Player contracts and transfers

David123

If Partick go down would like to see us think about Higginbotham at Thistle. He's a creative little player with loads of talent. Far too good to go down. If they stay up I doubt we could afford a fee.

If Thistle go down, I think most of the league would be looking at Higginbotham. I don't think they will go down though and despite the arrogance of some of their fans towards Saints and our style of play, I hope they don't.

If Wright can retain all the guys he wants to then we don't need much this summer. A midfielder with a left foot (Liam Craig would be ideal) and a big striker to replace Iwelumo. Scott Vernon would be a guy I'd be happy with.

Lee Croft a possible target for Aberdeen or Hibs, http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/471900/Hibs-and-Dons-trailing-Croft total pish in my book. Looks like his agent stirring it up for more money during negotiations with Saints.

Looks like a bit of interest in Croft here in S. Yorks. http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-blades-agree-kit-deal-as-croft-features-on-clough-s-radar-1-6576164

By my calculation we have 11 First team squad players whose contracts expire this summer

Goalkeepers:15 Steve Banks  35 - Mark Hurst

Defenders: 6 - Steven Anderson 19 - Gary Miller

Midfielders 4 - Paddy Cregg 12 - James Dunne 18 - Murray Davidson 22 - Lee Croft

Forwards 9 - Steven MacLean 11 - Nigel Hasselbaink 25 - Chris Iwelumo

I my opinion it is essentials that we try our utmost to sign:

6 - Steven Anderson 19 - Gary Miller 12 - James Dunne 18 Murray Davidson 22 - Lee Croft and Steven MacLean

If they do not sign who do we get to replace them and can we afford their transfer fee and salary

In my opinion we cannot afford to carry 3 Goalkeepers 2 plus under 20 keeper would be sufficient

Central defender I would try for Darren Barr He was outstanding at Falkirk and in the Scotland squad but when he was transferred to Hearts they used him a cover and played him at fullback and he went into the wilderness. Played at Kilmarnock this season (out of contract 2014). Also out of Contract is Stephen McManus either would be a leader in the heart of our defense.

Full back Van Zanten contract expires this season so he is a possibility

Centre Midfield Kevin Thomson is an option if he does not get a new contract

Attacking midfielder Rocco Quinn is available

Forward Kane Hemmings I would sign him as at this time in the squad we only have two recognized forwards May and McLean

As I stated at the start I would prefer our present squad players to resign but we need a contingency plan as Players will now be looking elsewhere if they do not get contracts and we must not miss the boat.

Edited by Inchcolm

I think it may Lazy journalism Sheffield Saint , It was Clough that  punted Croft out at Derby, anybody putting a search on the web on lee croft and the teams that are reported to be interested will pop up, Ie Sheff Utd ball boy fracas, Rotherham was on trial before he came to saints, Hibs scored on his Debut for saints against them Aberdeen missed the chance in the semi final. funny how all these teams are interested him   :wink:

What are your suggestions if all those out of contract don't sign

Tbf she's got a valid point. Those suggestions are laughable.

Van Zantan, can't even get a game for St Mirren for goodness sake. I'd imagine Rodgers will step up as cover, Paul McGinn's a name a lot of teams will look at, I'd hope us too. That's just much better suggestion.

You forgot *** Clancy

By my calculation we have 11 First team squad players whose contracts expire this summer

Goalkeepers:15 Steve Banks  35 - Mark Hurst

Defenders: 6 - Steven Anderson 19 - Gary Miller

Midfielders 4 - Paddy Cregg 12 - James Dunne 18 - Murray Davidson 22 - Lee Croft

Forwards 9 - Steven MacLean 11 - Nigel Hasselbaink 25 - Chris Iwelumo

I my opinion it is essentials that we try our utmost to sign:

6 - Steven Anderson 19 - Gary Miller 12 - James Dunne 18 Murray Davidson 22 - Lee Croft and Steven MacLean

If they do not sign who do we get to replace them and can we afford their transfer fee and salary

In my opinion we cannot afford to carry 3 Goalkeepers 2 plus under 20 keeper would be sufficient

Central defender I would try for Darren Barr He was outstanding at Falkirk and in the Scotland squad but when he was transferred to Hearts they used him a cover and played him at fullback and he went into the wilderness. Played at Kilmarnock this season (out of contract 2014). Also out of Contract is Stephen McManus either would be a leader in the heart of our defense.

Full back Van Zanten contract expires this season so he is a possibility

Centre Midfield Kevin Thomson is an option if he does not get a new contract

Attacking midfielder Rocco Quinn is available

Forward Kane Hemmings I would sign him as at this time in the squad we only have two recognized forwards May and McLean

As I stated at the start I would prefer our present squad players to resign but we need a contingency plan as Players will now be looking elsewhere if they do not get contracts and we must not miss the boat.

If Partick go down would like to see us think about Higginbotham at Thistle. He's a creative little player with loads of talent. Far too good to go down. If they stay up I doubt we could afford a fee.

If he's under contract then he would cost a fee whether Partick go down or not.

Tbf she's got a valid point. Those suggestions are laughable.

Van Zantan, can't even get a game for St Mirren for goodness sake. I'd imagine Rodgers will step up as cover, Paul McGinn's a name a lot of teams will look at, I'd hope us too. That's just much better suggestion.

I don't think suggesting Kane Hemmings is laughable, the guy is a very good prospect.

Am I the only one not fussed about of lee croft stays or not? Has shown very little since Christmas and O'halloran seems a far better option. Substantial wage as well.

Don't agree. He arrived here unfit. Has had a few niggles. With a good pre- season could be a key player next season.

Remember he was all set to start in semi-final until he picked up an injury.

Am I the only one not fussed about of lee croft stays or not? Has shown very little since Christmas and O'halloran seems a far better option. Substantial wage as well.

He's obviously a good player and a run in the side will show us that IMO. We know what he can do as he's performed well for us in the past and performed well in England last year. If Nigel goes then there's plenty room for both of them IMO.

If he's under contract then he would cost a fee whether Partick go down or not.

He is on a 2 year contract. I'd rather blood Kane through.

Likewise for all these average players others are spouting. Van Zanten?? Vernon?? C'mon its scraping the barrel. We are an established top 6 club, not relegation fodder.

Scott Vernon has played the equivalent of 13 games for Aberdeen this season and scored 6 goals. He reached double figures (15 goals then 13 goals) in his first couple of seasons at Aberdeen. McInnes clearly doesn't fancy him, not helped by the fact he prefers one up front and has to try and justify his big summer signing of Calvin Zola.

Vernon is not just a big option but a decent footballer (he played central midfield against us last season) and has shown he can score goals off the bench (five of his six this season) which is likely what his role would be here.