Hamilton v St Johnstone 18 May 2019

sleepless

14 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

No shots on target.....and not for the first time this season.  Pretty embarrassing stuff 

We had a Spoony shot cleared off the line. That was on target. 

To be fair, he also had 3 or 4 other good efforts on goal so at least one of them was trying. 

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

An incredible over reaction on here based on losing an absolutely nothing game, against a team scrapping for their lives.

Random . The voice of reason. That's a new one.

A nothing game ?. There was pride at stake. I assume a win bonus & most of all another team who if we were in their position we would expect the other team to contest the game.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

An incredible over reaction on here based on losing an absolutely nothing game, against a team scrapping for their lives.

I think in isolation that would he fine but that was an identical performance to the last game at New Douglas Park (or whatever it's called this week). Just like last time both centre halves were absolutely murder and we got overran in midfield. Aside from Foster and Spoony combining up the right a few times the away fans were given nothing to cheer about. 

Maybe an unpopular opinion but we would do worse than someone like Oakely or Davies in our squad to allow us to change things. They won absolutely everything in the air for the second time against us and made our defenders look poor. If we bring in two strikers I'd like one of them to be good in the air.

Edited by Broon

Well we can probably expect more of the same next season, Tommy said on the radio that the team only needs a small tweak in the Summer and that they need a new striker.

How we weren't in the relegation battle after a lot of terrible performances this year I don't know. Thank goodness Accies, St Mirren and Dundee were even worse but yet we drop points to Accies again. 

Hate when we hear it was another good season, certainly wasn't and the table positions really flatter us.

I thought Saints worked the ball into really good areas repeatedly but the final ball was atrocious. For me, it was nothing like the performance in February in that sense. We must've had a dozen really good opportunities but lacked the quality in the final ball. 

The two young centre backs maybe do need to improve on dealing with teams that attack in that manner but they are young players who hopefully will learn.

No interest in seeing us become a team that just shell the ball forward at the first opportunity. A long way to go but the manager is building a new team and hopefully there will be further improvement next season.