Saints v Livingston 10 August 2019

Jimmy Wallace

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Wow! Your team is your team is your team. Strange if "fans" can abandon their club and support another.

I would probably go to a Jeanfield home game if there was no Saints game on. 

Went to Liverpool vs Napoli last week. 

But when there's a Saints game on I agree. That's unforgivable. 

14 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Wow! Your team is your team is your team. Strange if "fans" can abandon their club and support another.

There’s a few Saints die hards going to this purely for a day out and a change of scenery. 

I’ve got a ST but live in the Borders so it’s a one off for me and an exciting signing could still potentially get me to Perth.

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

There’s a few Saints die hards going to this purely for a day out and a change of scenery. 

I’ve got a ST but live in the Borders so it’s a one off for me and an exciting signing could still potentially get me to Perth.

Kinnoul will be in Peebles on league business this season come and enjoy the delights of some Peebles boozers, assuming there is not a Saints game the same day of course

18 minutes ago, only1sammiller said:

I actually went down and got myself (and my boys- sorry lads) season tickets.

I went to the cinema with the family midweek and after snacks and stuff (£50-60).

The football is actually put itself right back into contention as a 'cheaper day out'.

Especially if you have masochistic tendency.

After seeing the highlights from Sportscene and the fact that no signing has been announced, I’m getting more worried about this game now.

Apart from Hamilton, every other bottom 6 team looked well organised at the very least. St. Mirren looked far better than last year, Ross County looked good.

Even if a signing is now made, I assume it is too late for them to start on Saturday. The club had the chance to turn this around. A signing (or 2) this week and a win on Saturday would have been enough for fans to forget about 7-0, the awful cup campaign and the terrible summer transfer window. The fans would have said ‘the season starts here’. I’m worried that it might be too late now.

A loss and no signing would be a killer blow to confidence.

5 minutes ago, Linky said:

Apart from Hamilton, every other bottom 6 team looked well organised at the very least. St. Mirren looked far better than last year, Ross County looked good.

This was my worry too. I had revised my opinion that we're relatively safe on the basis of the weekend performances (highlights).

But ... it was the first week. I think that County, Livi and Killie will always be quite strong at home, so maybe we can't read too much into that. 

Amusingly, Hearts look absolute mince and Rangers will drop points to bottom 6 clubs, again based only on the highlights. 

Might actually be an exciting season, if not for the right reasons. 

2 hours ago, Linky said:

After seeing the highlights from Sportscene and the fact that no signing has been announced, I’m getting more worried about this game now.

Even if a signing is now made, I assume it is too late for them to start on Saturday. The club had the chance to turn this around. A signing (or 2) this week and a win on Saturday would have been enough for fans to forget about 7-0, the awful cup campaign and the terrible summer transfer window. The fans would have said ‘the season starts here’. I’m worried that it might be too late now.

A loss and no signing would be a killer blow to confidence.

Livingston, St.Mirren and Hamilton will all finish below us.

Happy to place a wager if you are so sure?

26 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Livingston, St.Mirren and Hamilton will all finish below us.

Happy to place a wager if you are so sure?

I’m not sure at all. I WAS sure that we’d finish 7th quite happily. After seeing Saturday’s highlights I’m starting to revise that.

Saturday’s result and all that went before it would have been almost inconsequential if we had the signings this week and a win Saturday.

Strange, no one has posted their preferred line up yet, very unusual. I suppose we didn't know who would be signed for us, or are we still holding out hope???

I'll be happy if Liam Gordon comes in and plays alongside Kerr.

Not bothered about the rest, the recent shennanigans have knocked the stuffing out of me.

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

The way things are going I would take a draw on Saturday & hopefully the free week will allow us to sort out the mess.

A draw considering how poor we have been over 5 games would be progress. 

I doubt the mess will get sorted as they’ve had 2 months to try and sort it and haven’t or couldn’t or wouldn’t. 

I think they’ll get a smash and grab goal and we will have heehaw to break them down to get a result. 

Hope I’m very wrong about it. 

4 hours ago, cristo said:

Strange, no one has posted their preferred line up yet, very unusual. I suppose we didn't know who would be signed for us, or are we still holding out hope???

I'll be happy if Liam Gordon comes in and plays alongside Kerr.

Not bothered about the rest, the recent shennanigans have knocked the stuffing out of me.

Don't think anyone is particularly inspired with what we have to work with. Anyway;

Foster-Kerr-Gordon-Tanser

MOH-McCann-Davidson-Kennedy

Swanson

Kane

I am assuming that Kane and Gordon are back. I guess if not it's Hendry and Anderson. Time to try Danny in behind the striker I think. 

No idea why anyone has any confidence in us getting a result, the last meeting finished 1-1, where we huffed and puffed against an experimental Livingston side. The game before that they blew us away and won 3-1. 

They showed against Motherwell last week that, despite losing the entire spine of their team, they still have the ability to defend well and keep their shape. 

We're completely and utterly reliant on one of MOH, Swanson or Kennedy creating a chance for themselves and also finishing the chance, and they'll need to do that more than once because we can't keep clean sheets.

10 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Don't think anyone is particularly inspired with what we have to work with. Anyway;

Swanson

Kane

I am assuming that Kane and Gordon are back. I guess if not it's Hendry and Anderson. Time to try Danny in behind the striker I think. 

Almost in total agreement. I would play Craig in place of McCann.

Team selection it almost picks itself It is the formation and tactics that is the biggest choice.

4:4:1:1 or 4:2:3:1 as long as he does not revert to 4:5:1 if we go a goal up 

Edited by Johnny B

11 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Swanson

Kane

Bad enough playing wae 11, but to only play wae 10 beat before we start.unless we have a new signing Anyway

Edited by sixties saintee