Free week

Johnny B

1 hour ago, Stumpy1966 said:

We will probably have a another free date as the betfred cup final is on the 8 December and we are due to play Celtic on the 7th.

Between being knocked out of Betfred, all those international breaks & now those rearranged fixtures this season is a shambles . Assuming Celtic reach final.

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

Saw a tweet this morning stating that our game on 2 November will now be cancelled as rangers will have a league cup tie. 

leaves us with

4 October matches

3 November matches

7 December matches 

absolutely crazy. 

5 Oct           ross County Away

19 Oct        St Mirren Away

26 Oct       Hamilton Home

30 Oct      Hearts Home

9 Nov       Hibs Home

23 Nov Aberdeen Home

30 Nov motherwell Away

4 Dec    Killie Away

7 Dec   Celtic Home

14 dec hearts Away

18 Dec Possible rangers Away

21 dec St Mirren Home

26 Dec Hamilton Away

29 Dec Ross County Home 

Football is fuqed.

no fun being a supporter.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:52 PM, Cagey said:

Between being knocked out of Betfred, all those international breaks & now those rearranged fixtures this season is a shambles . Assuming Celtic reach final.

Opening fixtures of season playing the best teams of last season, either of the old firm on semi final and final day of league cup knowing they'll 80% reach that stage...  I'd go as far as claiming this is a deliberate act to try and sabotage us.  

Ive never know such a shit deal on fixtures, is there negotiations to sort out dates or do we just get given them.   Number of fixtures in December is poor planning, one positive is we will not get a run around from Celtic.

19 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Look on the bright side if Celtic reach the betfred cup final we might have a chance if they have to play 2 games on the same day:D:D - but I wouldn’t bet on it:P

Someone from BT & SPFL hasn't done their homework. Maybe they are expecting Celtic to lose in semi.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49928420

Id like to see the club do a pay what you want game. They could do this on a free week, arrange a game with another club. Our players need game time together, not free weeks. Be nice to fill the stadium a little, raise a bit of cash. Players are getting paid to play and provide entertainment.

• 3 weeks later...

Another shit result after a week off. The team got a few days off. Is that the reason we are poor after breaks. After Saturday they should be in for extra training.

Another break on 2nd Nov for Betfred & another on 16th Nov for internationals.

Hopefully no more days off.

33 minutes ago, Dutch Saint said:

I absolutely detest these breaks during the season. Teams, not only us, lose some continuity, and training/bounce games is/are no substitute for the real thing.

When exactly were they introduced, and do the top European Leagues do the same?

I think when the Nations League started they changed the calendar.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cagey said:

From the cup game on 18th January until 15th February we have 9 games, 4 on Wednesday.

This is just crazy in mid winter.

This is why the break after Christmas is a waste of time. The weather in early January is no worse and likely better than early February and the past few years we have been lucky.  We all know that we could have two weeks off with the break in perfect weather and when we come back get hit with another 'beast from the east' and be off for another two weeks. 

The people running our game are incompetent. 

5 hours ago, SaintJet said:

This is why the break after Christmas is a waste of time. The weather in early January is no worse and likely better than early February and the past few years we have been lucky.  We all know that we could have two weeks off with the break in perfect weather and when we come back get hit with another 'beast from the east' and be off for another two weeks. 

The people running our game are incompetent. 

The clubs voted for it didnt they? It certainly wasnt enforced on them.

Sure it was to give the pitches, and players, a break, and also to let fans have a break from paying for games so close after Christmas/New Year.

The break isnt the issue, the new International calendar which has them playing virtually every month is far worse. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Sure it was to give the pitches, and players, a break, and also to let fans have a break from paying for games so close after Christmas/New Year.

The break isnt the issue, the new International calendar which has them playing virtually every month is far worse. 

I despise these international breaks. Almost getting to dislike them as much as I do the OF!!! Can’t stand them. What a waste. Doubtless players called up for their country would disagree, but it’s different as an onlooker. I wish them well but I can’t muster any interest in international football at all. I may be unusual but I don’t watch English games or champions league. I prefer to attend a game, but increasingly I can’t. Nothing can be done about it. Rant done. Don’t feel any better.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Exactly. Football has gone downhill since Uefa & Sky got involved. We used to just have home internationals & world cup. Football was 3pm on a Saturday & reserve games were at home on an away day & that's when we had smaller squads.