Sign in to follow this  
Ginger Bakers rebel army

Ask Brown a question

Recommended Posts

Nice to see such sensible and measured comments after all the rubbish spouted over the past few weeks. We all need to truly support the club as best we can as we have no god given right to be in the league we are in nor play at the level we do!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Paulo for the quantity and quality of your reporting.  We are all the better informed for your writing and you have given much to interpret, ponder and think on.  

COYS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Broon and co. Paulo - please get a job with Saints.

Does sound like the club is to be, or rather continues to be, up for sale, which I got machine-gunned for suggesting the other week (which is fair enough, it’s a forum). Whether it’s a rich individual, an investment body, or fan-ownership remains to be seen. Scottish football seems to be very slowly starting to attract investment again, and now might be the best time to look around before Dundee or the Arabs fek it up again and the moneymen run for the hills again. Perhaps next summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Well done Broon and co. Paulo - please get a job with Saints.

Does sound like the club is to be, or rather continues to be, up for sale, which I got machine-gunned for suggesting the other week (which is fair enough, it’s a forum). Whether it’s a rich individual, an investment body, or fan-ownership remains to be seen. Scottish football seems to be very slowly starting to attract investment again, and now might be the best time to look around before Dundee or the Arabs fek it up again and the moneymen run for the hills again. Perhaps next summer?

Does Steve Brown have the authority to put the club up for sale, is he not just the chairman? He moving on wouldn't necessarily mean the club needs to be sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Well done Broon and co. Paulo - please get a job with Saints.

Does sound like the club is to be, or rather continues to be, up for sale, which I got machine-gunned for suggesting the other week (which is fair enough, it’s a forum). Whether it’s a rich individual, an investment body, or fan-ownership remains to be seen. Scottish football seems to be very slowly starting to attract investment again, and now might be the best time to look around before Dundee or the Arabs fek it up again and the moneymen run for the hills again. Perhaps next summer?

The club has been for sale for the last 20 years but only to the right type of buyer for Saints.

Asset strippers need not apply.

Edited by Templar Saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

Does Steve Brown have the authority to put the club up for sale, is he not just the chairman? He moving on wouldn't necessarily mean the club needs to be sold.

As I understand it, Stevie runs it but his Dad still owns it. I may be wrong, and “owns” can mean forty different things these days anyway. But he said in his notorious speech (now, after last night, officially redesignated a motivational and wise rallying-call) that he didn’t see the family hanging on to it. Can’t see them just putting in a new face - they would want paid and the Broons would still carry all the risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

As I understand it, Stevie runs it but his Dad still owns it. I may be wrong, and “owns” can mean forty different things these days anyway. But he said in his notorious speech (now, after last night, officially redesignated a motivational and wise rallying-call) that he didn’t see the family hanging on to it. Can’t see them just putting in a new face - they would want paid and the Broons would still carry all the risk.

If he wanted to step down in the short term, from the sounds of it, one of the other board members could step up to chairman. 

When Geoff announced Steve was taking over he had said he would remain majority shareholder.  I don't think they will be looking for money at all, just the right hands to leave the club in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

If he wanted to step down in the short term, from the sounds of it, one of the other board members could step up to chairman. 

When Geoff announced Steve was taking over he had said he would remain majority shareholder.  I don't think they will be looking for money at all, just the right hands to leave the club in.

Steve must be retiring age by now is he not ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear the feedback. Interesting stats and reviews. Sounds like an open night.

Really Interesting about Chairman Brown potentially leaving in the future in addition to the loss of the Dundee clubs to our revenue. How I miss the Tayside derbies!!

Hate the Old Firm and would be annoyed if they got 3 stands, but money talks.

If we have fans upset about sectarian abuse from Rangers" fans" then that's not good. , We can't live in a country where clubs sing abuse against a particularly faith. SFA let it happen though.

Hope there are strategies to increase support and get the young team back.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ss75990 said:

Are the club planning on making this an annual event? It seems to have been very beneficial in letting the fans know where we stand financially and what the plans for the club are.

I think it’s to be more frequent than annually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ss75990 said:

Are the club planning on making this an annual event? It seems to have been very beneficial in letting the fans know where we stand financially and what the plans for the club are.

Agree it has been beneficial but that's been down to Pauloperth's great reporting. 

Have saints issued anything at all post event? I am not aware but am not in the email loop. 

Brown obviously did us proud at the end of the transfer window but unless I have missed some press release from Brown re the event none of us would be any the wiser if it had not been reported on by Pauloperth. 

I hope there are more of these and I hope they are also open to non season ticket holders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Agree it has been beneficial but that's been down to Pauloperth's great reporting. 

Have saints issued anything at all post event? I am not aware but am not in the email loop. 

Brown obviously did us proud at the end of the transfer window but unless I have missed some press release from Brown re the event none of us would be any the wiser if it had not been reported on by Pauloperth. 

I hope there are more of these and I hope they are also open to non season ticket holders. 

I beg to differ. If not @PauloPerth then I, or someone else, would have done it. Paulo did such a good job that no one else’s input added very much more. If I were the club I wouldn’t officially issue anything other than a statement saying the event has been held. I’d certainly not provide details. No recording and no phones so that a more frank discussion could take place, and some sensitive financial information could be shared. There were no bulletproof type comments either. There will be more but not sure if quarterly, annually or who it would be open to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, andrew said:

I beg to differ. If not @PauloPerth then I, or someone else, would have done it. Paulo did such a good job that no one else’s input added very much more. If I were the club I wouldn’t officially issue anything other than a statement saying the event has been held. I’d certainly not provide details. No recording and no phones so that a more frank discussion could take place, and some sensitive financial information could be shared. There were no bulletproof type comments either. There will be more but not sure if quarterly, annually or who it would be open to.

The event was advertised on saints website. Since it took place it has not been mentioned. 

To keep the PR moving along from the event all the club needed to do was issue a general statement about who represented the club. how many attended, a favour for the topics discussed and when the next one is planned etc. 

No details required to be given on financial matters, Paulo Perth was giving the inside track from a fans point of view, there has been silence from the club as if the event did not take place. That's just not good enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

The event was advertised on saints website. Since it took place it has not been mentioned. 

To keep the PR moving along from the event all the club needed to do was issue a general statement about who represented the club. how many attended, a favour for the topics discussed and when the next one is planned etc. 

No details required to be given on financial matters, Paulo Perth was giving the inside track from a fans point of view, there has been silence from the club as if the event did not take place. That's just not good enough. 

What would it add? We’ve got everything on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

The event was advertised on saints website. Since it took place it has not been mentioned. 

To keep the PR moving along from the event all the club needed to do was issue a general statement about who represented the club. how many attended, a favour for the topics discussed and when the next one is planned etc. 

No details required to be given on financial matters, Paulo Perth was giving the inside track from a fans point of view, there has been silence from the club as if the event did not take place. That's just not good enough. 

Club probably saw the detail Paulo gave & thought it covered it & doubt if there are many that check the OS that don't check on here.

Belated congratulations to Paulo for his coverage of the event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Club probably saw the detail Paulo gave & thought it covered it & doubt if there are many that check the OS that don't check on here.

Belated congratulations to Paulo for his coverage of the event.

You couldn’t have missed the point harder if you tried 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ss75990 said:

Are the club planning on making this an annual event? It seems to have been very beneficial in letting the fans know where we stand financially and what the plans for the club are.

It is to be every 3 or 4 months I believe 

But those having already attended will not be allowed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, andrew said:

What would it add? We’ve got everything on here.

It would reach a much larger audience than the few that are still using WAP. I have had discussions over the past 35+ years with various people at Saints begging them to improve their communication with the fans but have seen very little to no improvement in all that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

It would reach a much larger audience than the few that are still using WAP. I have had discussions over the past 35+ years with various people at Saints begging them to improve their communication with the fans but have seen very little to no improvement in all that time.

Yes, I don’t disagree. @PauloPerth also posted on P&B. But if they can’t put  sensitive information out on the website and just say they held a meeting, that serves little purpose. In that small context I don’t feel there’s anything to be gained. For example they came as close as they could to revealing figures (albeit closer to management accounts) before the shareholders saw them (statutory or audited accounts). On that point, someone asked about opening up the shareholding. Let’s see how this idea develops. I think enough were there to spread the word around those who didn’t make it. Maybe next time there’ll be a bigger audience. It was revealing that we have little over 700 adult season ticket holders, less than half.

Edited by andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this