Danny Swanson leaving ?

Kilgour

Danny Swanson in court yesterday in Edinburgh for sentencing following an an incident in Edinburgh pub in March.

Fined £900 for punching bouncer in the face when asked to leave.

Lawyer said that Danny had a position with an MLS club lined up and that any prosecution could put that in jeopardy.

Any news in Perth ?

Presumably this court appearance meant he had to miss out on the trip to Ireland? Given how much he - of all players - could really do with having a strong pre-season, I can't imagine Tommy will be at all impressed.

If he's messed up a potential move to the MLS then I guess that could also mean Saints missing out on a transfer fee.

I've always been a fan of Swanson but he's really messed up the chance Saints have given him this time.

You have to wonder if this was atcually a distinct possibility or a dream that his solicitor tried to use to his advantage. 

Also pretty sure someone posted on here before saying this the night out was a players night out. 

Edited by mainstand

11 hours ago, mainstand said:

You have to wonder if this was atcually a distinct possibility or a dream that his solicitor tried to use to his advantage.

That was my first thought, it's the equivalent of someone up on a drink driving charge's lawyer going on about how much he needs to drive for his business, would lose an opportunity if he lost it etc etc.

Its all exaggerated with the intention of reducing the sentence.   

Might not be the case here, but it is a real possibility that that's all it is, rather than there being any substance in the MLS thing.

St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright says "unless an MLS side comes in and offers £500,000" Danny Swanson is "going nowhere" after a court case involving the midfielder heard that a conviction for assault could jeopardise a move to the USA. (Daily Express, print edition)

Someone should tell Tommy, Swanson will not get a visa for the USA (conviction for violence)