Ask Brown a question

39 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

HI probably have no right to enter this discussion.  I only pay at the gate on the occasions I am able to attend games. I like many others of my age was a regular supporter in the Ormond times, but as other commitments take over life, football is a rare luxury. In my eyes, this decline happened straight after Saints won the Scottish cup.  I recall one interview with Brown who was doom and gloom even then.. He may well be a successful business man on his fathers coat tail, but his running of the club  is shocking. The Stevie May debacle only highlights this.   This was a signing that would have given the club a huge lift, instead we are being lincked with all the usual misfits which adds no bums on seats.  I for one would certainly have  made the effort to come back to see Stevie play for us again., and I suspect I am not alone in that thought. Was he our saviour, I doubt it, not unless tactics change. But Brown took the chance to show his superior negotiating skills and ****ed it up. Browns are the saviours of this club?   I suspect Bruce Mc Dairmid and Asdas are nearer the truth on that one.  Anyway, fire away all you proper supporters.  After all it is called a forum.

You have every right to make your post. Your points are valid and point to long term problems within the club which have never been addressed.

5 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

HI probably have no right to enter this discussion.  I only pay at the gate on the occasions I am able to attend games. I like many others of my age was a regular supporter in the Ormond times, but as other commitments take over life, football is a rare luxury. In my eyes, this decline happened straight after Saints won the Scottish cup.  I recall one interview with Brown who was doom and gloom even then.. He may well be a successful business man on his fathers coat tail, but his running of the club  is shocking. The Stevie May debacle only highlights this.   This was a signing that would have given the club a huge lift, instead we are being lincked with all the usual misfits which adds no bums on seats.  I for one would certainly have  made the effort to come back to see Stevie play for us again., and I suspect I am not alone in that thought. Was he our saviour, I doubt it, not unless tactics change. But Brown took the chance to show his superior negotiating skills and ****ed it up. Browns are the saviours of this club?   I suspect Bruce Mc Dairmid and Asdas are nearer the truth on that one.  Anyway, fire away all you proper supporters.  After all it is called a forum.

Free speach on this forum Brother Farmer.

On 8/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, Muirton's Bairn said:

Someone should ask Mr Brown to hold a discussion on opening up the whole of McDiarmid to any club capable of filling the stands. We stare at empty seats with flags on and they could be generating cash for the club. This would generate income for all smaller clubs as well if they did the same.

Also, start out and reform the way supporters are treated around the grounds. They could use a better registration and trusted away support system. Allocation can still be controlled by the visiting teams on their ballot draw selection but no reason Saints can not intervene at their own discretion. Step out of line and you will be handed a lifetime ban on all SFA sites. Obviously the crime must be serious. Songbooks are part of the 90 mins entertainment. We're not needing safe space PC snowflake roasters at the fitbaw.

Even Rangers have started a "Anywhere anyone" scheme. It's time a new approach was looked into in other grounds. Perhaps a SFA issued smart card for away supporters. Start treating even the likes of celt*c as humans and stop the steward hassle and body searches. Any pyro's and the area in question has a ban of 5 seats radius. Easy to control with smart cards. Not you at the game ? Tough, it's your card and your problem regardless who starts it. Need money for new turnstyles , well the SNP are always chucking money away, get a sports grant instead of spunking it on rubbish schemes like train station signs or junk, free education degrees for foreigners. Get a grant for the sporting nations health.

Look, Scottish football is in trouble and we all know it. At least something has to be done. How difficult would it be to have an away smart card for any club? It wouldn't. It would be easy. Remember, any supporter turning up at Hampden is on camera and stored by Glesga polis. The vans are all over collecting data. They just don't admit it. So data collection and registration is by consent. It's all easy to do, just need the drive to succeed.

I thought this was one of the worst posts I’ve read on here, but then I went to read your previous posts and the good news is your other posts are just as bad. 

On 8/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, Muirton's Bairn said:

Someone should ask Mr Brown to hold a discussion on opening up the whole of McDiarmid to any club capable of filling the stands. We stare at empty seats with flags on and they could be generating cash for the club. This would generate income for all smaller clubs as well if they did the same.

Also, start out and reform the way supporters are treated around the grounds. They could use a better registration and trusted away support system. Allocation can still be controlled by the visiting teams on their ballot draw selection but no reason Saints can not intervene at their own discretion. Step out of line and you will be handed a lifetime ban on all SFA sites. Obviously the crime must be serious. Songbooks are part of the 90 mins entertainment. We're not needing safe space PC snowflake roasters at the fitbaw.

Even Rangers have started a "Anywhere anyone" scheme. It's time a new approach was looked into in other grounds. Perhaps a SFA issued smart card for away supporters. Start treating even the likes of celt*c as humans and stop the steward hassle and body searches. Any pyro's and the area in question has a ban of 5 seats radius. Easy to control with smart cards. Not you at the game ? Tough, it's your card and your problem regardless who starts it. Need money for new turnstyles , well the SNP are always chucking money away, get a sports grant instead of spunking it on rubbish schemes like train station signs or junk, free education degrees for foreigners. Get a grant for the sporting nations health.

Look, Scottish football is in trouble and we all know it. At least something has to be done. How difficult would it be to have an away smart card for any club? It wouldn't. It would be easy. Remember, any supporter turning up at Hampden is on camera and stored by Glesga polis. The vans are all over collecting data. They just don't admit it. So data collection and registration is by consent. It's all easy to do, just need the drive to succeed.

I'll bite. (Not having flags aside), why should saints give up any extra seats to Rangers or Celtic? Given this is clearly what you are getting at. Money aside (which we clearly don't spend anyway), why should any club give up any sort of home advantage? Would you advocate your rangers giving half your stadium to Celtic? Re the trusted away support. I'd argue that given certain teams fans performance, both at McD and elsewhere, the majority cannot be trusted. If a team sells a ticket to say seat D23 to a supporter, take their name and if whoever is in that seat acts up, the names person is banned from ALL stadiums. Better still, the club responsible for that fan an others, should be punished. 

What would your view on the punishment for a stand full singing sectarian songs be?

Clearly you have an issue with the SNP and immigration, so politics aside, the govt shouldn't be giving any grants to football. There is enough fans and professional clubs in Scotland, so why should the govt give football any more money when the clubs should do more. Surely encouraging all sports  especially the less supported an non professional ones would be a better use of funds.

Re the collection of fans data, if you don't act like a total bigoted tube and go to a football game and act like a normal human being in a public setting, then why should you have anything to fear?

Saints and Brown have many failings, but the issues you raised are none of saints concern. We support saints because they are our club and the opposite of what you propose. We have 'Songbooks' that don't feel the need to hark back 3 centuries or belittle whole cultures or races. I'd rather have empty stands than stands full of dinosaurs thanks. 

The fact Celtic and Rangers sign an agreement every Summer with the other 10 clubs, that theyll be liable for any damage caused by their fans, and both end up spending hundreds of thousands sorely on that every season, should highlight why a full stadium of them isnt a good idea.

Although we could always claim they ruined the car park...

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

How often do you think you should communicate with the support through the media? 

This is our biggest problem. There should be a constant feed of social media from all levels. Footage from the training ground, weekly interviews from all levels of the club from the Chairman down. 

I’d scrap the play by play nonsense on match day on Twitter.

I’m not talking about reinventing the wheel here, NFL teams have been doing all this superbly for a very long time and while they clearly have very different budgets, we could imitate their style to some degree. 

The more you drum St Johnstone into people’s daily lives, the more access you give people, the more they demand and the more likely they are to choose Saints on a Saturday.

Thinking outside the box, I would also look at having a semi permanent stage erected in the grounds of the stadium, have local bands and other entertainment on from 11 or 12. Activities for the kids. Beat the keeper, 5 a side, face painting etc and have a bar for the adults, merch stands outside that you can’t miss. All this while the weather is  semi decent.

Get people there early spending money. Home and away fans. 

Making an event of match day is what football in this country desperately needs. 

I went to 3 NFL games last year in London at £100 a ticket per game for 2 of us, none included the team I actually support and didn’t leave feeling short changed despite parting with best part of a grand for 3 match days before hotels and travel expenses.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

This is our biggest problem. There should be a constant feed of social media from all levels. Footage from the training ground, weekly interviews from all levels of the club from the Chairman down. 

I’d scrap the play by play nonsense on match day on Twitter.

I’m not talking about reinventing the wheel here, NFL teams have been doing all this superbly for a very long time and while they clearly have very different budgets, we could imitate their style to some degree. 

The more you drum St Johnstone into people’s daily lives, the more access you give people, the more they demand and the more likely they are to choose Saints on a Saturday.

Thinking outside the box, I would also look at having a semi permanent stage erected in the grounds of the stadium, have local bands and other entertainment on from 11 or 12. Activities for the kids. Beat the keeper, 5 a side, face painting etc and have a bar for the adults, merch stands outside that you can’t miss. All this while the weather is  semi decent.

Get people there early spending money. Home and away fans. 

Making an event of match day is what football in this country desperately needs. 

I went to 3 NFL games last year in London at £100 a ticket per game for 2 of us, none included the team I actually support and didn’t leave feeling short changed despite parting with best part of a grand for 3 match days before hotels and travel expenses.

You’ve got the gig.

How about this for a money spinner Mr Chairman. 

Get planning permission, knock down the Ormond stand and replace it with flats. 

2 deep, half facing pitch other half facing car park. 

About one third of the cost of a new build is the land. Saints own the land so the profit per unit sold would be enormous, possibly 50k plus profit per unit. 

Build across and 5 high to about the height of the top of the Ormond and you could be looking at 120 min flats possibly up to 160.

Profit between 6 and 8 million for the club to invest in the team

East Stand gets split. Two thirds home 1 third away. Overnight fantastic atmosphere created with saints fans all together. 

East Stand can be all saints as and when required. 

Loss of about 800 seats for old firm fans but that is nothing compared to millions extra in the bank. 

Potential 3oo plus folk on site  could see the bar open say Wednesday through Sunday and possibly restaurant 1 or 2 nights creating  extra revenue. 

Bulletproof glass or see through fencing erected behind goal. 

No idea about how feasible this would be but sure flats would sell with both saints fans and SSE staff just down the road interested. 

2 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

About one third of the cost of a new build is the land. Saints own the land so the profit per unit sold would be enormous, possibly 50k plus profit per unit. 

Build across and 5 high to about the height of the top of the Ormond and you could be looking at 120 min flats possibly up to 160.

East Stand gets split. Two thirds home 1 third away. Overnight fantastic atmosphere created with saints fans all together. 

Loss of about 800 seats for old firm fans but that is nothing compared to millions extra in the bank. 

Potential 3oo plus folk on site  could see the bar open say Wednesday through Sunday and possibly restaurant 1 or 2 nights creating  extra revenue. 

No idea about how feasible this would be but sure flats would sell with both saints fans and SSE staff just down the road interested. 

Don’t drive while you been drinking 

3 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Swap with Asda and go home .

easy peasy, close to the town ,close to amenities, and hopefully re connect with a fan base.

out of town grounds are pish

15 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Great idea.

However One big drawback.

Perth and Kinross Council planning department don't like Saints and even more so, the Broons.

They even objected to the G.S.Brown sign on the back of the North stand, stating the Blue colour was the wrong shade.

Those of you with a longer memories will recall that Geoff's application to have a hotel built at McDiarmid was flatly (excuse the pun) refused by P..K.C.

Furthermore, there was the fiasco regarding the training pitch behind the East Stand.

They'd have more chance of Michael Flatley appearing at McD than flats.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Great idea.

Perth and Kinross Council planning department don't like Saints and even more so, the Broons.

They even objected to the G.S.Brown sign on the back of the North stand, stating the Blue colour was the wrong shade.

Those of you with a longer memories will recall that Geoff's application to have a hotel built at McDiarmid was flatly (excuse the pun) refused by P..K.C.

Furthermore, there was the fiasco regarding the training pitch behind the East Stand.

Council have objected ,backed up by the Scottish government to a sign at the retail park that is TOO red.

No wonder retailers are struggling.

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Great idea.

Can Flatley play up front?