Morton v Saints

Shibbydoo

9 hours ago, sleepless said:

hell's teeth, it's meant to be the difference in thinking the glass is half empty or half full.

There's folks on here who think it's the glass is half empty or it's smashed into a million pieces on the floor and all the drink is draining into the gutter.

This is a pre-season friendly when the players work themselves back to match fitness after five or six weeks away. And Ando is a club legend and a great player, but he didn't play with us last season so Tommy will not have seen much of him. He has to assess whether the guy still has what it takes. So of course he has to get game time. There's absolutely no way you can deduce from that the idea that he is now first choice.

Tommy's been doing this a wee while now. He probably has a fair idea what he's doing.

Sleepless will you stop talking sense on here

Edited by sixties saintee

8 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Saints were really good for 50 minutes tonight. The passing, the movement, the tempo - Morton couldn't live with it. A real step up from the Irish games. 

Morton then reverted to what you'd expect from a David Hopkin team and went very direct to Sutton and you have to admit that it rattled us for a spell.

The game calmed down again and we saw it out. For eight outfield players to get 90 mins at this stage of pre-season speaks volumes for their fitness as well. Imagine Duffy, Gordon, Callachan and Craig will get the same on Friday night. 

Didnt know Hopkin went there, Hoodlum off the boil.

I was at the game... don’t know why because although I  see the need for friendlies,  I prefer a game where there is something to play for, however as friendlies go I thought it wasn’t too bad. 

Glimpses of the ‘old’ O’Halloran & Swanson to make you feel optimistic and glimpses of the ‘old’ Wotherspoon to feel less so! However I never like to bash any Saints player so nuff said..

Definitely room for improvement but hey that’s why these games are vital.

On a side note, loved seeing Foster back to his Mr Angry mode! Personally think he should be the Captain as old enough & competitive enough... he’s a winner.

in Tommy we trust :wink:

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Who the fcuk throws a coin at a friendly ?.

Hope the cowshed is where the home fans stand.

The Morton statement certainly makes it sound like only home fans were in that location:

"This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable and brings the Club and our loyal support into disrepute."

Defo Morton fans involved in coin incident, just kids.

Around 100 Saints fans at most, all of us in the far end of the Main Stand.

Seemed strange set up, had to buy a ticket before accessing the ground and then walk through all the home fans to get to Away end, not that it was an issue.

Mortons main stand has better facilities than I thought when you see it coming in that way. It always seemed horrible coming in from the normal away turnstiles. I’d have still rather they let us have some of the terracing though.