Season Tickets

Cagey

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Have the prices gone up??

These were this seasons prices so the answer is there is a price increase.

2018/19 Season Ticket Prices
  • MAIN STAND. Executive Padded £385. Adult £355. Senior Citizen* £215. ...
  • EAST STAND. Adult £320. Senior Citizen* £180. Student in FTE £90 (per half season) ...
  • ORMOND STAND. Adult (must be accompanied by at least one child aged 12 and under) £255. Senior Citizen* (must be accompanied by at least one child aged 12 and under) £155.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

These were this seasons prices so the answer is there is a price increase.

2018/19 Season Ticket Prices
  • MAIN STAND. Executive Padded £385. Adult £355. Senior Citizen* £215. ...
  • EAST STAND. Adult £320. Senior Citizen* £180. Student in FTE £90 (per half season) ...
  • ORMOND STAND. Adult (must be accompanied by at least one child aged 12 and under) £255. Senior Citizen* (must be accompanied by at least one child aged 12 and under) £155.

10 pound a year increase is hardly a massive increase but I do find it strange that they have got rid of the cup top up.

9 minutes ago, mainstand said:

10 pound a year increase is hardly a massive increase but I do find it strange that they have got rid of the cup top up.

Wasn't going to get top up this season anyway. Over the last 3 or 4 years I am out of pocket.

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Shocked no one has mentioned the addition of online ticket sales!!!

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/season-ticket-eticketing-2019-2020

Whatever next? 

Contactless and apple pay? hahahahahahahahahaha

But seriously I wonder if there is the case to change to that system along with automatic entry through a turnstile via an eticket, your saving the cost of turnstile operators(slight offset cost with the new system, 1 operator for problems)

1 hour ago, perthandproud said:

But seriously I wonder if there is the case to change to that system along with automatic entry through a turnstile via an eticket, your saving the cost of turnstile operators(slight offset cost with the new system, 1 operator for problems)

I wonder how much the teams lose with auto entry systems. I bet they have more penmsioners and concessions going through the gates than other teams :wink:

1 hour ago, perthandproud said:

You didn't read the article did you? :laugh:

22 hours ago, garydavidson said:

You didn't read the article did you? :laugh:

I sure did

"When you arrive at the stadium for a match your card will be scanned by the turnstile operator to give you access to your chosen stand. If you present your card at the wrong stand, entry will not be permitted."

I was wondering if they could have went fully automatic, I've no idea if its feasible or not but as mainstand pointed out how would you stop concessions going through it. Although i guess you could have a manned turnstile for that situation.

37 minutes ago, perthandproud said:

I sure did

"When you arrive at the stadium for a match your card will be scanned by the turnstile operator to give you access to your chosen stand. If you present your card at the wrong stand, entry will not be permitted."

I was wondering if they could have went fully automatic, I've no idea if its feasible or not but as mainstand pointed out how would you stop concessions going through it. Although i guess you could have a manned turnstile for that situation.

I don't think there is, or ever will be, such a thing as full automation for this sort of thing as it isn't full proof enough. At Parkhead, where I first noticed it, they have a security guard at each gate helping out.  Tesco et all still use staff in the automated areas as there are always issues or assistance required.

I think this first step will certainly lead onto the model used by Celtic but it is easily abused. Not sure if you lose more money from having someone checking tickets than you do from an automated system which is open to fraudulent use? 

I took an Aussie visitor to the game on Saturday who was completely amazed that cash was still the only means of getting in in the 21st Century.  I've got so used to going to Tesco to take out cash to pay for a ticket I hadn't stopped to notice that there are very few if any forms of entertainment which make it such a challenge to access.

Our family deal is incredible when you compare it to other clubs. A family of four, with two adults and two children of 10 years old, who want to sit in the prime position of the halfway line, would be £650.

Hearts...Screenshot_20190516-182852_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7e99a302195f82e665d34ace8f809b44.jpg

...halfway line is £1220, or a £810.

5 hours ago, Pink said:

I took an Aussie visitor to the game on Saturday who was completely amazed that cash was still the only means of getting in in the 21st Century.  I've got so used to going to Tesco to take out cash to pay for a ticket I hadn't stopped to notice that there are very few if any forms of entertainment which make it such a challenge to access.

Did he feel he had been entertained?

I agree with him though. I've hardly ever carried cash for years. Still pisses me off I can't even buy a pie at McDairmid. It really is stone age. 

Letting people use contactless would speed up the queues too.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Our family deal is incredible when you compare it to other clubs. A family of four, with two adults and two children of 10 years old, who want to sit in the prime position of the halfway line, would be £650.

Hearts...Screenshot_20190516-182852_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7e99a302195f82e665d34ace8f809b44.jpg

...halfway line is £1220, or a £810.

I don't understand why the behind the goals top tier are more expensive than close to the pitch half way line seats (for adults at least). 

You'd have thought that the Jambos would put a premium on being closer to the pitch as it's better for throwing coins and flares. 

49 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Did he feel he had been entertained?

I agree with him though. I've hardly ever carried cash for years. Still pisses me off I can't even buy a pie at McDairmid. It really is stone age. 

Letting people use contactless would speed up the queues too.

So you know that you cant use the card at the ground so get cash. Not that great a hardship.