Player contracts and transfers

David123

He's going out on loan because they don't want to play him. He supposedly has had a great pre-season. The United fans on Pie and Bovril don't seem to be slating him, in fact they think he hasn't been given a chance due to being dropped to the bench so often. The fact folk are comparing him to Fallon is hilarious. He is nothing like Fallon. It is not a panic buy, Wright has wanted Graham for sometime.

I would imagine if he had a great pre season United wouldn`t be punting him. especially to prospective top 6 contender.

Talking to a Raith supporting mate, who's missus' family are UTD fans, so he's seen a bit of him. He's also of the opinion he's a decent second tier player but most we can hope for is 10 goals a season. To be honest if he chips in with that and we have any three of the players(any of McLean, O'Hallaron, Croft, Lappin, Wotherspoon) behind him doing similar, we should be alright. I think we're pretty well set for this season.

What a shock, Saints sign a player and the usual band-wagon starts up slating the guy before he has even kicked a ball for us.

Like it or not, he is with us for  a season at least, so give him a chance and back the guy.

His scoring record and experience is streets ahead of the french guy people were raving about last week.

Graham is decent. 7 goals but only 11 starts. A shitload of sub appearances though. United fans don't like him because he's limited (a large number of United fans never liked Daly for the same reason) and he has missed a couple of sitters, mainly the one that would have beaten Celtic at Parkhead last season. If given plenty of games he'll bang in around 15 goals for Saints.

Some people seem to have ridiculous expectations about the kind of player we could have looked to bring in. I'm pretty happy with this, think he'll do alright.

I still think we could do with another striker, but I suppose we have 3 now with Maclean, Graham and Morgan (assuming Kane goes out on loan), and I don't see Brown allowing another in.

Some of the members on here amuse me. They spend the whole close season since the Cup win critisising the board for everything apart from the weather, but most of all for not signing any new players. Now we have three on board in Morgan, Lappin and Graham, yet people still want to be critical before even seeing Graham play for us. Graham has a decent scoring record per starting appearances and I trust Tommy. Lappin appeared from off the radar, and from the short time I saw him on Saturday I think he will be a decent acquisition. Graham will also be wearing a Saints shirt from now on so let's reserve judgement and get behind him and the club!!!

Did Stevie brown not say if somebody gave him 180k he'd sign 3 players I see if Celtic get into the campions league we get 104k so we should be able to bring in at least an extra 2 players now

Brown still waiting for new investor! Celtic got what they deserved. Rather go without the two extra players thank you!

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

My pal is a Rovers fan and would love him back there. He has a cult status there scoring every week.

I'd have rather kept playing Kane but if Kane goes out to a championship club for a loan period for the season it will help us next season.

I think Kane could do a job for us but if he has to go on loan I hope we keep our options open & make it just until January initially.

Nothing like giving the guy a chance.

He's bound to be a better option than Fallon or Iwelumo so I'll give him time.

A few United fans I know said that he should get us 10 goals minimum if we give him regular game time. How many players have we had score more than that in Premier league in a season!?

We were never going to replaces May with a exciting signing that would get us 25+ goals. Let's hope between Macca, Morgan. Graham and the midfield we cover most of the goals lost.

Reading between the lines. Tommy wanted to buy an experienced striker to replace May but we were too far into the window and nobody was available. Consequently to tide us over we signed an experienced striker on loan. I expect us to try to buy someone in January. To be fair he does give us a dynamic we have missed. I don't see him playing alongside MacLean though so fully expect a 4-5-1 all season. Would prefer we kept Kane and played him in a 4-4-2.

Happy enough with that.

Don't really rate him but then again his goal record is decent in the Championship, and he scored more goals than Hasselbaink last season. If he can chip in with a similar total this season than he'll have been a success. 

He's coming in as second choice, and I can't see us abandoning the one up top formation which has served us so well over the past few seasons. When chasing games, or when TW decides it, then I think he might work well with MacLean, as Graham seems to like waiting in the box for the ball, which would take the pressure off Macca. It should also allow Kane to go out on loan, as quite simply he's not ready yet and would benefit far more from regular football.

Was very highly rated by Grant Murray at Raith, everytime I have seen him seems to get into to scoring positions but lacked a bit of composure, but compared to Fallon and Iwelumo at least he is getting into those positions and looks a threat, maybe just needs a run in the team to start scoring regularly like he did in the lower leagues. At least another option in the squad, which looks a lot better than two or three weeks ago.

Some of the members on here amuse me. They spend the whole close season since the Cup win critisising the board for everything apart from the weather, but most of all for not signing any new players. Now we have three on board in Morgan, Lappin and Graham, yet people still want to be critical before even seeing Graham play for us. Graham has a decent scoring record per starting appearances and I trust Tommy. Lappin appeared from off the radar, and from the short time I saw him on Saturday I think he will be a decent acquisition. Graham will also be wearing a Saints shirt from now on so let's reserve judgement and get behind him and the club!!!

Good post - couldn't agree more.  Clearly some of the people on here feel they know better than our manager.  I don't - in Tommy I most certainly trust.

Jim

How much is it going to cost saints in wages with graham being here on loan aswell as adam morgans loan

compaired to signing a player permantly like ayina or deekman

Tommy has already said they had a guy in on trial that they were going to sign before he turned down Saints at the last minute, guess that was Ayina.

People seem to be in love with Deekman, on the back of what? Youtube videos and a name?

We need a targetman to allow McLean to move back into the link role.

We never had one last season.

I'm pretty pleased about this signing. A year ago, if we had signed a guy from the league below us with his scoring record we would have been lauding it as a signing with excellent potential who could well come good under the proven tutelage of our management and coaching staff.

He had a mediocre season at Dundee Utd where other performed better and he barely got a chance. I still reckon he deserves a decent chance at a team like Saints where he will get the opportunity to prove himself and the direction toi make something of it.

27 goal strikers come along to a team like Saints very rarely and so the likelihood of replacing like for like was slim at best but ten to fifteen goals from him and McLean is more than fine by me.