Steve Brown - doing a good job?

Broon

Steve Brown   

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've always had the opinion he was doing a stern job of steering the ship, but if the reports are true then this really is a major f**k up in many ways. TW must be close to breaking point as well as a chunk of the fans, we're really turning into a laughing stock. 

22 minutes ago, GMac said:

He has f#cked up big time, complete f#ckiing knob - as well as fans walking away, the manager will join them.

An utter shambles. The club needs a good shake from top to bottom. Basking in past glories, no leadership, prehistoric comms, the list goes on.

Club is a shambles. STs late on going out. Same with parking tickets. Transfer fiasco & much more.

We have been through more general managers than I have had hot dinners. Do we have one at the moment ? .Is it a while since we had one & if so they were certainly low profile & never saw any statements from them.

We used to hate the guy from Scone that we saw in the early days at McDiarmid but he ran the club well. Down hill since then.

Car park still an accident waiting to happen & dangerous to walk on. Just one example of the slow deterioration at the club.

These deals are why supporters stay away. 

Why should a non-season ticket holder pay £23 to get entertainment from their team. 

Yeah we should stick together through bad and good times but this is a dreadfully bad time that’s hammering everyone. 

In Tommy we trust and all that shite but I don’t trust Saints. We are loosing multiple opportunities to sign players perhaps due to arrogance. 

Fans being treated with utter disrespect, the club belongs to the fans not the browns. 

No idea what's going on as our Chairman is a silent partner and even when he does speak he puts his foot in it. 

I voted No and don't think Brown will ever change. 

Absolutely fed up with head in sand Brown, the support needs a Chairman to lead us not treat us like we don't matter. 

Mr Brown at least try and put things right as it stands there will be less and less paying customers as folk have had enough of this constant lack of leadership and communication. 

8 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

I know people have probably read this before, but his views on leadership are so dated.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-chief-steve-brown-11886892

“The manager knows how we feel and how we work,” Brown said, with a laugh.

“Tommy has been here a long time and you almost expect it now. You have a one-to-one – I want this, I want that. Well it’s not happening.”

That quote sums it up. Suppose we should be ever thankful eh. Iron fisted club run as a dictatorship. My way or highway. 

28 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

The open forum has to be welcomed. Could be a lively evening.

19 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Yes. Absolutely. A welcome addition. Might struggle to make a Thursday as the kids have school but will try 

Good luck with that.

"Limited space", "first come, first serve".

Theyll already have sold all the tickets to their mates.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Good luck with that.

"Limited space", "first come, first serve".

Theyll already have sold all the tickets to their mates.

Probably not far from the truth, Brown's Stasi on standby.

Edited by GMac
Spelling error

Decided to join after many years and voice my thoughts . Very poor by Steve brown very arrogant as he  always has been even prior to being chairman. At the hall of fame dinner he stood up and spoke for ages very derogatory towards staff and players over staying his welcome on stage. All about Steve Brown. At the time I thought is he for Saints or is he for his ego I think the last few days has answered that question in regards to the May situation.  I was away to renew my my season ticket this week but now that won’t be happening. This is very sad but I think that Steve Browns ego will relegate Saints this year. I do appreciate budgets etc I predict the manager will be moving on. 

Just cos you dont get a season ticket doesnt mean you have to stop going. Gave up my season a few years back but go to all home games I can. Will support the club no matter chairman, manager, goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward.  

Im no expert on running a football club.  Is our chairman doing a good job, no idea, whats his job description say?  If the board vote to oust Brown from top seat then I'd support that.  Do chairmen get votes of no confidence?  However I dont think we are anywhere near that.

All we need is good performances on the pitch and wins.  Then all the rumours and nonsense being circulated will disappear till the next run of bad results.  

Edited by Dave H

6 minutes ago, Dave H said:

All we need is good performances on the pitch and wins.  Then all the rumours and nonsense being circulated will disappear till the next run of bad results.  

Lets hope not. Theres a deep rooted issue with this club that needs addressed, I'll be annoyed if its simply brushed off and ignored until it costs us.

12 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Just cos you dont get a season ticket doesnt mean you have to stop going. Gave up my season a few years back but go to all home games I can. Will support the club no matter chairman, manager, goalkeeper, defender, midfielder, forward.  

Im no expert on running a football club.  Is our chairman doing a good job, no idea, whats his job description say?  If the board vote to oust Brown from top seat then I'd support that.  Do chairmen get votes of no confidence?  However I dont think we are anywhere near that.

He doesn’t have a job description. He’s a Director that inherited the business. 

I’m struggling to find an area of the business other than financial prudence that gains pass marks. 

This bad feeling among the support comes from the top. It’s time for change.