Ask Brown a question

4 hours ago, yahoorsir said:

I have kept quiet over this Summer's debacle until now but the bottom line is that I have had a season ticket now for over 30 years and like the Chairman I can't be arsed. Given the absolute shambles of this transfer window and the Chairman clearly not giving a toss, I am seriously considering not using my season ticket as I have no stomach to watch absolute pish on the pitch week after week. I have gone home and away to the bottom of the second division with St Johnstone and enjoyed the climb backup despite the various relegations in between but since the cup win my enthusiasm has waned under Steve Brown's woeful stewardship. I wouldn't mind the inevitable relegation  if we actually gave ourselves a fighting chance and would continue to support the team but for now I have more enthusiasm for weeding the garden than I do going to a Saints game.

For those supporters that do continue to stick by them well done but I for one have had enough.

As for giving up a Thursday night to attend something like this, you must be joking. I will be giving it a wide body swerve as I see absolutely no point in attending and suspect many others will too. I doubt if 20 people will turn up on the night. When that happens you can then hear the moans from the Chairman of why bother when no one will even bother turning up to an open forum. Still he's bomb proof!

Could of written this myself. Season ticket holder since 83, was relatively young when the slide happened so I guess it's been mostly good times, with the last 10 years being the peak. However I have found myself more and more disillusioned with it. Seems to be certainly from an 'outsiders' perspective that an apathy has set in since the cup final. Winning a cup or reaching a goal I guess can go one of two ways, you get a taste for it and strive to repeat it on or you relax. It seems to be the latter. 

To be fair I think part of my feeling is not just Saints fault I feel this way, its Scottish football as a whole. Allowing The Rangers to exist and ride rough shod over the whole system, where others went to the wall showed up Scottish football for what it really is and quite frankly, what's the point.

I have my season ticket, however personal circumstances at the moment mean I don't feel obliged to go and I don't really feel guilty. I certainly didnt feel the need to turn up to our past home games this season to watch such an unfinished product.

I would recommend SJFC purchase and develop Barossa Street club to give fans a base in town from which functions can take place, strips etc can sold and busses to away games can be run. This could develop into a significant income stream 

Guest ScottMann

Is your Dad, the owner of St Johnstone, genuinely happy with the running of the club and does he have no concerns at all about what could be construed as the early stages of its decline? 

OK! Here's another............Steve! ...How much do you think it will cost the club to escape from the Championship  League!...........Answer! He hasn't a clue...........Neither do we!............ How many years will we be in the 2nd tier?.......Erm no idea.....I really don't want to see Saints rattle down the leagues but it's happened before and it can happen again with bad management.

HI probably have no right to enter this discussion.  I only pay at the gate on the occasions I am able to attend games. I like many others of my age was a regular supporter in the Ormond times, but as other commitments take over life, football is a rare luxury. In my eyes, this decline happened straight after Saints won the Scottish cup.  I recall one interview with Brown who was doom and gloom even then.. He may well be a successful business man on his fathers coat tail, but his running of the club  is shocking. The Stevie May debacle only highlights this.   This was a signing that would have given the club a huge lift, instead we are being lincked with all the usual misfits which adds no bums on seats.  I for one would certainly have  made the effort to come back to see Stevie play for us again., and I suspect I am not alone in that thought. Was he our saviour, I doubt it, not unless tactics change. But Brown took the chance to show his superior negotiating skills and ****ed it up. Browns are the saviours of this club?   I suspect Bruce Mc Dairmid and Asdas are nearer the truth on that one.  Anyway, fire away all you proper supporters.  After all it is called a forum.