Season Tickets

Cagey

17 hours ago, Pink said:

I took an Aussie visitor to the game on Saturday who was completely amazed that cash was still the only means of getting in in the 21st Century.  I've got so used to going to Tesco to take out cash to pay for a ticket I hadn't stopped to notice that there are very few if any forms of entertainment which make it such a challenge to access.

Saints games are literally the only thing I go to where I still use cash to get in. It's really pretty incredible that a venue like McDiarmid Park that normally brings in 3-4,000 people (for comparison, that's more than a lot of "big" concert venues, e.g. the London Palladium) hadn't yet embraced online sales. I think this is long overdue, and done correctly and with a bit of imagination I'd hope that it could even help to improve attendances.

12 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I don't understand why the behind the goals top tier are more expensive than close to the pitch half way line seats (for adults at least). 

You'd have thought that the Jambos would put a premium on being closer to the pitch as it's better for throwing coins and flares. 

Someone has to pay for auntie Anne's new stand!

12 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Did he feel he had been entertained?

I agree with him though. I've hardly ever carried cash for years. Still pisses me off I can't even buy a pie at McDairmid. It really is stone age. 

Letting people use contactless would speed up the queues too.

We’re not all 20 year old hipsters. I only found out what contactless was about 3 months ago, and it feels very weird leaving the house without cash. Progress is good, but some of us need to be given time to catch up.

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

We’re not all 20 year old hipsters. I only found out what contactless was about 3 months ago, and it feels very weird leaving the house without cash. Progress is good, but some of us need to be given time to catch up.

Someone told me the other day that our coinage has been decimalised.  Also is "contactless" not a funny word for a system that involves tapping a card against a small screen?

Anyway old foggies like me don't hold the queue up at McD, my order has been the same for 60 years - a scotch pie and a bovril.  Younger fans seem to wait until they get to the front before deciding what they want and they then spend more than my monthly mortgage payment used to be!

Anyone buying anything other than a pie and bovril at the football should, frankly, be taken out the back and shot. Several hours of torture should be included for anyone even momentarily considering buying some shite with “chorizo” in it. This should be increased to several days torture for those who spend the time in the queue arguing about how to pronounce “chorizo”. 

I’m willing to consider exceptions for small children, women and other oddities.

30 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Anyone buying anything other than a pie and bovril at the football should, frankly, be taken out the back and shot. Several hours of torture should be included for anyone even momentarily considering buying some shite with “chorizo” in it. This should be increased to several days torture for those who spend the time in the queue arguing about how to pronounce “chorizo”. 

I’m willing to consider exceptions for small children, women and other oddities.

brilliant post dude.

can you exempt me as an oddity ,ta.

the pies are shite,the steak in gravy ones fall apart just looking at them.

I much prefer Bovril and plain crisps.unfortunately chipmunk crisps are no longer available,so make do.

8 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Never liked bovril. Nothing wrong with a cup of tea. 

You should try a chorizo (chor - ee - thow) pie. You might like it. You're never too old for exciting new experiences. 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Got my renewal form today.

No thank you letter from chairman & thought for season ahead.

Also mentions Tommy's weekly newsletter. Can't remember getting one since our season fell apart in February.

Perhaps the Chairman letter will come with the new season card.

Tommy's e mail is a  bit hit or miss I think.  Last season on list at start then not getting them - notified Bev and they started up again but like you they went AWOL again from turn of year.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Got my renewal form today.

No thank you letter from chairman & thought for season ahead.

Also mentions Tommy's weekly newsletter. Can't remember getting one since our season fell apart in February.

There is a thank you letter in the pack. Simply signed from the staff rather than the chairman. Dont tell us you are going to held that against him like one other forumer who was in the huff for years :razz: 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

There is a thank you letter in the pack. Simply signed from the staff rather than the chairman. Dont tell us you are going to held that against him like one other forumer who was in the huff for years :razz: 

A basic thank you nothing else. A lot of effort went into !

The least the chairman & Manager should appreciate the support especially for what they put us through in February & March.

52 minutes ago, Cagey said:

A basic thank you nothing else. A lot of effort went into !

The least the chairman & Manager should appreciate the support especially for what they put us through in February & March.

I think it is as good as that, but instead of being addressed form the manager or chairman it is form all the staff which is the 2 of them plus many many more. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

A tweet from a rangers fan stating they are to get 3 full stands at mcd next season with Celtic also getting the same. All saints fans to be in main stand. 

Reported worth 100k to club. Anyone heard this

Just out of curiosity do you happen to know how the rangers fan has knowledge of this? 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

A tweet from a rangers fan stating they are to get 3 full stands at mcd next season with Celtic also getting the same. All saints fans to be in main stand. 

Reported worth 100k to club. Anyone heard this

I'm not sure how that could be confirmed already but I guess, at boardroom level, you would have to be talking about that kind of thing. It would negligent of Saints (as a business) not to be talking about that kind of thing.

Whether you agree or disagree with the idea, the club would have had to mention it in the renewal pack. All it says is the Ormond Stand patrons will be moved for some games. 

Be interesting to know what the uptake on bringing a friend for £10 to Old Firm games was like. Anyone?