Steve Brown - doing a good job?

Broon

Steve Brown   

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, cristo said:

So when your team is on a bad run you just turn your back on them and go and watch someone else?

From where I live I could easily start going to ICT, Ross County, Elgin or any number of decent Highland League teams.

Or I could just continue to skive off work early and drive 110 miles down to  Perth in whatever conditions the A9 can throw at me to support my team and then drive 110 miles back.

Yeah, I think I'll just keep doing that, no matter who our chairman or manager or three goals a season striker is.

I salute you! I was making the statement that there are other Perth clubs out there who would be happy with the support of fans who don’t want to attend Saints games this season.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:22 PM, sasha said:

Cagey, it’s not bitterness, £23 to get into a home game to watch poor football. Less than half to see a game that means something to the players and the community.  

Are you trying to suggest that Saints games mean less to the players and community than local non-league matches do? Because that's absolute nonsense. I also highly doubt that the football is better at that level.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:15 PM, blueheaven said:

Are you trying to suggest that Saints games mean less to the players and community than local non-league matches do? Because that's absolute nonsense. I also highly doubt that the football is better at that level.

If people believe that they get better entertainment for a much lower cost then they will go to the non leagues, irrespective of the standard of football.

9 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

If people believe that they get better entertainment for a much lower cost then they will go to the non leagues, irrespective of the standard of football.

At least there’s no rangers/ Celtic in the non leagues with there fans  spouting religious and political bile everywhere they go.

some Braw social clubs for boozing though.

2 minutes ago, slf said:

At least there’s no rangers/ Celtic in the non leagues with there fans  spouting religious and political bile everywhere they go.

some Braw social clubs for boozing though.

Not really wanting to drag fans away from Saints but they are making it hard to go to McDairmid every other week. Once you make the break and support a non league side, you get into it and the pull of the senior game dies away.

6 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

Not really wanting to drag fans away from Saints but they are making it hard to go to McDairmid every other week. Once you make the break and support a non league side, you get into it and the pull of the senior game dies away.

True

6 hours ago, Blues Brother said:

True .

i made the break years ago from attending every stjohnstone away game.now I pick and choose.

still go too as many home though.

Might be a bit unfair for this to be on this posting however....Saints now charging the full timers £20 a month for their lunch. The young lads got their wage slips with a £20 reduction (to about £540 a month) for "catering". No warning, no communication, just done. First, charging them anything is a scandal, second doing it without asking I didn't think was legal. Any views?

7 minutes ago, BigKerno said:

Might be a bit unfair for this to be on this posting however....Saints now charging the full timers £20 a month for their lunch. The young lads got their wage slips with a £20 reduction (to about £540 a month) for "catering". No warning, no communication, just done. First, charging them anything is a scandal, second doing it without asking I didn't think was legal. Any views?

If they train five days a week that's £1 a lunch. Cheaper than mine, lucky bastards

14 minutes ago, BigKerno said:

I'm confused by this - is it £20 a month or £540 a month?

Maybe this could be the loophole we use to finally get Stevie May - agree to a huge contract, then deduct half of it for lunch.

14 minutes ago, BigKerno said:

I m guessing from this that Saints pay the young lads minimum wage of £4.35 an hour for an under 18 then as £540  would equate to around a 30 hour week ? 

To make it in football now you almost have to come from a relatively wealthy background. I would guess every full time young player at Saints can only do it because their parents support them.  

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm confused by this - is it £20 a month or £540 a month?

Maybe this could be the loophole we use to finally get Stevie May - agree to a huge contract, then deduct half of it for lunch.

I read it that its a £20 reduction to a £540 a month pay

On 8/21/2019 at 12:50 PM, BigKerno said:

Yep, read my previous posts. They don’t give a toss about the kids unless they have value. £20 to a senior is like buying coffees for the car share, for the kids it’s totally different.

What about the £1000s invested by parents over the years to help their kids? Honestly unless you are the lucky one or two the clubs do not give one.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, Strawman said:

I m guessing from this that Saints pay the young lads minimum wage of £4.35 an hour for an under 18 then as £540  would equate to around a 30 hour week ? 

To make it in football now you almost have to come from a relatively wealthy background. I would guess every full time young player at Saints can only do it because their parents support them.  

You have to sign a waiver saying that you agree to working more than 30 hours a week if the job requires it.

12 hours ago, sasha said:

Yep, read my previous posts. They don’t give a toss about the kids unless they have value. £20 to a senior is like buying coffees for the car share, for the kids it’s totally different.

What about the £1000s invested by parents over the years to help their kids? Honestly unless you are the lucky one or two the clubs do not give one.

And so it should be. I love it when bitter parents, who's only attachment to Saints is there kid playing a few years for the youngsters, come on here and try and tell us how bad it was for their precious wee cherubs :lol: absolutely ****ing love it. Let me soak up those salty, salty tears......mmm.

12 hours ago, sasha said:

But they never had the £20 in the first place. 

Just wait till they find out about tax and NI. 

Did you invest thousands on the premise that your boy would get free lunches? Hopefully the new owner/whoever it is in Chattanooga (?) will invest in sandwiches for the young team otherwise he'll have you at the door to answer.

13 hours ago, sasha said:

£20 a month for lunch seems like a pretty good, heavily subsidised deal to me - that works out as, what, a little over £1 a day? (Not sure how many lunches a week they get). Either way, I wouldn't mind my work doing that for me.

I can't help but feel from some of your posts that you have a bit of a chip on your shoulder about Saints in general.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, BigKerno said:

£20 reduction each month. That leaves them with £540 in their hip pocket. The young team are allowed to eat once the first team have all left the canteen. I don't think that is an issue but when your paying for it.....

Am I the only 1 that started out in life as a £25 a week YTS, which in today's money is £50-60(£240/month) and your worried about £540! I certainly never got lunches provided and would never have expected to either, I'm not sure your going to get much sympathy I'm afraid.