Player contracts and transfers

David123

Saints have been linked with Cliftonville striker Joe Gormley.However, Wright said: “Joe is a player I have watched several times this season but he has a year left on his contract and I would imagine Cliftonville are looking for a good fee for him.“We have no plans to be making any bids.”

Rules out one anyway . Not hard to find these by the way .

His situations similars to McKays, I think. Hearts are pretty good to youngsters in that theyll talk to the players first, and if they player says they'll want to leave then Hearts won't offer anything so the compensations waived. 

I think.

Well this must have just changed. Hearts have previously put players i.e. under 20s out of the game pending the payment of a development fee.

We had all this speculative shit last season about a budget and apparently the Chairman said "if we had £170,000 then we would get 3 players" and once again we are all raising hopes about who we were gonna sign this season - nothing will change -its the Boards decision and we are all gonna have to accept it....They run the show.

We had all this speculative shit last season about a budget and apparently the Chairman said "if we had £170,000 then we would get 3 players" and once again we are all raising hopes about who we were gonna sign this season - nothing will change -its the Boards decision and we are all gonna have to accept it....They run the show.

and they are doing a very good job.

Its hard to fly under the radar for 4 years in a row!!

Edited by Templar Saint

That's 2009. Got any quotes saying that transfer fees aren't out of the question this season?

Be very specific.

Got any quotes that say they are? Pre-2009 we were in a worse spot than we are now. 4 years in Europe back to back. Can't remember the club ever stating anything regarding club finances and I don't expect that to change. I do remember reading a quote from GB stating he regretted not buying Griffiths. If a player requires a fee and will benefit us, i expect us to pay