Player contracts and transfers

David123

inchcolm (sorry the quote button isn't woking) the sums you have would be right if that was the only wages the playing side had. What we need to add in to that is:

Club physios 2

Club Doc

Coaches x2

Manager

Fitness Coach/sports scientist

Under 20 players

so I reckon you would need to add on 50% again to that and also that is based on a basic wage you would have bonuses on that to.

I just hope to God now we have won the cup, we feel we have reached a pinicle (which we have) and while we need to be careful of budgets as we will probably go backwards at some point and need to plan for that.

However we cannot do that this year, if seasion ticket uptake is to be beleived added to the general interest in Saints in the surrounding areas, we need to have a good season next year or these new fans will soon dissapear.  Its been 3 wonderfull years that have finally got the interest of some, one bad season at this stage will undo that.

Not too dissapointed we have lost out on BadFanny, but it is concerning that there is apparently nothing there at present to get what look to be the managers first choices in.  Even if we are waiting on final figuers we still have a percentage of the players who have lefts wages to play with

Was just looking at old posts on P&B and stumbled on an early Radford squad list..

Isn't it amazing how much better our squad is now to then, and all this while having a lower budget and less players. Seems like a lifetime ago..

ST JOHNSTONE FC - SQUAD 2010/11

Goalkeepers
15. Graeme Smith (27) - May 2011
1. Peter Enckelman (33) - May 2012

Defenders
5. Kevin Rutkiewicz (30) - May 2011
12. Steven Anderson (24) - May 2012
17. Graham Gartland (27) - May 2012
12. Dave Mackay (30) - May 2013
3. Danny Grainger (24) - May 2011
6. Michael Duberry (34) - May 2011
19. Alan Maybury (32) - May 2011

Midfielders
14. Kevin Moon (23) - May 2011
8. Martin Hardie (34) - Dec 2010
10. Liam Craig (23) - May 2011
4. Jody Morris (31) - May 2012
7. Chris Millar (27) - May 2012
20. Murray Davidson (22) - May 2013
24. Jamie Adams (22) - May 2012 (On loan to Dundee - Dec 2010)
11. Cleveland Taylor (26) - May 2011
Jennison Myrie-Williams (22) - Dec 2010

Forwards
16. Peter MacDonald (29) - Dec 2010
23. Andy Jackson (22) - Dec 2010
22. Steven Milne (30) - May 2011
21. Collin Samuel (28) - May 2011
18. Scott Dobie (31) - May 2011
9. Sam Parkin (29) - May 2012
27. Marcus Haber (21) - May 2011 (On loan from WBA)

SEVEN senior strikers  :laugh:

That was the year where we started the season with 7 strikers and 5 fit defenders! We also had May and Reynolds, both expected to do great things. Isn't that the year we scored 24 league goals too!?

We now have 6 defenders (which I can cope with) and 2 senior strikers, with Kane coming through. The squad now certainly opens the door for more youth players.

That was the year where we started the season with 7 strikers and 5 fit defenders! We also had May and Reynolds, both expected to do great things. Isn't that the year we scored 24 league goals too!?

We now have 6 defenders (which I can cope with) and 2 senior strikers, with Kane coming through. The squad now certainly opens the door for more youth players.

Yeah it was the infamous 24 goal season, it was also the Motherwell Semi-Final season. Maybe it was a mistake bringing that season back up  :o

RETRACT! RETRACT! RETRACT!

We were rumoured to have signed him a couple of years ago too - I'm sure he had a trial with us.

According to Wikipedia (which obviously isn't always entirely accurate) he's scored 12 league goals in the last 10 years, with the most he's ever scored in a season being 3...

Stats show a journeyman of little quality, very sad if that is the budget we have at the moment.  Could be another Iwelumo :sad:

If I had any advice for St Johnstone now it would be to not announce the signing of some random league 2 player in England who had struggled to score goals throughout his career. He will immediately be seen as a panic signing and will be compared to Goodwillie. He will fail, just as all league 2 strikers have up here and the club will ripped by the fan base for the next month solid for taking the cheap option.

Goodwillie probably got our hopes up and let us imagine we were able to capture a high calibre player. In reality, he was never going to sign for saints.

I await the signing of some Parkin/Fallon/Dobie/Taylor/Iwelumo type player.

Or, I'd be delighted if we just brought back Paddy and Hasslebaink.

Edited by Broon

If I had any advice for St Johnstone now it would be to not announce the signing of some random league 2 player in England who had struggled to score goals throughout his career. He will immediately be seen as a panic signing and will be compared to Goodwillie. He will fail, just as all league 2 strikers have up here and the club will ripped by the fan base for the next month solid for taking the cheap option.

Goodwillie probably got our hopes up and let us imagine we were able to capture a high calibre player. In reality, he was never going to sign for saints.

Aberdeen fans seem to believe hes only on £2k a week at most, and TW had already publicly said he'd be interested in signing for us

I await the signing of some Parkin/Fallon/Dobie/Taylor/Iwelumo type player.

Or, I'd be delighted if we just brought back Paddy and Hasslebaink.

Agree with all this tbh. The people who we can realistically recruit are dwindling all the time, so it will come to the point where we either gamble on another Iwelumo type (Calvin Andrew, seemingly) or get lucky with a quality player who's maybe not got the offers he perhaps expected earlier in the summer (Fran Sandaza immediately springs to mind a few years back).