Player contracts and transfers

David123

Good try?

Tommy Wright met with Dobbie at the weekend. He wants to come back and settle with his family in Scotland. He is 33 in December, but I think he will be a good signing.

:o

This was posted AFTER midday.

It's happening.

Graham is exactly the type of striker we've been missing for years.

Anybody who doesn't think he's good enough would do well to remember some of the utter garbage we've had impost on our strikforce over the last 25 years and I'm sure beyond.

If Graham is the type of striker that we've been missing over the last 25 years - the most successful period of our history - I'd quite like to go without his sort for a bit longer, thanks.

I hope Graham can prove his worth prior end of the season. I don't think Dundee Utd will want him back so he should be on a "free".

He has had his chances to prove and time running short. Pleasing to note that gone are the days when we sign the likes of Kenny Deuchar though.

I hope Graham can prove his worth prior end of the season. I don't think Dundee Utd will want him back so he should be on a "free".

He has had his chances to prove and time running short. Pleasing to note that gone are the days when we sign the likes of Kenny Deuchar though.

:lol:  Deuchar was a superb striker for us, especially in his first spell.

A few of the papers reporting that Alan Mannus will sign a new contract in the next few days.

If true, it's fantastic news. Genuinely didn't expect him to stay on. Won't be happy until it's confirmed though, remember last season we were all told that Stevie May would sign a new deal only for it to drag on.

His first spell was in the first division, probably his level, 5 goals in a season in top league wasn't good enough imo, considering Sheridan scored more in half a season

His work rate created chances for others and took the pressure off the side, it shouldnt be forgotten how important he was despite the lack of goals. He also assisted seven goals in the league that year btw.

Its similar to how everyone slates Graham, yet in games he plays we generally have more shots on goal than when he doesnt. It was pointed out to me by a friend how we never had a single chance on goal against Partick, yet Graham came in and got about five chances all for himself the next week. Same with the first game against Caley in Inverness, we never had a shot on goal until Graham came on and scored. His ability to remain in the box and cause problems is something the other forwards dont have, as MacLean would rather be outside the box, while Kane still seems a bit raw.

Friend Andy up from Rochdale he said their striker Ian Henderson (30) has yet to sign a new contract. Henderson has scored 18 goals this season. Andy a rugby fan and could not give any more information. Surely he is worth a look at. Let's hope TW has been looking for a striker or we will end up signing Graham, not a good signing in my opinion

Goalkeepers

1 - Alan Mannus - (32) - 2017
15 - Steve Banks - (42) - 2015
21 - Zander Clark - (22) - 2016

Defenders

2 - Dave Mackay - (34) - 2016
3 - Tam Scobbie - (27) - 2015
5 - Frazer Wright - (35) - 2015
6 - Steven Anderson - (29) - 2016
19 - Gary Miller - (27) - 2015
23 - Gareth Rodger - (21) - 2015

24 - Brian Easton - (27) - 2017

Midfielders

4 - Simon Lappin - (32) - 2016
7 - Chris Millar - (32) - 2017
10 - David Wotherspoon - (25) - 2017

11 - Danny Swanson - (28) - 2015

16 - Liam Caddis - (21) - 2015
18 - Murray Davidson - (27) - 2017
20 - Scott Brown - (20) - 2016
22 - Lee Croft - (29) - 2015

31 - Dylan Easton - (21) - 2016

Forwards

9 - Steven MacLean - (32) - 2016

14 - Brian Graham - (27) - 2015

17 - James McFadden - (31) - 2015

25 - Chris Kane - (20) - 2018 

29 - Michael O'Halloran - (24) - 2016

Would imagine that Scobbie and Wright would get new deals, but Miller, Rodgers, Caddis, Croft and McFadden will be off ski.

I think we will try to make the deals for Graham and Swanson permanent. With Brad McKay coming in can't see us adding to the defensive side of the squad. Hopefully Tommy adds a bit more pace and creativity to the midfield and forward areas.

All in all, on paper it looks like we will have a decent squad going into next season.