Player contracts and transfers

David123

Going to get pelters for this but I honestly believe Heffernan could do a job for Saints. Always rated him highly.

Ooft.

I think he's too similar to Maclean to be honest. I think we need a big striker and a goal scorer (Sutton would be perfect as he fulfils both of those criteria!)

Tommy wants 2 strikers so I suppose you never know. I'd prefer a younger player than Heffernan, who has also been plagued by injuries over the last few years.

I agree with the real saints about kane hemmings...yes the club have signed up a lot of players for next season and beyond but yet it comes across to me they wanted to sign up BG but were 'slow' off the mark and now the same could be said for Fraz wright. yes him and TW have said they will chat at the end of the season but if tW wants him to stay sign him up NOW.

as others have said I would like us to sign a couple of younger 22/23 year olds from the lower leagues in Scotland similar to what the DABS have done and get a striker who obviously knows where the onion bag is... would be happy with John Sutton.  scumaroo are making their transfer moves early so should we.

Heffernan - God no, he's proved at Dundee he cant play at this level anymore

Stokes - Theres absolutely no chance of that happening

May -  Just give it up. Even if theres a chance of getting him teams with more money would be interested, we have no chance.

Scobbie will likely get a new deal, and I'd offer Miller one too personally, as without him we'd be looking at Anderson to play right back, and thats not good

Yet the prospect of Gary Miller at right back is?

Yes, he been good for us there. Not sure why everyones suddenly decided to target him as some form of fall guy, probably because people on here absolutely need a certain player to constantly put down, but every single time hes been given a run in the side he's performed. The European games this season were bad, but he was hardly the only one who struggled, and his mistake was just one of those things. I think we'd struggle to get anyone as good as him as back up for that right back spot, as Brad McKay is a centre back and only a centre back, and Anderson should never play right back in his life again.

Gary Miller should NOT be kept on. He's no where near good enough imo.

Any opinions changed from last night KYLE?

I've always liked Miller. Capable yet erratic, prone to the odd mistake like most of our players can be at times. Good, versatile squad player to have, especially if he doesn't mind being on the bench most of the season.

As I'm sure you've seen on P&B, I have said I'm being won round to the idea of him being kept on as back up. I still don't think he's good enough to be a regular, but we've got a good defensive unit and would rather see us focus on the forward areas.

As I'm sure you've seen on P&B, I have said I'm being won round to the idea of him being kept on as back up. I still don't think he's good enough to be a regular, but we've got a good defensive unit and would rather see us focus on the forward areas.

I know, I just felt like bringing Gary Millers future up for discussion. Wonder if being first choice there for the start of next season, and the prospect of playing Mackay more central if Miller performs well, will entice him?

I agree with the real saints about kane hemmings...yes the club have signed up a lot of players for next season and beyond but yet it comes across to me they wanted to sign up BG but were 'slow' off the mark and now the same could be said for Fraz wright. yes him and TW have said they will chat at the end of the season but if tW wants him to stay sign him up NOW.

as others have said I would like us to sign a couple of younger 22/23 year olds from the lower leagues in Scotland similar to what the DABS have done and get a striker who obviously knows where the onion bag is... would be happy with John Sutton. scumaroo are making their transfer moves early so should we.

Rubbish, for me anyway Graeme appears to be a bit of a Johny big boots and a bit unsettling in the changing room.He did not sit on the beach for 2 months for no reason. If Tommy wanted him i believe he would have signed him,i liked BG but no big loss

Hemmings, How do you know we never tried to get him? How do you know Tommy wanted him and,finally How do you know Tommy has not lined up someone much better

Rubbish, for me anyway Graeme appears to be a bit of a Johny big boots and a bit unsettling in the changing room.He did not sit on the beach for 2 months for no reason. If Tommy wanted him i believe he would have signed him,i liked BG but no big loss

Hemmings, How do you know we never tried to get him? How do you know Tommy wanted him and,finally How do you know Tommy has not lined up someone much better

Because Saints would be shouting from the roof tops if we had.

I saw Franky van der Elst going into Shenanigans.

Can we afford his salary demands??

On a more serious note I found out we might have a chance with signing Nick Ross. Have it on good authority that their chairman thinks he will just sign a new contract on low terms as he's local but the players not happy with lack of game time.

Can we afford his salary demands??

On a more serious note I found out we might have a chance with signing Nick Ross. Have it on good authority that their chairman thinks he will just sign a new contract on low terms as he's local but the players not happy with lack of game time.

Won't be guaranteed a game with us either as Midge,Muzz,Lappin & Brown etc before him. Strikers are priority.

The problem with Gary Miller is he usually gets a game after several weeks of having no game-time. It would make 95% of players inconsistent.

I think with a run of games at the start of the season (with MacKay out) after a pre-season in the knowledge it's his opportunity to grab the jersey and make it his might well bring out a better player.

Unless there is a far superior right back available for free and in our price range, I'd keep him on.

Agree SlickDT, Miller is a good player ,but never going to be match fit getting a game here and there.Scobbie was the messiah at cb last season for weeks,playing out if his skin, but now,not getting any slack for being out for 4 months too,some fans have no tolerance levels at all, and expect flawless performances

I know, I just felt like bringing Gary Millers future up for discussion. Wonder if being first choice there for the start of next season, and the prospect of playing Mackay more central if Miller performs well, will entice him?

People forget, a big part of being a consistant player IS confidence. Look at Falcao, has he suddenly just become rank? My point is even the best need confidence. Sitting on the bench and then expected to perform at the higest level when you get 5-10 mins changes nothin, and when you don't (cos it's nigh on possible) perform as expected? you get pelters.

Imagine us at work and gaffer coming round telling you you been over looked for Overtime this week cos yer no up to scratch? Then when he needs a rush job expects you to get it done on time? same difference?

Alot of players are harshly treated on here and a lucky few can do no wrong. I remember Gary's howler and most probably so does he, but his record of how well we do when he's in the team is no co-incidence. Soccerbase?  

It's troo what they say! 'Get it right, no one remembers, get it wrong, no one forgets!'

A full season at RB I think we would see a difference?

McFadden seems to be leaving, judging by the comments attributed to him on the BBC gossip column. He's saing he feels things haven't worked out the way he wanted them to at Saints, but he believes he can still contribute at the top level and hopes potential suitors aren't put off.

I didn't think he would stay. Even if offered a deal, he seems to want regular football which isn't really something he's gotten with us.

Dundee have now signed Kevin Holt from QOS. Interesting to see how quickly Dundee have gone about their business this Summer. They look like theyll be fairly strong next season, so our dealings need to be good.

Fairly strong or fighting to make up a 15 point deduction at this rate.

Dundee are getting outside investment from these Americans and Bill Colvin. Fine while it's there but they thought the Marrs and the guy Melville were sound as well. Transfer fees, long contracts and wages to see off rival clubs. Yet not an ounce of concern from their support. But then they brushed aside an £800,000 loss last year because apparently being in the Championship made that acceptable.