" over the past two seasons has been Ricky Foster, with Scott Tanser just behind...

And I think Matty Kennedy leads crosses into the box (I think someone on The Terrace said he had the best number for this in the division).