Steve Brown - doing a good job?

Broon

Steve Brown   

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, duncan08 said:

Could be doing better though? Or would we be happy being Hamilton, toddling along finishing 10th/11th, because we've been in the second tier before so should automatically be happy with anything above that? 

would be happy with that.

we are st johnstone not hamilton, so we'd have our own version of toddling along

honestly, the things people think saints can do....we are a SMALL club!!!

6 hours ago, MySpazz said:

we are st johnstone not hamilton, so we'd have our own version of toddling along

Aye but we could be bigger if people wanted it to be ,this “small club” mentality is really starting to get on my tits , get some of the so called money we have spent on some new faces before we’re all doddling along to our “small club” in the 1st division where a lot of people on here seem to believe that’s where we belong . 

8 hours ago, MySpazz said:

In fairness, we think Saints can do bigger things because we've seen Saints do them.

2 hours ago, rickardo said:

Aye but we could be bigger if people wanted it to be ,this “small club” mentality is really starting to get on my tits , get some of the so called money we have spent on some new faces before we’re all doddling along to our “small club” in the 1st division where a lot of people on here seem to believe that’s where we belong . 

In the "all time top flight table", we sit 15th if you exclude dead clubs, 14th, if you want to remove Rangers.

We'll overtake 15th placed Morton this season regardless. 

We're absolutely miles ahead of clubs like Dunfermline in terms of games played/points in the top flight, yet I'd be absolutely certain folk reckon they're somehow a bigger club.

Screenshot_20190718-091432_Chrome.thumb.jpg.939df2a44de63784ceb9f4326cf2b517.jpg

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

In the "all time top flight table", we sit 15th if you exclude dead clubs, 14th, if you want to remove Rangers.

We're absolutely miles ahead of clubs like Dunfermline in terms of games played/points in the top flight, yet I'd be absolutely certain folk reckon they're somehow a bigger club.

Assuming we'll get 17 points this season - bold

Overall he does an excellent job.

But the budget fixation is certainly not very exciting. However we've seen just how badly football finance can go wrong in the last few years so perhaps he has a point! 

I do agree that the PR side of things is an area that MUST be improved upon. It's currently woeful in comparison to other teams round about us.

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

The PR at Saints has always  been horrendous in the near 40 years I have been here supporting them.

Going even further back I can remember when Saints' PR consisted of a billboard (borrowed from an Evening Telegraph seller) outside St Pauls saying "Match Off".  If they were really making an effort it would say "Match Off - Snow".

Is one of our main issues that we never replaced the likes of Stuart Duff?  We seemed to churn through a number of general managers but I haven't heard of anyone in that role recently?

Most other clubs seem to have a Chief Executive or someone that is actually there full time. Would that form of structure help?  

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Is one of our main issues that we never replaced the likes of Stuart Duff?  We seemed to churn through a number of general managers but I haven't heard of anyone in that role recently?

Most other clubs seem to have a Chief Executive or someone that is actually there full time. Would that form of structure help?  

Two reasons it won’t happen: they’d have to pay them big bucks, and the Broons are control freaks (which seem to work well for them).

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

In Geoff's day there were four other directors plus Duffer. I fail to see how SB thinks he can run the club on his own as well as a house building firm. I think that is demonstrated by the irregular and ill thought out statements from the current chairman around the playing budget.We were a well run club,not sure that's the case now.

6 hours ago, garydavidson said:

The general manager is Dave Ryan he has been in that role for 4 years according to his LinkedIn. 

Edited by mainstand

On 7/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, mainstand said:

The general manager is Dave Ryan he has been in that role for 4 years according to his LinkedIn. 

Who?

Maybe of course SD was much higher profile as GB had a 'team'. SB on the other hand thinks he can do everything.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, mainstand said:

Incorrect, he vacated that role before the end of last season.  No longer a General Manager in place.  Stan who has recently retired from his full-time job has now stepped up his role a bit more at McDiarmid.  He led the whole project to introduce the e-ticketing system for example. 

5 hours ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Incorrect, he vacated that role before the end of last season.  No longer a General Manager in place.  Stan who has recently retired from his full-time job has now stepped up his role a bit more at McDiarmid.  He led the whole project to introduce the e-ticketing system for example. 

Thanks he hasn't updated his LinkedIn page then:laugh:

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, montrosesaintee said:

Assuming we'll get 17 points this season - bold

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, pringles said:

In Geoff's day there were four other directors plus Duffer. I fail to see how SB thinks he can run the club on his own as well as a house building firm. I think that is demonstrated by the irregular and ill thought out statements from the current chairman around the playing budget.We were a well run club,not sure that's the case now.

Bollocks ...his dad still runs the club     .....we all know that

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:14 AM, RandomGuy said:

Screenshot_20190718-091432_Chrome.thumb.jpg.939df2a44de63784ceb9f4326cf2b517.jpg

miles ahead of what ???? Dunfermline??? F MEE  BUT still behind Morton ,,,,st Mirren  

• 2 weeks later...