Betfred Cup

Cagey

30 minutes ago, pringles said:

thought Kerr had a poor game and giving somebody that age the captaincy is a strange decision

Strange decision? De Ligt?

He's old enough and will grow in to the role. He won't however, transform a defense lacking confidence.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Think Tommy wanted to up his transfer value.

That and/or keep him at the club. 

FWIW I don't think that Kerr had a bad game as a player, in that he won what he needed to win and contained the striker he was on. What we didn't get from him was the surging runs through the middle. Maybe he's not as confident leaving Duffy to cover compared to Gordon or Joe S?

But I agree I don't think as captain he was much use. Foster was much more vocal. 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Even if we beat County on Sunday,big IF, I would say we are out of cup. Montrose will beat Brechin & Forfar so I think they will go through on the head to head with Saints.

If we beat County (I know - I know IF) what decides a tie?  Goals scored or the result between the teams?  If the latter we would still have some hope IF we beat Brechin and Forfar.

Do all 8 runners up go through or just the best 4?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I cant remember Easton or Mackay ever giving anyone an absolute hounding. Wright sometimes, I'm sure he was the main one at the incident you're on about, whilst Ando does it for the entire match, but more in what he says than how he acts.

Foster and Craig are the only ones who'll chase folk solely to berate them.

Eventually found it on youtube there at least 3 or having ago at him, Miller the nearest and you can see Mackay shouting across from the back post. I forgot how good our counter attacking goal was. 

4 minutes ago, south inch said:

If we beat County (I know - I know IF) what decides a tie?  Goals scored or the result between the teams?  If the latter we would still have some hope IF we beat Brechin and Forfar.

'If clubs are level on points at the end of the group stage the criteria for separating them is 1) goal difference, 2) goals scored, 3) away goals scored, 4) matches won, 5) away matches won, 6) drawing of lots.'

Thats from SPFL site

1 hour ago, south inch said:

16 minus group winners minus teams in Europe = number of runner-up spots.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

St Mirren needing an 88th minute penalty to get past Edinburgh City, whilst Dundee draw 0-0 with Cove Rangers.

Maybe our result isn't as damning as it seemed.

Neither were beaten, both got a bit of positivity.  Neither were laughing stock of Scotland like us (for those who knew it was on).  Shouldn't be comparing ourselves to a top flight relegated side and a play off survivor... in your comparison we are worse off than these two teams.   It's abysmal to contemplate any positivity from a defeat from Montrose.

Its not the end of the world but a few years back we were playing in Europe, shows the massive change in emphasis.  Don't care for league cup now, players clearly cant be arsed either.

15 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Neither were beaten, both got a bit of positivity.  Neither were laughing stock of Scotland like us (for those who knew it was on).  Shouldn't be comparing ourselves to a top flight relegated side and a play off survivor... in your comparison we are worse off than these two teams.   It's abysmal to contemplate any positivity from a defeat from Montrose.

Its not the end of the world but a few years back we were playing in Europe, shows the massive change in emphasis.  Don't care for league cup now, players clearly cant be arsed either.

Point was more about how tight it can be against lower league teams away from home. We Montrose last season despite being absolutely dreadful, I've rewatched some of last nights game and think, considering the fact our CH pairing had never played together before, and we have no striker capable of playing on their own, we weren't that much poorer. Only difference was they scored the goal this time.

27 minutes ago, Dave H said:

st mirren 0 stjohnstone 1

ian heddle 

full time top league   v part time bottom league

i was there ,most Braw.

Now its mo’s day .enjoy.

its fitba.

9 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

He's properly mental. Same as the fixture last year, standing in the same place. 

It's like experimental theatre. 

The guy spends his days walking as fast as he can on country roads shouting at the traffic.  He jumped on my car once at a set of traffic lights in the country, scared the living daylights out of my kids.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

O'Halloran and Hendry ruled out of tomorrows game.

Talk after Montrose was that Clark, Anderson, Craig and Kane would all be returning but theres not been any update on that I've seen. Had it in my mind Wotherspoon was due back too.

When were they rules out. He says they have knocks not deffo ruled out. 

Courier also states:

Winger Michael O’Halloran has aggravated a foot injury but should make tomorrow’s game but striker Callum Hendry has missed training with a back injury and is in the doubtful category.