Woman’s world cup

541ntees

Listening to commentary on England men playing usually requires one sick bucket to hand but for the England ladies i am afraid two are necessary.

The first goal against Norway was described as sheer brilliance.  Leaving aside the striker who missed her kick at the ball completely the only question to me was how many of the Norwegian defenders should have been charged admission.

32 minutes ago, south inch said:

Listening to commentary on England men playing usually requires one sick bucket to hand but for the England ladies i am afraid two are necessary.

The first goal against Norway was described as sheer brilliance.  Leaving aside the striker who missed her kick at the ball completely the only question to me was how many of the Norwegian defenders should have been charged admission.

Actually could not believe the amount of praise they got after taht Norway game. The simple fact was that Norwar blew at least 3 golden chances and poor play from Norway flattered england. 

Have to say I thought England were pretty impressive against Norway. Bronze in particular looks a terrific player. If it had been Scotland playing like that I'm pretty sure most Scots would be praising them too.

England v USA tonight should be a cracker.

Whilst some of the play on show in this World Cup has been decent enough no way does it justify the non stop over hyping.

Last night the Swedish keeper made a decent save from a well hit shot.  It was immediately hailed as brilliant in particular because she kept her eye on the ball!  Does this mean that some keepers don't watch the ball?  Like "oh my god these gloves are soo wrong for the rest of my outfit, I must change them for a different shade first chance - oops!"