Player contracts and transfers

David123

Cheers, Kyle.

Would be surprised to see Steve Banks not offered a new deal, player/coach or just coach. The young goalkeepers at the club seem to like him (based on interviews with Ross) and learn a lot from him.

Agree with TRS re Gary Miller - would definitely offer him a new deal if he's fine remaining second choice. At this stage of his career he may look to move on though.

Press and Journal are reporting that we have signed Joe Shaughnessy from Aberdeen.

22 year old defender, can play right back or centre back.

I assume that could mean the end of Gary Miller or Frazer Wright... possibly both when you look at the other options.

Just seen this on Twitter, more of a full back than centre is he not?

Aberdeen fans are saying he's too slow to be a full back and too weak to be a centre back! He actually fits the description of Scobbie in a lot of ways to be honest.

Jim Spence reporting it's a two year deal.

Press and Journal are reporting that we have signed Joe Shaughnessy from Aberdeen.

I assume that could mean the end of Gary Miller or Frazer Wright... possibly both when you look at the other options.

Interesting...can Brad McKay not play right back also? If so, you would think Miller might be on his way. Not sure about Wright, I thought the new guys coming in were more right sided. If Cleland is up for the Raith job, perhaps Wright can be convinced to sign up as player/coach?

Not Millers greatest fan but not sure Shaughnessy is any better.

I'd say that Joe Shaugh is a potentially superb signing for the saintees. As a Dons fan, I'd say that he was more than a little unlucky to be let go by DM. I reckon, having watched his development from a youngster, that he is undoubtedly best used in his natural position in the centre of defence. I don't often recall him letting us down in the first team. Does occasionally get turned a bit at right back but hey, so does Shay Logan. Stick my neck out and say that his signing is a real coup for St Johnstone and think he may have many successful years in Perth. Wish him the best of good luck, anyway.

I'd say that Joe Shaugh is a potentially superb signing for the saintees. As a Dons fan, I'd say that he was more than a little unlucky to be let go by DM. I reckon, having watched his development from a youngster, that he is undoubtedly best used in his natural position in the centre of defence. I don't often recall him letting us down in the first team. Does occasionally get turned a bit at right back but hey, so does Shay Logan. Stick my neck out and say that his signing is a real coup for St Johnstone and think he may have many successful years in Perth. Wish him the best of good luck, anyway.

Good stuff!

Thanks Mr or Mrs Shaughnessy

More or less what my sheep pals in Glenrothes were saying, so quite hopeful

Could be wrong but I think I remember there was huge focus on shaughnessy when he first broke into the aberdeen team, a lot of people were talking him up as the next big thing, seems to have lost his way a little bit but I think will be a good signing

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum